Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stage 1 & BTG Exhaust ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Aug 2003, 07:44 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Stage 1 & BTG Exhaust ...

I'm interested in hearing the difference between Stage 1 with BTG/aftermarket exhaust, and that of Stage 1 with the stock exhaust. Has anyone noticed a big difference? I suppose, what I'm getting at is, Stage 1 adds 20 HP, but with an aftermarket exhuast will there be a 30 HP difference from stock GT Turbo?
Old 31 Aug 2003, 07:49 am
Cool Cruiser

I don't think anyone has dynoed a S1 bone stock and then dynoed again with the addition of various aftermarket add-ons. We do know that PVO has calibrated the S1 to be optimized (work best)with stock components other than the BOV upgrade. I just read a thread (can't remember where) where someone had done some testing and found the most HP/torque figures with S1 and the factory intake in place rather than an aftermarket cold-air intake...
Deen
P.S. I have a couple of options on mine (see my signature line) but haven't got back to the track to see what my times are with S1 and the Mopar BOV, once I do we should be able to compare my times with others that are running just the S1 and BOV.
GT, 5-Spd, K&N filter, Stage I, AGP 3147 Big Turbo, DTEC Fuel Kit, Tial WGA, Greddy Profec EBC, DCR 55mm TB, 05 Plastic Manifold, 180 Deg. Stat, CCA FMIC, AMX hard-pipes, Water-Injection, STS shifter, Needswings 3\" DP w/dump and Borla Cat-back, BG Drop Springs, Eibach Sway Bars, Panther alloys & Eagle F1 Max-Performance Tires. Best run to date...12.93 @113.45MPH.
77 Blown Vette-runs 10\'s @ 136 MPH.
Old 31 Aug 2003, 01:59 pm
Cool Cruiser

The only difference I felt was the sound, I knew the exhaust wouldn't do much performance wise, but the sound is great.
Patriot Blue 5-Spd, Stage I, Mopar BOV, BTG Intake, Custom 3\" Turbo-Back, Spring Mod, BTG Shock Tower Brace, Vogtland Springs, Koni Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, Azev Type M 18x8.5 wheels, Ventus K104 tires, Projector Bi-Xenon Lights, Rear spoiler, Autometer Gauges, Illuminated sill plates, K&N Oil Filter, Mopar subwoofer. Mexico City. See pics: http://www.sportcarsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=715
Old 31 Aug 2003, 08:24 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Exhaust will give you a very real performance gain! The problem is that to see it you have get a FULL performance system. A muffler or axle back wont do much for you...look into a cat back system at the least. We really need a 3" downpipe, 3" cat, 3" piping and NO mufflers. That will give you close to 15hp or more most likely on a turbo charged car.
Old 31 Aug 2003, 11:50 pm
Cool Cruiser

I have the Cat-Back and I couldn't feel the difference, again, the sound alone makes it worth it.
Patriot Blue 5-Spd, Stage I, Mopar BOV, BTG Intake, Custom 3\" Turbo-Back, Spring Mod, BTG Shock Tower Brace, Vogtland Springs, Koni Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, Azev Type M 18x8.5 wheels, Ventus K104 tires, Projector Bi-Xenon Lights, Rear spoiler, Autometer Gauges, Illuminated sill plates, K&N Oil Filter, Mopar subwoofer. Mexico City. See pics: http://www.sportcarsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=715
Old 01 Sep 2003, 12:07 am
Young Cruiser

I believe I'm going to go with the BTG Dual Cat-Back system. It's not 3", but I have no plans of taking the car beyond Stage 1. BTW - I just noticed Cop Tzer you have custome dual side-pipes, cool ****!

MexicanPT - somewhere else in the forum you had mentioned you didn't want the loud hissing noice of the BOV, but the sound of the exhaust isn't too much for you? Lower tone? I had reservations about getting the AiRaid Intake, as I've never really liked the sound of an intake on buddies' cars. However, I will say, it's not a loud annoying sound. It's more of a deeper throaty sound. Am I safe to assume the BTG Dual Cat-Back would be the same.
Old 01 Sep 2003, 12:09 am
Young Cruiser

Uhmm noice = noise
Old 01 Sep 2003, 02:20 am
Cool Cruiser

The exhaust makes a low sporty sound, not loud at all, just present all the time.
Old 01 Sep 2003, 06:58 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

turbo cars running exhaust with a muffler will never be loud. Due to sound impedence of the turbine as far as i know. If you run a turbo car with no muffler at all, it is just as loud as a N/A car with a high flow performance muffler.
Old 01 Sep 2003, 10:03 pm
Senior Cruiser

Turbo and Cat = mellow!! Turbo and Cat and Muffler/resonator = non sporting quiet!
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.