Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Dealer Refuses to Install Stage I

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Sep 2003, 05:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Dealer Refuses to Install Stage I

Just thought I would share this information. My dealer will not install the stageI because it is for off-road use and may not pass emissions and they see it as a liability and it will void drive train warranty. Now we knew about all this warranty stuff...but I was surprised at their position on the liability. They dont want to be sued for making an owners car none street legal. They are really playing hard ball. Not to worry. I already have a dealer to do the install and is mod friendly. Talk about going by the letter of the law!
Matthew
Old 12 Sep 2003, 05:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

wow that sux , but at least you have someone to install it for you [8)]
Old 12 Sep 2003, 05:38 pm
Senior Cruiser

....and as soon as that service Writer sat down......he immediately broke his thumb.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 12 Sep 2003, 06:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TripleJackInGA

....and as soon as that service Writer sat down......he immediately broke his thumb.
Your much kinder than I am! I figured he broke his neck
Matthew
Old 12 Sep 2003, 07:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Ran into the same problem right after the announcement--will not bother returning to the dealer (or DC) again. It's an untenable position, IMHO--if the "off-road" issue is a concern, then one would merely need a notarized statement from you stating that the vehicle is intended for off-road use only. What I find most disappointing, however, is MOPAR bringing out the Stage I w/no CARB certification or warranty, Chrysler customer service reps disavowing any knowledge of MOPAR's activities/products, and the dealerships refusing to service a product they're selling. All of it bespeaks a dysfunctional system.

There is a bright side--my dealership's position forced me to do the install myself, so I saved the money (and didn't further subsidize a system which I am beginning to abhor) AND got to know my vehicle a bit better.[^]

Install it yourself.[8D]
Light almond GT w/5 spd, aluminum gas cover, 400-watt amp w/Kenwood 3-ways in rear, EJECT power button, custom dual exhaust, hidden trailer hitch, mini-flames by Streamline, mini-flames around windshield washer, \"amx\" turbo-up custom intake, Stage 1, BTG strut tower brace, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Custom 17x7 wheels.
Old 12 Sep 2003, 08:04 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

What I find most disappointing, however, is MOPAR bringing out the Stage I w/no CARB certification or warranty, Chrysler customer service reps disavowing any knowledge of MOPAR's activities/products, and the dealerships refusing to service a product they're selling. All of it bespeaks a dysfunctional system.[:I]

Now I don't want to go off on a rant.....but, I think you are right![?]

Old 13 Sep 2003, 02:48 am
Young Cruiser

My service manager told me 1 1/2 hours to install mine when I get it in the spring. (winters suck here in Calgary, and I want the new MCU to fix my stutter) He is quite excited about it, said he'll get it for me wholesale.
Funny thing is though I never bought the car from them. I changed dealers when I was told I was hitting the RPM limiter when I took it in for the stutter issue. Funny... my ten years at Laidlaw Waste as a driver trainer, I think I'd know what a RPM limiter is.

Don
Old 13 Sep 2003, 04:41 am
Cool Cruiser

I don't think Uniqtwin ever resolved this issue satisfactorily...I have searched past discussions and it seems she simply disappeared from here.
I have big doubts about getting the Stage 1...our laws in Canada are not as strict I believe as they are in the USA with regards to consumer rights. I am pretty sure that unless you are sleeping with the dealership owner, they will try make out that any problem with your car is due to the stage 1.
It's hard enough to convince the wife of going this route, but if it's not warrantied, I think there is no chance. I think they are missing the boat here...

Anything new on this front UniqTwin?

Cheers,
LIP