PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stage I Performance 5 speed Manual Transmission!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Aug 2003, 12:14 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Stage I Performance 5 speed Manual Transmission!

I would like to hear how those of you with Stage I and 5 speed manual transmisson are doing with codes and performance, any data?

Moondoggie!
03 GT Turbo 5 Speed Manual
Stage I & Mopar BOV[:I]
Old 13 Aug 2003, 12:34 am
Cool Cruiser

PERFORMANCE IS JUST GREAT, BUT I'M GETTING CODE P0141 AND NOW THEY'RE TELLING ME I HAVE TO SHIP BACK MY ECU SO THEY CAN RECALIBRATE IT.

THE CAR JUST HAS A LOT MORE POWER THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE POWERBAND, IT'S GREAT.
Patriot Blue 5-Spd, Stage I, Mopar BOV, BTG Intake, Custom 3\" Turbo-Back, Spring Mod, BTG Shock Tower Brace, Vogtland Springs, Koni Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, Azev Type M 18x8.5 wheels, Ventus K104 tires, Projector Bi-Xenon Lights, Rear spoiler, Autometer Gauges, Illuminated sill plates, K&N Oil Filter, Mopar subwoofer. Mexico City. See pics: http://www.sportcarsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=715
Old 13 Aug 2003, 09:24 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I guess them asking for you to send it to them is a good idea since there are no parts involved, only programing. At least There is some support for Stage 1...
Keep us posted

Ian
Old 16 Aug 2003, 06:33 am
Cool Cruiser

First gear is virtually useless as the tires break loose as soon as you go to full boost. I was running a MBC when running at the track and would compare Stage 1 just a little below the performace of using a MBC. I'm getting 15 lbs. on average with Stage 1 but was running 16-16.5 with the MBC, of course the advantage of Stage 1 is you can run it all the time...I was turning my MBC back down when running on the street to avoid codes.
Powershifting is now a blast although I'll save that for occasional track use, this car needs to last me over 100K miles and at least 10 years as my main transportation ( I have another drag car when I get the urge to beat the living daylites out of the powertrain).
So far no codes but I've only had it on the road twice since the Stage 1 install (finished install yesterday).
All in all I'd consider Stage 1 a bargain for fun-factor...MOPAR you did a great job!!! My total cost on Stage 1 and BOV was exactly $400 including shipping.
GT, 5-Spd, K&N filter, Stage I, AGP 3147 Big Turbo, DTEC Fuel Kit, Tial WGA, Greddy Profec EBC, DCR 55mm TB, 05 Plastic Manifold, 180 Deg. Stat, CCA FMIC, AMX hard-pipes, Water-Injection, STS shifter, Needswings 3\" DP w/dump and Borla Cat-back, BG Drop Springs, Eibach Sway Bars, Panther alloys & Eagle F1 Max-Performance Tires. Best run to date...12.93 @113.45MPH.
77 Blown Vette-runs 10\'s @ 136 MPH.
Old 18 Aug 2003, 08:33 am
Cool Cruiser

Car ran even better today. I took my wife out to breakfast (Sunday morning) and had to show her the differance of how the car runs with the Stage 1 installed. She noticed two things..."what was that?" when the BOV vented between shifts and "I've never heard that before" when we chirped the tires on the 1-2 shift. She also told me to "warn her in advance" when hammering gears after our first short quick blast up to 85 in 3rd...something she has never said before in our first 5 months of ownership!
That tells me even more that the Stage 1 makes a very noticable improvement.
Deen
GT, 5-Spd, K&N filter, Stage I, AGP 3147 Big Turbo, DTEC Fuel Kit, Tial WGA, Greddy Profec EBC, DCR 55mm TB, 05 Plastic Manifold, 180 Deg. Stat, CCA FMIC, AMX hard-pipes, Water-Injection, STS shifter, Needswings 3\" DP w/dump and Borla Cat-back, BG Drop Springs, Eibach Sway Bars, Panther alloys & Eagle F1 Max-Performance Tires. Best run to date...12.93 @113.45MPH.
Old 19 Aug 2003, 03:43 am
Veteran Cruiser

Ordered the Stage I for my 5 speed today. Don't know exactly when I'll get it. The parts guy said it could show up by Friday. If not the parts guy said he'll run a trace on it so I'll have a better idea when. He had to call DC to get the part # for the 5 speed because he didn't have it. I'm the first to get one from my dealer.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 19 Aug 2003, 07:24 am
Cool Cruiser

Mean Green,
We'll have to meet up one of these days, I see your from Silverton...about 125 miles from our house. I pass within a few miles once or twice a month as we head for the dragstrip at Woodburn. Have you joined a Cruiser Club yet? We just joined the TVCC club (Portland area) and had a great cruise with 96 other Cruisers to see the covered bridges around Stayton, a Detroit Lake B-B-Q, and a overnight stay in Bend. They have something going on at least twice a month. Drop us a line when you have the time...
Deen & Kris
P.S. Your gonna LOVE Stage 1
Old 20 Aug 2003, 04:06 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by hyracer

Mean Green,
We'll have to meet up one of these days, I see your from Silverton...about 125 miles from our house. I pass within a few miles once or twice a month as we head for the dragstrip at Woodburn. Have you joined a Cruiser Club yet? We just joined the TVCC club (Portland area) and had a great cruise with 96 other Cruisers to see the covered bridges around Stayton, a Detroit Lake B-B-Q, and a overnight stay in Bend. They have something going on at least twice a month. Drop us a line when you have the time...
Deen & Kris
P.S. Your gonna LOVE Stage 1
My wife and I were there except we didn't go on to Bend. We've belonged to TVCC for a couple of years. Are you folks going to the luau on Sept. 6th?
Tom

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 20 Aug 2003, 08:36 am
Cool Cruiser

Mean Green, I sent you E-mail this morning to let this thread get back to its original question.
We had previous plans (Hoodriver mini-vac) for that weekend...bummer! But should meet up at a TVCC event soon.
Deen