Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
got turbo upgrade stage 1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Sep 2003, 06:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default got turbo upgrade stage 1

I got my turbo stage 1 yesterday and checked and I ordered it 10 days ago from a dealer in Beaverton. I put it on this morning and took 2/12 hrs and I was driving it. It really does run alot nicer. It pulls a lot harder in each gear and my boost has doubled to as high as 14 and holds at 12 psi. I turned out to be an easier job than I thought. Since a person that has done once Ill bet,could cut that time in half. One thing I did like was the new injectors . They were sort of mushroomed over on the black seal on the fuel rail end. It was like they were pressed together off center. On 2 it left some fibers sticking up. I cleaned them off as best I could and tried to straighten that black seal. I didnt want that stuff to get in and plug the injectors. It runs fine so hopefully I have it all cleaned off. I figured with the no warranty policy that I was stuck with them. I can notice the differance and it runs great. Now all I am waiting for is the BOV and the BTG exhaust which is in transit. FLASH
Old 19 Sep 2003, 06:17 pm
Young Cruiser

do you mean you got the stage 1 cause thats what it sounds like to me??[:I]
Old 20 Sep 2003, 06:03 pm
Cool Cruiser

I think that's what he meant.
Patriot Blue 5-Spd, Stage I, Mopar BOV, BTG Intake, Custom 3\" Turbo-Back, Spring Mod, BTG Shock Tower Brace, Vogtland Springs, Koni Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, Azev Type M 18x8.5 wheels, Ventus K104 tires, Projector Bi-Xenon Lights, Rear spoiler, Autometer Gauges, Illuminated sill plates, K&N Oil Filter, Mopar subwoofer. Mexico City. See pics: http://www.sportcarsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=715
Old 24 Sep 2003, 03:43 am
Veteran Cruiser

Right on flash! I was the first one to order one at Beaverton Chrysler and the first one they installed. Parts guy, John, was all excited about ordering one for me. He had me call every two days so he could track it. I got it in eight days. Service guy and the mechanic who installed it were all smiles and telling me to be careful and not get a ticket.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 24 Sep 2003, 10:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I had my stage 1 installed yesterday and I am very happy! I have a 5 speed dream series 2 Tangerine Turbo and before the upgrade when ever I hit it hard in first it would pull a bit to the left - after the upgrade not only is it faster but now traction seems to be evenly dispersed to both wheels and now it doesnt pull at all! Does any body know why that would be?

GuiTarZan

5 speed Tangerine Turbo GT
[8D]
Old 25 Sep 2003, 03:42 am
Young Cruiser

Torque steer.