Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stage 1 Installed Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Aug 2003, 06:52 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Stage 1 Installed Question

For all you guys that installed your Stage 1 kits.

The instructions have no mention of thermal tip protectors, and the kit we installed had none pre-installed, as were the injector seals.

Thermal Soak can cause the injectors to become overly hot and coke the contained fuel much as the turbo will coke the oil on the turbo bearings.

I am inquiring about EVERYONE'S injectors... did anyone recieve injector tips(clear plastic)on their new injectors, or were you successful in removing the tips from the original injectors and installing them on the new injectors without instruction?

This could be a serious issue, PLEASE RESPOND.

Thank You.
Kirby
Old 18 Aug 2003, 07:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

Kirby,

As a check, you may want to scour the SRT-4 forums and see if they also had the injector tips with their Stage 1 kits.

My 2 cents,

Scott
Old 18 Aug 2003, 11:58 pm
Cool Cruiser

Kirby,

I know it's only a few hours later, but did you find anything??

Scott
Old 19 Aug 2003, 01:56 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I think that I have found that the folks that want to take the leap don't want to hear about a potential problem once they have their foot into the new power.
Maybe because it isn't as easy as changing your oil and they don't want to redo the install and take the chance of the kit not working as well (if it's not broken, don't fix it).
We'll see.
The old model T used to run quite a long time with bailing wire fixes. Maybe these folks will be lucky, maybe not. Either way they are forwarned and already invested.

Cross your fingers![:I]
Old 19 Aug 2003, 02:39 pm
Cool Cruiser

Ok, for what it is worth. I just called my local dealership where they have installed ONE ST1 for one of there salesman. There tech said, "you do not need the tips, they choke the spray pattern". But he did NOT answer my second question about thermal soak.
Hope you get something from DC before I order. Everyday I go to order and something comes up and I [xx(]. Come on DC!

03 Steel Blue Pearl Turbo, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Magnaflow performance muffler, My Air Box mod., AMXpipe W/K&N filter, LED lighting,PT Tunning rear lowering springs & BGT Strut tower brace, Hankooks Ventus tires, Rage Motif 17 in. wheels. Tribal pinstrips by Palmer (who else), Color match paint by Etouchup.com, Plugs and wires by Sparkplugs.com, http://members.cardomain.com/rodrungtpt
Old 19 Aug 2003, 02:43 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I have pictures, the tip cannot choke the spray unless the injector majically is able to spray at an angle approaching 90 degrees. It's not high tech, it just surrounds and locates the tip in the intake plenum, so you don't have aluminum resting on aluminum (not a real hardy metal).
Old 19 Aug 2003, 03:51 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RODRUN

Ok, for what it is worth. I just called my local dealership where they have installed ONE ST1 for one of there salesman. There tech said, "you do not need the tips, they choke the spray pattern". But he did NOT answer my second question about thermal soak.
Hope you get something from DC before I order. Everyday I go to order and something comes up and I [xx(]. Come on DC!

Do yourself a favor ...order the tip protectors separately, save your latte money for a day, they just snap on. In 70,000 mi when yours is still kicking and theirs is not, you'll know why!

This tech is the same guy that ends up with extra nuts and bolts on every repair...and sweeps them into the trash![)]