Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
CODE P0141 ANYONE?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Aug 2003, 02:01 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default CODE P0141 ANYONE?

MINE HAS A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON AFTER INSTALLATION OF THE STAGE I TURBO UPGRADE.

IT'S AN O2 SENSOR HEATER. ANY THOUGHTS OR ADVICE?

[xx(]
Old 09 Aug 2003, 12:49 am
Cool Cruiser

which 02 is it,check wire for chafing,and
plug in to make sure it is seated.
Old 09 Aug 2003, 03:43 am
Cool Cruiser

It's the one in the back, in the exhaust path. I'll check the wires. Could this have anything to do with the Stage I? And more importantly, could it damage some parts if it persists?
Patriot Blue 5-Spd, Stage I, Mopar BOV, BTG Intake, Custom 3\" Turbo-Back, Spring Mod, BTG Shock Tower Brace, Vogtland Springs, Koni Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, Azev Type M 18x8.5 wheels, Ventus K104 tires, Projector Bi-Xenon Lights, Rear spoiler, Autometer Gauges, Illuminated sill plates, K&N Oil Filter, Mopar subwoofer. Mexico City. See pics: http://www.sportcarsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=715
Old 09 Aug 2003, 06:19 am
Cool Cruiser

You will have to find out if the reading
is to rich or to lean. To rich will not be
as big a problem as to lean, but I don't
think thats what the the cel is being set
from.
It sounds like the 02 is not getting up
to temp,have your dealer check it out.
Old 09 Aug 2003, 12:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

You should ensure all your ECU connectors are firmly seated. You might want to disconnect and reconnect all of them. Listen carefully for that "click' sound the lock makes when the connector is fully engaged. Don't forget to disconnect your battery prior to unplugging the ECU.

Don't worry about damaging anything. Fueling is primarily done off the upstream sensor so your engine won't be running too lean or too rich.

BTW, how's Stage 1 boosting up there in high altitude? What kind of octane are you able to run? Is your PT a manual or auto trans?
Old 09 Aug 2003, 12:53 pm
Cool Cruiser

It's the first Stage I in Mexico, it's much better now, I haven't taken it to sea level since the upgrade but before the upgrade there was a huge difference. I just hate the speed limiter though, I hit it every single day, I commute to work on an open highway.

Mine is a Manual, and it's great.

So I assume I'll be fine if I don't get rid of the Check Engine Light, is there a way to desconnect it, I can check every day the codes with a DRBIII and don't be bothered by it, along with fasten seat bel light (it's not mandatory here)

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by romli

You should ensure all your ECU connectors are firmly seated. You might want to disconnect and reconnect all of them. Listen carefully for that "click' sound the lock makes when the connector is fully engaged. Don't forget to disconnect your battery prior to unplugging the ECU.

Don't worry about damaging anything. Fueling is primarily done off the upstream sensor so your engine won't be running too lean or too rich.

BTW, how's Stage 1 boosting up there in high altitude? What kind of octane are you able to run? Is your PT a manual or auto trans?
Patriot Blue 5-Spd, Stage I, Mopar BOV, BTG Intake, Custom 3\" Turbo-Back, Spring Mod, BTG Shock Tower Brace, Vogtland Springs, Koni Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, Azev Type M 18x8.5 wheels, Ventus K104 tires, Projector Bi-Xenon Lights, Rear spoiler, Autometer Gauges, Illuminated sill plates, K&N Oil Filter, Mopar subwoofer. Mexico City. See pics: http://www.sportcarsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=715
Old 09 Aug 2003, 01:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

hola amigo.. como estas?
Glad to hear that the kit arrived to you in Mexico. I am the Mopar Performance Parts product line manager (in the US). I just spent 5 years in Mexico and have been working with the Mopar Team in Mexico to launch this... they haven't done it yet. How did you find out about the kit?

AND how long did it take from the time you ordered the kit to the time you received it.

Saludos!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MEXICANPT

It's the first Stage I in Mexico, it's much better now, I haven't taken it to sea level since the upgrade but before the upgrade there was a huge difference. I just hate the speed limiter though, I hit it every single day, I commute to work on an open highway.

Mine is a Manual, and it's great.

So I assume I'll be fine if I don't get rid of the Check Engine Light, is there a way to desconnect it, I can check every day the codes with a DRBIII and don't be bothered by it, along with fasten seat bel light (it's not mandatory here)

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by romli

Old 12 Aug 2003, 10:27 pm
Cool Cruiser

I ALREADY SEATED ALL THE CONNECTORS FIRMLY, IT WAS FINE FOR A WHILE BUT THEN IT CAME BACK ON, THEN IT WENT AWAY, THEN IT CAME BACK ON. ANY OTHER THOUGHTS? IT'S AREAL BUMMER.

I JUST DON'T THINK AN "OEM" PART SHOULD HAVE THIS TYPE OF FLAWS I'VE HAD MANY CHIPPED CARS BEFORE AND I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT.[xx(]
Old 12 Aug 2003, 10:48 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Well,

I guess is time to call the Help line..

Turbo G, Puedes ayudar?

Ian
Old 13 Aug 2003, 12:40 am
Cool Cruiser

UNIQTWIN AND ROMLI ARE TRYING TO HELP, IT'S JUST A LITTLE HARDER FOR THEM SINCE I'M A DIFFERENT COUNTRY.

JUST HOPE YOU GUY CAN GET ME THROUGH THIS ONE IN NO TIME.

IN THE MEANTIME, ANY IDEAS?