Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stage II Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Aug 2003, 09:10 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Stage II Build

After feeling how much the Stage 1 kit affected the PT, I would like to ask everyone what they would do to help our little PT to handle 270 Horsepower without either tearing itself apart, or running into unscheduled stops (inanimate objects like parked cars, trees, or brick walls.)

I would start off with Konis and at least 225/18 tread on substantial 8"X 18 wheels. Most reasonably agressive drivers will be able to scrub off the stock M&S tires in 15K or less with the Stage 1 on board.
Old 18 Aug 2003, 09:41 pm
Cool Cruiser

Limited Slip Differential!!! (can you tell I'm a fan)
Adjustabel Koni's
Air bags in the rear
Sticky, sticky tires!
http://connect.to/YBT
Old 19 Aug 2003, 02:20 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kirby

After feeling how much the Stage 1 kit affected the PT, I would like to ask everyone what they would do to help our little PT to handle 270 Horsepower without either tearing itself apart, or running into unscheduled stops (inanimate objects like parked cars, trees, or brick walls.)

I would start off with Konis and at least 225/18 tread on substantial 8"X 18 wheels. Most reasonably agressive drivers will be able to scrub off the stock M&S tires in 15K or less with the Stage 1 on board.
Kirby - Are you saying that our stock GT's won't handle the power increase of Stage II without other mods. I want Stage I but am thinking of waiting for Stage II and get all the goods plus 270 HP for a one-time outlay of $900 +. Your thoughts? - Lou

\'03 GT Inferno Red AutoStick - Stage 1 - Air Box Mods & K&N Filter - AMX Intake Down Pipe - Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust - Magnacor 8.5mm Ignition Wires - Pin Stripping - Chrome Side Spears - Chrome Tail Light Covers - Chrome Fuel Door - E&G Custom Grill - Painted Rear Mud Guards - 3-D Liquid Flames - Chrome/Red Neon Washer Nozzles - Interior Neon
Old 19 Aug 2003, 02:29 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

My feelings are exactly that! 270hp will definitely be a wild ride. Take a look at other autos with that power to weight ratio: EVO, STI.
How are they equipped? Brakes - four piston cross drilled!
Tires and wheels? 225 or better racing tread on 8" rims!
Major suspension beefing!

If you go that fast you have to be able to control it!
This is well beyond wondering if you need to add the rear sway bar!
Old 19 Aug 2003, 02:31 pm
Senior Cruiser

I don't think he is questioning the ability of the engine/tranny to hold up to the additional HP/Torque that the Stage II will make, I think he's talking about also upgrading the brakes and suspension as well, which isn't a bad idea when you start adding gobs of go fast stuff.You need to be able to stop it and turn it quicker too.Of course, if you'll only be doing drag racing, then just make sure you have lots of shut-down area and you'll be OK.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 19 Aug 2003, 03:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

You definately need something to kill the rev limiter and governor. I hate stalling at 125mph now... it's gonna suck even worse after stage 2.
2003 Cranberry GT. Turbosmart manual boost controller and blow off valve, Autometer boost guage, custom cold air intake, APC carbon Fiber Euro Taillights, Street Glow purple under car neon, purple grill neon.
Old 19 Aug 2003, 03:57 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I know that several guys have already snapped axles, and one torque converter bit the dust with the puny things we are able to do now. No one I know is approaching 270hp in a PT yet.

Maybe our young protege will get one 3 months early again. He really thrashes. I'll bet that he finds the weak links right away (at least for straight line).
Old 19 Aug 2003, 03:59 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by GT_Firebreather

You definately need something to kill the rev limiter and governor. I hate stalling at 125mph now... it's gonna suck even worse after stage 2.
Stage 1 guys have gon 125+ already, I'll bet the limits are off the Stage 2.
Old 19 Aug 2003, 04:15 pm
Young Cruiser

I know that several guys have already snapped axles, and one torque converter bit the dust with the puny things we are able to do now. No one I know is approaching 270hp in a PT yet.

I was at 254 wheel hp with a 75hp shot of NOS. Now I have the Stage 1 installed so I should be pretty close to the mark. I will get to a dyno again soon and let you know.
Old 19 Aug 2003, 04:40 pm
Senior Cruiser

The Speed limiter is still there on the Stage 1 ?

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack