Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Buy new GT W/stage 1 & warranty???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Sep 2003, 04:48 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Buy new GT W/stage 1 & warranty???

[:I]I want to buy a new car in full w/ cash. The dealer has a '03 GT and is giving $2,500.00 off, My Question is, will the dealer install the stage 1 turbo kit and blow off valve on a brand new car and still give me the Full Factory warranty???? I've offered them 24k in cash and the only way I'll buy it, is if they install everything before I take delivery, and put it in writeing (on sales document) that the stage 1 and bloww off valve, and Do Not mess up my warranty????? Anyone go this route???And, any sucses??? Any advice??? Stew
Old 15 Sep 2003, 01:04 am
Cool Cruiser

I copied this from MOPAR Performance and I hope this helps you. It states there is no warranty so I would make sure you get a something in writing from Chrysler and not from the dealer.

Mopar Performance Parts are sold "as is," without any warranty whatsoever. Implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are excluded. The entire risk as to quality and performance of such parts is with the buyer. Should such parts prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.

Chrysler, Dodge, and JeepĀ® vehicle and parts warranties are voided if the vehicle or parts are used for competition or if they fail as a result of modification.

Notice

Federal and many state laws prohibit the removal, modification or rendering inoperative of any part or element of design affecting emissions of safety on motor vehicles used for transporting persons or property on a street or highway. Violation may result in a fine of up to $27,500 per vehicle. Mechanical and/or electronic performance parts cannot be use used on vehicles used on the streets or highways. These parts may be used only on vehicles used solely in sanctioned off-highway events. No other applications are intended or implied.

Here is the link. I hoope this helps

http://www.mopar.com/perf_pt_turbo.html

Old 16 Sep 2003, 11:51 pm
Regular Cruiser

I hear alot about stage 1 and stage 2 turbo kits? and I was just wondering what exactly are they? are they only for the GT's? Just wondering?
Thanx
daniel dcruizer