MEAS=amount measured on my PT
Old 29 Aug 2003, 07:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

How many miles are on your car?
Old 29 Aug 2003, 08:08 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

RK

Congradulations, mine was on it's way before the paying customers got in the way. Now if we can get it to pass Stage II.

macster

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 29 Aug 2003, 08:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

bespoke, less than 3,000

macster, stage II might be a different story. how are you liking stg 1 so far?
I'm having a tough time keeping my foot off the gas , plus it was hard for me to drive my GT and then the wife's 02 n/a PT before it's even worse with the stg 1 installed.

edit: also love hearing the BOV phssssssh, phssssssh. wish I had a 5 speed.

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 29 Aug 2003, 10:02 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

The question has to be asked , why no C.A.R.B. number?
Old 29 Aug 2003, 10:03 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rice_killing_GT

bespoke, less than 3,000

macster, stage II might be a different story. how are you liking stg 1 so far?
I'm having a tough time keeping my foot off the gas , plus it was hard for me to drive my GT and then the wife's 02 n/a PT before it's even worse with the stg 1 installed.

edit: also love hearing the BOV phssssssh, phssssssh. wish I had a 5 speed.

RK

I'm loving it. I just got back from Lemoore. The run was a good one, I left San Diego and just rolled up the highway. I got smoked by a Pontiac Firehawk (Starbird??) up in the grapevine, but he had to step into it to get away. When he first punched it, he was surprised that I was still there hanging with him. Man, all I need are another 20 horses and I can die happy. The Stage 1 is great. The Stage 1 with Konis, F/R sway bars is fantastic. It takes the machine to a whole nother level. After Stage II I'm done, I just gonna enjoy this. Also, I hit the grapevine with the A/C on, 800 watt 12 disc CD/ Kicka** stealth subwoofer blasting and the puppy didn't even blink. I had goobs of pedal and power left. No down shifting at all, just push the pedal down and go. It looks like my mileage was 23 MPG which sucks, but... it also includes a few 100 mph bursts. I mean the car gets up to a 100mph before you know it. I never drive that damn fast. But this baby rocks. Coming back, I hit the grapevine taking those curves like I knew how to drive or something. I still had plently of power and I just love that pssshhhh sound, sweeettttt.

ltr

macster

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 29 Aug 2003, 10:04 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Robert,

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!
Old 30 Aug 2003, 11:00 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Steve03GT

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kirby

I intially posted my thoughts on that, and still think I'm right --$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

\'02 Corvette (510 RWHP/510 TQ)
Member of 11sec. club &
NRA Benefactor Member
Old 30 Aug 2003, 02:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ptgtcb

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kirby

Hello Kirby,
I received a PM from BJ@DCX and I will quote; "Thank you for your comments and concern over California CARB certification."

"We fully agree with you and have been pursuing CARB certification on key Mopar Performance Parts. I can't tell you when we will have completed certification, but we hope it is soon."

"Moreover, the current warranty on Mopar Performance Parts is under revision. We expect the changes to be a step forward for Mopar as well as provide an added level of confidence for consumers."

I know that BJ was not specific, but I find this very,very, encouraging! I'll say the glass is half full and be optimistic.

Keep up the good work PVO, ptgtcb [8)]

This is really interesting news. I just received the Mopar magazine that describes all the go fast gear for the Neon but does not say anything about warranty, CARB, or legality issues. I think I'm going to send in a email to the mag asking why they don't comment on these well known issues - just to stir the pot a bit more for us GT'ers who want to be "staged".[]
Old 30 Aug 2003, 03:59 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ptgtcb

I received a PM from BJ@DCX and I will quote; "Thank you for your comments and concern over California CARB certification."

"We fully agree with you and have been pursuing CARB certification on key Mopar Performance Parts. I can't tell you when we will have completed certification, but we hope it is soon."

"Moreover, the current warranty on Mopar Performance Parts is under revision. We expect the changes to be a step forward for Mopar as well as provide an added level of confidence for consumers."

I know that BJ was not specific, but I find this very,very, encouraging! I'll say the glass is half full and be optimistic.

Keep up the good work PVO, ptgtcb [8)]
This is encouraging on a number of fronts.

First, it does show that C.A.R.B. is being pursued. (The 2004 PCM and larger injectors come stock on the 2004 models, so it has to come down to the results of the agressive programming; the hardware is apparently not the issue).

Second, it shows that PVO/Mopar Performance is listening to the customers, as well as voting their conscience with the revising of the Warranty. We were promised this in June, and some of us (me) got impatient. It is great news for the Cruiser owners looking at Stage I and beyond, as well as adding other Mopar Performance Parts.

Now, if we could only get an aftermarket Data Logging product that will fully access the PCM, we could begin to learn what is actually going on and stop some of the guessing.

It may be possible that DaimlerChrysler will move more toward the direction of ISO than SAE; and we just won't see the standardization of OBD compliance that SAE demands. I hope this is not the case. If it is, it may be a vision of what is to come in the American Car market. ISO has been exerting a lot of pressure in other industries, and SAE may be out the door.

I hope that AutoTap comes out with their product for the 03 models by the end of the year, and that the 2004 product follows soon.

With the PT Platform dead-ending at the end of the 2005 model year, the aftermarket may decide to wait for stabilization.

Anyway, Kudos to Mopar Performance and PVO!!