Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Question for Tommy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Aug 2003, 02:04 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Question for Tommy

We installed the Stage 1 kit this weekend and noticed that the new injectors were shipped without nozel protector caps (the poly end caps that prevent metal to metal contact on the injector tip). The poly end caps were on the old injectors, but were not able to be removed without damage.

Is this an oversight?[:I]

I dont like metal to metal contact in parts that tend to move as Injectors will do (the reason for the large doughnut shaped injector seals). Also one of the worst things that happen to injectors is HEATSOAK (remember metal to metal contact). The hot engine transferrs heat to the injectors and the fuel cokes(becomes thick tar), making what mechanics call "squirters" out of your injectors.

There seem to be a few woopses in the release of this product, I would appreciate any feedback on this issue. Metal flakes in the intake plenum could be bad news, but plugged injectors are worse (plugged injectors cause run dry cylinders that burn valves and fry pistons in an already hot enviornment)!!!

By the way...if the cylinders run dry because of this issue, your warranty will not cover the replacement of valves or pistons. The "unwarranted" injectors would be the causative factor!!![B)]
Old 18 Aug 2003, 08:50 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to tthrift

kirby i don't have an answer for you, you may want to drop uniq twin an email on this.

tommy
Old 18 Aug 2003, 08:55 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I did that first thing today! No answer yet.

Thanks for the quick reply. Robert said "Tommy IS the man - and thanks for the T" (worn throughout the install).