Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Max boost for stock GT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Sep 2003, 12:28 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Max boost for stock GT

I don't have a boost guage installed yet, (Mopar boost guage $239) but was wondering whats the avarage level of boost on a stock GT? & does the auto have the same boost levels as the 5spd? Second, what type of boost should I expect with the stage 1 & Mopar BOV (on order)? I couldn't believe the price @ the dealer for a boost guage, but they did offer several colors though, but $239.00 or so list, Also who makes a A-pilar pod mount for the guages, 2-3 guages would be what i'm looking for. Thanks to all, Someone left a ??Apex. something to click on for a wab site for this type of product, I clicked on it and "This page CANNOT be displayed, Anyhelp outthere??
Old 22 Sep 2003, 03:39 pm
Senior Cruiser

autometer guages
autometer pillar pod.
search
Old 22 Sep 2003, 07:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

Boost will depend on local air density (altitude and temperature). Usually this time of year a PT will achieve 11-12 psi of boost bone stock.

The BOV won't add any additional boost, but Stage 1 I see 12-14 psi in my car. Finally, the manual and automatic transmission packages run the same boost schedule.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 09:19 pm
Cool Cruiser

ISN'T IT NICE TOO HAVE AN ENGINEER ON OUR FORUMS?

THIS ONE OS FOR 3BARBOOST, WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE IN THE BOOST SCHEDULE IN 1ST GEAR IN A MANUAL CAR BETWEEN STOCK AND STAGE I?
Patriot Blue 5-Spd, Stage I, Mopar BOV, BTG Intake, Custom 3\" Turbo-Back, Spring Mod, BTG Shock Tower Brace, Vogtland Springs, Koni Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, Azev Type M 18x8.5 wheels, Ventus K104 tires, Projector Bi-Xenon Lights, Rear spoiler, Autometer Gauges, Illuminated sill plates, K&N Oil Filter, Mopar subwoofer. Mexico City. See pics: http://www.sportcarsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=715
Old 22 Sep 2003, 10:54 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

nuff said. Thanks 3bar.
Wasn't sure what i should hit with my Stage 1.
Stock i ran 11 max, with stage 1 i hit 13 and change, but that was really trying

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 22 Sep 2003, 11:10 pm
Cool Cruiser

Hmm, can't remember whether we yanked the 1st gear boost reduction in the PT or not with Stage 1. The 1st gear in the Getrag is weak, but then you have a hard time making enough boost to hurt it because it pulls through so fast. I'll have to get back to you on that.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 11:20 pm
Cool Cruiser

3BarBoost:
On the topic of the Getrag:
Can you explain to us why in the 5 speed GT there is a "clunk" between gear changes. I brought this up a long time ago and it seems 90% have this noise also.

Anything you can tell us?

Thanks,
LIP
Old 23 Sep 2003, 01:20 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I noticed i pull better when i hold first now than stock. I don't boost much, but there is more power.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 23 Sep 2003, 08:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

A clunk? Afraid I don't know, must be lucky with mine. Stumped twice in a row.

Got a semi-confirmation that 1st gear is no longer "torque managed" with Stage 1.
Old 23 Sep 2003, 09:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I installed the stage 1 and before I was getting 6# boost and after he installation I get 13# boost now. From what I see on here that it should not change the boost pressure. What I have now is more of what I exspected the car to have. I have had the car seven months before I did any changes to it. It is not I amagination. It had the high rpm stutter which the dealership said it was the computor programing its self, which didnt believe and sort of made me a little mad. So finnally I was driving and said enough is enough and just drove into the dealer and said fix the thing. As we know after they replaced the coil and It still did not help and they had to put a new computor in it. When it didnt miss , it still nothing to brag about. Now with the changes Ive done I can live with it and runs more like I felt it should. I thought it was normal for the stage 1 upgrade to raise the boost if not why was it so low before. any ideas on this Flash
Black 03 GT , stage 1, blow off valve mod., AMX tube, K&N filter, cold air to fender, axle back stainless steel exhaust, sceamin demon coil,Mopar HP plug wires with NGK plugs. rear spoiler, chrome-grill-speers-gas cover, plus 04 interior upgrades.