Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stage I on order, 374.00 to door.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Aug 2003, 10:13 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Stage I on order, 374.00 to door.

Just got done with my order. Seemed like the right price to me. I have a auto and it apears they all charge 30.00 more for auto. Anyone know why?

Next question, Mopar BOV or not? Does it increase performance a lot or a little? I hear they make a lot of noise up front. I mean it says it is to vent out, not into the intake, but at the temps there is it very important?

Dont want the noise up front, why I wont do a intake, just a drop in K&N and if someone could explain where the othe 2 air flow restrictions are I will look at takeing them out with the white one. With the K&N drop in the oil would have to flow over the filter to get in so I am not to concerned there. I am concerned with the other PCV line and I have seen the air dryer mode and would consider that. What is th i/d dia. of that hose?

Finally is this a tough mode (Stage I) for someone with better than averge wrench skills? Any time estimates?

Anyone feel free to ping me off list if that is easier.

Thanks in Advance
Old 25 Aug 2003, 09:14 am
Cool Cruiser

The auto costs more because of the TCM (transmission control module). This isn't needed on manual cars.
Old 25 Aug 2003, 04:22 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DTs_PTGT

The auto costs more because of the TCM (transmission control module). This isn't needed on manual cars.
So this means that there are two computers in the auto???

I thought it was just programing, this would explain the need for the "Quick Learn"...

Ian
Old 26 Aug 2003, 12:02 am
Fanatic Cruiser

The Automatic PCM contains the TCM also. It is a higher cost item. The 5 speed PCM doesn't have the control circuitry (TCM) needed for the auto.

You are correct in saying that the auto contains 2 computers as opposed to the 1 in the manual. Prior to the 2003 model, the TCM was a separate controller mounted outside the PCM.

The current (2003) and later PCMs are called NGC for Next Generation Controllers. Combining the TCM with the PCM was one of the major changes they brought about.

Ian, you are right to pick up on the quick learn proceedure on the new PCM pointing to the extra computer withing it on the auto.
Old 26 Aug 2003, 08:08 am
Fanatic Cruiser

So now My questions are:

If for any reason I have to go back to the "old" PCM. Do I have to do a Quick learn on it also?

Does it keeps the original data on the OEM TCM?

I was reading on the manual that you do a "Quick Learn" when you install a new computer or do any repair on the Trany..
Old 30 Aug 2003, 10:14 pm
Young Cruiser

Only the automatic do you have to do the quick learn and you can swap back and forth from stage 1 pcm to stock pcm without having to do the quick learn again unless its been about 25000 klm it may require the quick learn but i have yet to have problems ive switched it back and forth about 4 times now with no problem.
Old 31 Aug 2003, 08:35 am
Cool Cruiser

LAF,

Where did you order your Stage 1 kit?

Scott
Old 31 Aug 2003, 09:34 am
Cool Cruiser

Scott

here is the link.

https://www.1stchryslerparts.com/pro...b3de43fb9df072

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3” down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 03 Sep 2003, 05:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by LAF

Scott

here is the link.

https://www.1stchryslerparts.com/pro...b3de43fb9df072
Great site LAF. Never saw this site before. - Thanks

\'03 GT Inferno Red AutoStick - Stage 1 - Air Box Mods & K&N Filter - AMX Intake Down Pipe - Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust - Magnacor 8.5mm Ignition Wires - Pin Stripping - Chrome Side Spears - Chrome Tail Light Covers - Chrome Fuel Door - E&G Custom Grill - Painted Rear Mud Guards - 3-D Liquid Flames - Chrome/Red Neon Washer Nozzles - Interior Neon