Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Bet this will scare a few

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Sep 2003, 06:41 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Bet this will scare a few

After you know what was installed (forum topic) I started having a slight miss after about 750 miles. I checked plugs and found #4 cyl. was carbon checked/tracked on the insulator. Replaced plugs, miss gone for now. A few days later the miss returns. I replaced plug wires, miss is gone for now. A few days later, the miss returns. I rechecked #4 plug and it's black and smells like gas. Later that night driving home from work, car feels like it's running on 3 cyl. Next day, I limp into the nearest Chrysler dealer. They won't touch it because of you know what was installed. I have it towed 30 miles to the purchasing dealer who also installed you know what. After a week I call and he says it was missing because BOV was installed backwards. I told him, no way. So later I showed up with BOV instructions in hand and he tells me at idle it's showing boost which means I installed vacuum lines backwards. I said it was not showing boost at idle when I brought it in. The mechanic was called in to verify what he said. The mechanic verified he was wrong and it WAS NOT showing boost at idle. I gave the mechanic the BOV instructions and he said Yep, it's installed the correct way. I said ok, look, i'm not here to worry about warranty issues now. I need to know whats wrong with it, why it happened and how it happened. I need it fixed now matter who's paying for it. Turns out I have 3 bent valves. 1 intake, 2 exhaust. Will NOT be cover under warranty due to you know what was installed. I asked what could/would cause this? He's not sure yet. I told him i want all broken/bent parts returned. He said ok. Later in the week he calls me at home to tell me he can not return parts to me because they need to be returned to Chrysler. I'm thinking I'm screwed for sure now. Today I stopped back by and he tells me the head is in the shop getting the valve guides replaced. The dealer just sent the replacement valves to the machine shop yesterday so head should be back early next week. Now here's what made my day. He said a Chrysler rep was in and with him and a few others no one could figure out how or why it happened. They checked the timing belt and all was in spec. They didn't think it was caused by you know what being installed(forum topic). I'm holding my breath until I get it back in my hands. But, IT WILL BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY! Sorry this is so long. Hopefully next week the MASTER OF DISASTER will ride again! [^] Betcha hear me now!
Old 26 Sep 2003, 06:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

I was not going to comment...but...

I just hope we will not see many more complaints regarding dealers not wanting to warranty an item because of the forum topic.

Best regards,

LIP
Old 26 Sep 2003, 07:08 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

Hey Bro

Hang in there! It will work out on the + side.

[8)]

macster

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 26 Sep 2003, 07:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Good news. Sounds like they are being fair about,"the you know what"
Old 26 Sep 2003, 07:19 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Steve03GT

The most unsettling aspect of all is the Dealer's mishandling of the failure and spreading of misinformation. First, the BOV's installed backwards because gage indicates boost at idle, BUT WAIT, after further review that's not the case and they don't have a clue. The dealer should properly diagnose the failure prior to misinforming the owner -- makes dealer look stupid!
Second, dealer should refrain from disseminating misinformation -- makes dealer look stupid! Misinformation here is (1)broken parts can't be returned to owner, they must be sent to Chrysler -- this is true with items like trannys, etc., not bent valves; (2)7/70 warranty is voided, not so according to Mag.-Moss Act -- makes dealer look stupid.
The real problem here is the dealer (service writer?)is either stupid, uneducated by Chrysler, or just plain stupid.
I think you're dealing with stupid people who try to cover their inadequacies with misinformation. Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!!!!![:0]

\'02 Corvette (510 RWHP/510 TQ)
Member of 11sec. club &
NRA Benefactor Member
Old 26 Sep 2003, 07:32 pm
Cool Cruiser

The problem is that from my experience and everyone I have talked to in the industry, it is a rare event to find a dealer on your side. Any upgrades are just another excuse to get paid the higher premium of unwarranted work...

I hope this works out for this guy but I don't have much faith in the dealerships in general.

LIP
Old 26 Sep 2003, 07:59 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Steve03GT

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lip

The problem is that from my experience and everyone I have talked to in the industry, it is a rare event to find a dealer on your side. Any upgrades are just another excuse to get paid the higher premium of unwarranted work...

I hope this works out for this guy but I don't have much faith in the dealerships in general.
LIP
Obviously, I don't either.[^]

\'02 Corvette (510 RWHP/510 TQ)
Member of 11sec. club &
NRA Benefactor Member
Old 26 Sep 2003, 08:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Is your car an automatic or manual?
Old 26 Sep 2003, 08:09 pm
Senior Cruiser

I must admit, my faith in my dealer was low as soon as I got you know what installed. He never had heard of the upgrades yet. I took the car in to have you know what installed and told him the PCM & injectors were on the front seat in the box. He called me the next day to say it was ready for pick. Got there to pay and pick up and he tells me Sorry it's not ready you didn't tell us it had injectors with it. So I picked it up the following day. All was great until this last incident. He kept making stuff up without getting to the point of what was the problem. Even his own mechanic doing thw work sided with me. And yes, I did thank the mechanic on the side. Hell, if it all works out i'm buying the guy a case of his fav beer. [^]Today, his niceguy (service writer) twin musta been talking to me. Not sure if the DC rep had anything to do with that or not. Like I said, i'm still holding my breath until all that's said is done. Keeping fingers X'd
KB
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 26 Sep 2003, 09:03 pm
Senior Cruiser

damn, maybe its different in canada but we can't get near the mechanics, we have a drive through drop-off, and the take the car to the back of the dealership. we never see a mechanic, at my local dealership, the back half of the lots is fenced off.