PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
For those looking for Stage 1...another option.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Aug 2009, 09:47 am
Regular Cruiser

Default For those looking for Stage 1...another option.

If you are looking for Stage 1 for your car, there is another option for you for a limited time. One of the guys on PTCrew.com (SebringLX) has developed a 93 octane tune for use with the SCT XCal2 device. His tune uses the Stage 1 code as a baseline so you autostick guys get the benefit of the improved shift programming which is only available in Stage 1 and in SebringLX's tune. Josh then modifies the boost schedule as well as alters the fuel and spark tables to allow you to have improved power over and above that of Stage 1.

The price is $175 for the XCal2 and the tune. Killer deal no matter how you look at it.

You don't need a Stage 1 PCM to use this, though it does work with that PCM.

For the '03 GT guys, he recommends the larger injectors that '04 and up cars already have but he can do a tune with rescaled injector parameters for the stock '03 injectors.

Head over to the "Spill Your Guts" section of the PTCrew.com forum and look for the "Limited Time SCT tuning offer" thread. 8 pages of info and growing.

Mine will be delivered today. I don't make anything off of telling you guys about this. It's just a great deal, especially for us autostick guys who don't want to up our power with stiffer wastegate actuators that create part throttle overboost etc...

Brian
Old 09 Aug 2009, 07:20 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to CYCLONE_06 Send a message via Yahoo to CYCLONE_06
Default Re: For those looking for Stage 1...another option.

How does the tool already have the tranny mode in it ? I thought that was a learn mode you had to perform on your own ?

~CYCLONE_06

"It's been said winning isn't everything... Just not by me."
--Mark Martin
Old 26 Oct 2009, 11:05 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: For those looking for Stage 1...another option.

Update, the 2003 cars and some early 2004 cars have the NGC1 PCM as opposed to the NGC3 controller in the 03 Stage 1 and later 04 and up cars. This PCM apparently doesn't take too well to tuning. SCT is working on this supposedly, but for now, the 03 folks might want to move to a Stage 1 PCM as a better platform for the SCT tunes. I am currently looking to get back into Stage 1 on my 03 GT.