Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stage 1 Installed in Big Sky Country

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Sep 2003, 06:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Stage 1 Installed in Big Sky Country

Thanks to a bicycling accident, my installation was delayed until this weekend. But finally got to it. While I was under the hood, I also installed the DC BOV, and the BTG strut tower brace. I am not a mechanic, but I can read directions. Took my time and had relatively few problems. However, the BOV is a real pisser--the Sears ratchet wrench that others seemed to have used successfully did not help--there was insufficient clearance with the adjacent oil line. Eventually jacked the car up and crawled under, went at it from underneath with a 10mm box wrench, 1/8 turn at a time.

Performance difference? Indeed there is. It will now burn rubber
with impunity, and even better, first gear feels like it's part of the same gear box. The brace seems to make everything more stable as well--may be my imagination, but the steering seems less torquey under hard acceleration. All in all, I would recommend the S1 to everyone.
Old 08 Sep 2003, 07:24 pm
Cool Cruiser

I am getting ready to do my stage 1, any thing to watch out for? Allready put the BOV in and it is a PITA.

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3 down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 09 Sep 2003, 12:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

The most confusing aspect I found was the information NOT in the directions, like how to disconnect the various connections. Again, if you take your time, don't force anything, you can figure them out.

There are a couple of inaccuracies in the directions--there are 4 bolts in the PCM bracket, not 3; there is only 1 hose attached to the thermostat housing, not 2. Again, take your time, look, re-look, and it will go fine. Depressurize the fuel system, have a couple of rags
available to catch the remaining fuel when you disconnect the fuel line from the fuel rail. However, if you've done the BOV, you've done the hard part already.[8D]

You're gonna love it.[?]
Light almond GT w/5 spd, aluminum gas cover, 400-watt amp w/Kenwood 3-ways in rear, EJECT power button, custom dual exhaust, hidden trailer hitch, mini-flames by Streamline, mini-flames around windshield washer, \"amx\" turbo-up custom intake, Stage 1, BTG strut tower brace, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Custom 17x7 wheels.
Old 09 Sep 2003, 09:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Do the pcm first I did not take the intake clear out of the car took the back two bolts out and then the front a used a bungie cord to hold it up out of the way while I did the injectors.Also only let enough antifreeze out to get the level below the thermostat use a small hose on the drain valve to keep from having a mess it wants to drip the full lenth of the tray under the radiator if you don't. you only need to drain about 1 Qt. If you have a auto trans the warm up time and learn time will take you longer than the pcm and injector change Good luck PS you will love it. Just got my BOV today and took the car out with the g tech pro got a best run of 14.92 at 98 MPH with the tires spinning through 1st gear. with good tires and power braking I think the car would run low 14's
Don