Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stage 1 Install in California

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Aug 2003, 05:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Stage 1 Install in California

Anyone in California (or other emission controlled states) have their Stage 1 ordered and installed by a Chrysler dealership?
Old 25 Aug 2003, 06:03 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Steve03GT

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mike

Anyone in California (or other emission controlled states) have their Stage 1 ordered and installed by a Chrysler dealership?
I've got mine on order and the dealership is going to install mine; hopefully, next week -- TX, like most states complies w/ EPA laws. Luckily we don't have to contend w/ CARB.
One of my friends asked me about the dreaded "W" word; I'll fight that battle if and when the time comes. In the meantime, I plan on having fun since being converted over to the "Life's too short" crowd.

In all honesty, after talking to a friend of many years and a D-C service writer, who shall remain nameless, he assured me not to worry; he's never led me astray before. So you ask, what if he dies tomorrow, what will I do? Easy, fight that battle if and when the time comes.

\'02 Corvette (510 RWHP/510 TQ)
Member of 11sec. club &
NRA Benefactor Member
Old 25 Aug 2003, 06:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Steve: My question is not related to the Warranty issue on MoPar parts. The question I see for me, being in California, is that by installing Stage 1 I break the law. So is a dealership going to help me break the law? If I have someone outside a dealership do it do I tell them that they are helping me break the law?
Old 26 Aug 2003, 02:39 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Steve03GT

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mike

Steve: My question is not related to the Warranty issue on MoPar parts. The question I see for me, being in California, is that by installing Stage 1 I break the law. So is a dealership going to help me break the law? If I have someone outside a dealership do it do I tell them that they are helping me break the law?
any dealer or anyone else for that matter, regardless of state, is technically breaking the law by installing a non-epa/carb(for CA)approved part if the car is driven in and out of the dealership. Some may do it with the car trailered in and out of their business -- Lingenfelter req'd. this years ago; however, tuners don't seem to sweat the mods as much as they used to, especially if they know the car will pass emissions -- carb/epa approval or not.
As for your last question, let your conscience be your guide.
I have no doubt these cars w/Stg I mods will pass all emission testing; D-C just hasn't paid to have the approvals done. My conscience is clear because I honestly feel I'm not polluting, as defined by my state; therefore, only the gov't. is getting hurt in their pocketbook for not getting paid for their stamp of approval.

\'02 Corvette (510 RWHP/510 TQ)
Member of 11sec. club &
NRA Benefactor Member
Old 27 Aug 2003, 12:52 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

There are people inside DC and our government with a$$***** so tight, the squeak when they walk hurts your ears. No one will sneak under the wire, self install or no. It is a matter of how expensive it is to pursue the claims...good dealer relations is the key.

If someone in the DEQ gets a "program" going to stamp out those dirty "illegals" that tune, believe me, they will find every one of the Stage I & II kits!