Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
GT Stage I Installation in Houston?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Aug 2003, 02:12 am
Young Cruiser

Default GT Stage I Installation in Houston?

Has anyone in the Houston area had a Stage I installed? Please let me know who did the install and the cost.
Old 26 Aug 2003, 09:26 am
Regular Cruiser

I do.. but the car is in California! Please stop by the Houston City Cruisers web site too for a great group of folks who love PT's

www.houstoncitycruisers.com

Moondoggie[8D]
Founding Director
Houston City Cruisers
Old 04 Sep 2003, 08:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Moon,
you installed the stage 1 on a car in CA. are there any obvious things that you can see when you pop the hood that would tell someone that you have the stage one on the car?
Old 04 Sep 2003, 08:51 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ZDaytona

Moon,
you installed the stage 1 on a car in CA. are there any obvious things that you can see when you pop the hood that would tell someone that you have the stage one on the car?
There are a couple of ways to tell by eye-sight if a car has the stage 1 MOD:

1. The fuel injectors
2. The PCM

Rumor has it that a couple of people in Ca have installed the Stage 1 MOD.

macster

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 04 Sep 2003, 09:53 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by macster

Rumor has it that a couple of people in Ca have installed the Stage 1 MOD.

[:I]

[:X] [?]

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 04 Sep 2003, 11:51 pm
Regular Cruiser

No not really.. I am going out to California tommorrow, will have more to report.

Maybe even a picture or two..

Oh... How come we have not seen you at any of the Houston City Cruiser Events. This Sunday is our monthly breakfast.. check the web site.. www.houstoncitycruisers.com

Moondoggie! [8D]
Founding Director
Houston City Cruisers
Old 04 Sep 2003, 11:52 pm
Senior Cruiser

Cut it out guys you are making it harder and harder not to go with stage 1!!!! I can tell wife it is for better shifting and more mpg!
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 04 Sep 2003, 11:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

w/o stg 1

w/stg 1 [?][8)][^][:X]

well you have the typhoon prototype, I wanna see if theres a difference with that + stg 1 or if an intake hurts the performance like the guys at the srt forums have said.

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 05 Sep 2003, 12:15 am
Senior Cruiser

I did the S1 intall on a GT here in CA. You would really have to look hard to tell that it is there. The PCM looks the same and you really can't see the injectors. You can of coures see the BOV that we put on it too. PSSHHHHH!
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 05 Sep 2003, 12:11 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

If our gossup turns out to be true, namely C.A.R.B, exemption, there would only be the warranty issue in the way, and it does not appear that Stage one is that much of a stressor to the PT drivetrain..... Come on , let's get this thing done MPP!

How much of a splash would a hot rod PT make in the tuner mags( "Factory Option Stage I Rocket!" ), my guess is significantly more than a two tone paint job!