Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Man that was fast !!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Sep 2003, 04:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Man that was fast !!!!!!

Ordered the S1 on Aug. 23, parts man just called me. And today is Sept. 10th. and I have it in my hands. Just going over the install sheets. I really want to do this myself.[:I]
But I know something can bite you on the butt. Come guys talk me into it. I have lowered cars and trucks and lifted trucks, I have even built a late model small block Chevy roller engine. Come on tell me I have nothing to fear but the fear of a speeding ticket. (After the install)[8)]
Old 10 Sep 2003, 05:12 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I am sure you won't have any problems installing it with that practice.

The only thing is the four screws holding the PCM to the frame, the instructions say 3 (Typo).
Also, make sure you remove the original gasket completly. Mine was stuck against both halves and took me for ever to remove all those parts without falling inside the lower manifold half. I placed clean rags inside each hole and scraped the crapy gasket from the holes out. Little by little and slowly....

Other than that is very simple.
read the instructions a few times before the actual operation to make sure you understand the steps.

Ian
Old 10 Sep 2003, 05:37 pm
Regular Cruiser

Ian,

That is really strange about the intake gasket. When I took my intake off, the gasket came completely clean off both halves. Not a speck was left and absolutely no scraping was necessary. Wiped it with a clean cloth and back together. I wonder how many had your situation and how many were lucky like me?

Stage I, custom 3\" exhaust & Cowl Intake, Mopar BOV, Dual gauge pod w/vac-boost & A/F meters, Hood Struts, Yokohama ES-100\'s
Best 1/4 so far: 14.489 @ 93.65, best 1/8: 9.222 @ 74.261
Old 10 Sep 2003, 11:55 pm
Cool Cruiser

MINE CAME OFF REAL EASY TOO.
Patriot Blue 5-Spd, Stage I, Mopar BOV, BTG Intake, Custom 3\" Turbo-Back, Spring Mod, BTG Shock Tower Brace, Vogtland Springs, Koni Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, Azev Type M 18x8.5 wheels, Ventus K104 tires, Projector Bi-Xenon Lights, Rear spoiler, Autometer Gauges, Illuminated sill plates, K&N Oil Filter, Mopar subwoofer. Mexico City. See pics: http://www.sportcarsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=715
Old 11 Sep 2003, 12:29 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Not mine...

All I was able to pull out was the frame... the rest was stuck to both halves... That was the reason it took me three hours to install stage 1..

Ian
Old 11 Sep 2003, 01:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I don't think you'll have a problem (posted my experiences under "S1 Install in Big Sky")--go for it.

I did not have a gasket problem--original gasket looked like new. Course, my PT only had 1300 miles on it, so that might be one of the factors.

Do it yourself--then you know it's done right.
Light almond GT w/5 spd, aluminum gas cover, 400-watt amp w/Kenwood 3-ways in rear, EJECT power button, custom dual exhaust, hidden trailer hitch, mini-flames by Streamline, mini-flames around windshield washer, \"amx\" turbo-up custom intake, Stage 1, BTG strut tower brace, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Custom 17x7 wheels.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 03:14 pm
Cool Cruiser

Saterday morning bright and early, hell or high water. This sucker is going on. Damn BOV still on back order.
Glad I got prepaid legal.
03 Steel Blue Pearl Turbo, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Magnaflow performance muffler, My Air Box mod., AMXpipe W/K&N filter, LED lighting,PT Tunning rear lowering springs & BGT Strut tower brace, Hankooks Ventus tires, Rage Motif 17 in. wheels. Tribal pinstrips by Palmer (who else), Color match paint by Etouchup.com, Plugs and wires by Sparkplugs.com, http://members.cardomain.com/rodrungtpt
Old 11 Sep 2003, 03:57 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

From our very positive install in Southern California-
Installation tips:

1) Put ALL screws, nuts, etc in Baggies with a slip of paper(label where they go).

2) Read the instructions, read the instructions, read the instructions, then make your own work schedule and put it on the underside of the hood and follow each step as you work!

3) Relieve fuel pressure by removing the cap at the end of the fuel rail and (with a cloth over the end)press the valve stem release.

4) Cover with duct tape or a stuff cloth ANY opening that could swallow a screw, nut, or washer!!!!
(We used two side by side strips to cover the intake plenum immediately!)

5) Put a touch of anti sieze on ALL screws and bolts.

6) Use NO dressings on any gasket!!! The original gaskets are coated with a sealing lubricant that allows them to adapt to the high expansion rates of aluminum alloys!

7) The screws on the pcm are self threading. (aka. hard as he** to turn), use an air wrench or a ratchet to cut the threads!

8) Use your work schedule in reverse to re-assemble your engine.

9) Always idle your engine and look for leaks etc. everywhere before hitting the road!

10) Smile and enjoy your hard work!!