Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Aug 2003, 03:32 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

I HAVE BEEN GETTING A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT EVER SINCE I INSTALLED A STAGE I UPGRADE.

THE ERROR CODE IS P0141, IT STATES A SENSOR HEATER.

IS THIS HARMFUL TO THE ENGINE? DANGEROUS? WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

I HAVE A FRIENDS WHO OWNS A DRBIII AND WE KEEP ERASING THE CODE SO THE LIGHT WOULD TURN OFF BUT IT COMES ON AGAIN.

NEED SOME ADVICE
Old 07 Aug 2003, 04:05 pm
Senior Cruiser

I don't have a list of codes here but "sensor heater" to me says O2 sensor since it is heated. If this is the case, they heat them to bring them to running temp quickely to get them working sooner. They will come to running temp themselves by being in the exhaust gas stream. It is for pollution control purposes that they heat it fast. Of course if the code does not refer to this I just wrote a whole bunch for nothing. Hey, you gets what you paid for!
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 07 Aug 2003, 04:24 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I got it also when I instaled mine.

Disconnect the negative battery terminal with the engine warm and check again.

I did this, it never came back.

Ian
Old 08 Aug 2003, 11:13 am
Cool Cruiser

I disconected the battery and the light came on again. It does it in the first couple of minutes after I start the car, if it doesn't come on after the first couple of minutes I'm right as rain.

I assume this is not harmful to the engine, but it really bothers me, any other thoughts?

I didn't mention I live in Mexico City and the altitude is very high, could this have anything to do with it?

It is an 02 Sensor Heater (P0141) error code.

Thanks
Patriot Blue 5-Spd, Stage I, Mopar BOV, BTG Intake, Custom 3\" Turbo-Back, Spring Mod, BTG Shock Tower Brace, Vogtland Springs, Koni Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, Azev Type M 18x8.5 wheels, Ventus K104 tires, Projector Bi-Xenon Lights, Rear spoiler, Autometer Gauges, Illuminated sill plates, K&N Oil Filter, Mopar subwoofer. Mexico City. See pics: http://www.sportcarsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=715