Advertisements
S1 arrived - installation 02SEP03;

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Aug 2003, 12:49 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Steve03GT
Default S1 arrived - installation 02SEP03;

Can't wait for the install.

As a sidenote, I went to Discount Tire to have a slow leak fixed and found out the sidewall puncture was irreparable. After finding out a direct replacement tire was ~$200 out the door, so I bought(4)of their house-brand 17" chromies w/ 7.5" rims and 235 Yokohoma's -- ZR rated to a sustained speed of 175(?) mph.12 months/no interest!
I guess they look ok, lots of people seem to be checking them out; moreso than when I first installed the flames.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 12:56 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I am so jealous....these are the tires that are a "must" !
Old 27 Aug 2003, 04:42 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kirby

I am so jealous....these are the tires that are a "must" !
Especially at a sustained 175 mph.

thanks for the kind words Kirby. My interest free payments will be $106.00 for 12 months; hopefully, the chrome will stay on that long.

\'02 Corvette (510 RWHP/510 TQ)
Member of 11sec. club &
NRA Benefactor Member
Old 27 Aug 2003, 09:09 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Steve03GT

As a sidenote, I went to Discount Tire to have a slow leak fixed and found out the sidewall puncture was irreparable. After finding out a direct replacement tire was ~$200 out the door, so I bought(4)of their house-brand 17" chromies w/ 7.5" rims and 235 Yokohoma's -- ZR rated to a sustained speed of 175(?) mph.12 months/no interest!
I guess they look ok, lots of people seem to be checking them out; moreso than when I first installed the flames.

Steve

Which rims did you buy? Can you post a pix or a link?

macster

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 27 Aug 2003, 09:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Couldn't afford ~$200 tire but could afford $1,272 wheels & tires? [:I]

So how are you gonna get it to 175mph?
Old 28 Aug 2003, 12:40 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Got a call from the dealership this afternoon about 4:30. My Stage I came in.

Started a slow paced install at 5:30 by first threading the PCM bolts on the new PCM to cut the threads while it was off the car.

During the install, I stopped to go in and eat dinner, then the wife and I spent over an hour finding 2 bolts and a 10mm wrenceh that I managed to drop in the engine compartment.

After recovering the hardware, I finished the install. Total time was 4 hrs.

The Dealership wanted 3 1/4 hours labor to install, and they round partial hours up to the next hour. It would be a 4 hour labor tab there for the install. I guess they drop a lot of things in the engine compartment too....

Haven't played with it much, but can definately feel strong pull in all gears up to the 5500 mark where it starts losing torque. Even there it still feels strong.

It can break the tires in first, on demand, with traction on without slipping the clutch.

I will get a chance to get a better feel tomorrow when it is light and I have better visability.

Every time I started playing tonight, I noticed Deer out by the roadside, and decided not to get them too spooked.

All in all, the Stage I looks to be well worth the cost and the time spent to install it.
Old 28 Aug 2003, 12:00 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by macster

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Steve03GT

Steve
Which rims did you buy? Can you post a pix or a link?
macster
Try this one:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289278627

Paying $200 for a stock size "weenie" tire was my way to "rationalize" buying the new set of tires and wheels.

I noted while taking the pics this a.m. they sold me 225's instead of 235's; I'll be going back today -- bummer.

\'02 Corvette (510 RWHP/510 TQ)
Member of 11sec. club &
NRA Benefactor Member
Old 29 Aug 2003, 01:55 am
Fresh Cruiser

Stage I shipped today! (8/28) Got it from Wyckoff, and UPS says it will be here 9/3. Going to do the install on the 4th or 5th.

Anyone got any updated info of the fault codes a few have had problems with following the install? How about you, Dalite...did you see any codes? I'm guessing (hoping) that this is just a random occurence of an imperfect PCM that is happening to a small minority of Stage I customers. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Has anyone who has had a fault code problem been able to get it resolved?

Thanks

JD
Old 29 Aug 2003, 11:52 am
Fanatic Cruiser

All I have heard of it the SKIM fault code (P0633) that doesn't show up as a MIL. I haven't had any codes come up on mine yet.

If yours is an auto trans, I would be sure to take the time to do the Quick Learn procedure, by the book, before doing any WOT or more than 50% pedal driving.
Old 29 Aug 2003, 08:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

my stage 1 is to arive on 9/3 also but BOV is back ordered parts man said over 200 are on BO is it ok to instal the pcm and inj without the BOV? Thanks Don