Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Thanks! First Post, Stage 1 Rocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Oct 2003, 02:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Thanks! First Post, Stage 1 Rocks

Hello from the nose bleed section. I have read the turbo forums for quite some time and finally registered.
I ordered the Stage 1 last Monday from tthrift. He let me know on Wednesday that he had it and was sending second day, so should be here Friday (YES!).

Well, last Thursday I started my PT to go to lunch and the oil light came on and chimed.
I shut the engine off and restarted and the oil light did not come back on. I checked and
it showed code P0522 (Oil Pressure Sens Low -- Oil Pressure sensor input below acceptable voltage) Talk about a let down!

So I took it to the dealer and told them what happened and that it had overheated on me a couple of months back. They called me that afternoon and said it was ready and fixed. The oil pressure sensor was bad, so they replaced it. They told me that they just received a bulletin on the overheating issue and flashed my PCM. So that was fixed as well.
(All no charge to me of course and they gave me a quick ride to work)

I wanted to thank all of you for your posts and tips/tricks on installing the Stage 1.
I installed it with out any problems. Did not disconnect everything from the intake as some of you have already said, just removed the bolts and raised it up out of the way. The radiator drain worked for me, turned 90 deg. pulled it out a little and then turned a little more. Only needed to drain a little over a quart. Even during the quick learn on the transmission I could tell a difference. WOW, I now can confirm what you all have been saying what a difference the Stage 1 makes.

Much thanks to Tommy you came through once again.

Jason
[8)]
Old 08 Oct 2003, 05:04 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to tthrift

thank for the props!!!!!!!!!

have fun tommy[8)]
Old 08 Oct 2003, 05:27 pm
Cool Cruiser

JD,
What pcm did they flash? If it was your orig. that is cool. If it was Stage 1 I am all ears. Reason I ask is this problem of overheating has been reported on Stage 1 also.

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3” down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 08 Oct 2003, 05:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

LAF,

They flashed my "stock" PCM NOT the Stage 1.

I am waiting like you to see if they will have
the program written so they can and will flash the Stage 1.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will not overheat with
the S1, but sounds like it already has for some.
Old 08 Oct 2003, 05:52 pm
Cool Cruiser

Thanks JD,
Yeah kinda pisses me off a little on this Stage 1 thing. I guess if mine does overheat I will install the stock, have it flashed, and hope the 400.00 box on the shelf will work someday. In all the performance parts I have put on other cars, and my bike, igns, cams, pistons,coils, JET chips, never have I run into the uncertianty of this Stage 1 Beast. But MAN is it fun!!!!!!!!

Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3” down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Old 08 Oct 2003, 09:36 pm
Cool Cruiser

Be careful putting the stock PCM with the larger injectors in...3BARBOOST advised against this!
Cheers,
LIP
Old 08 Oct 2003, 10:32 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Ptturbine

The stock pcm and stage I injectors DO WORK!....they actually work well after a week or so. The pcm takes a week or so to learn the proper air fuel ratio.... BTW with stage I I get better mileage..:-) Mine hasn't overheated yet but Spidy's has...If it does, shut off the key and restart, it should fire the fans. Don't shelf it...Sometimes they forget to turn them on. minor setback....
Old 08 Oct 2003, 11:21 pm
Cool Cruiser

Yeah, they work - but you end up being pig rich when heavy in the throttle. Should be able to see smoke coming out the tailpipe with '03 ECU and '04 injectors. Ultimately slower, so I ask why would you do such a thing?
Old 08 Oct 2003, 11:36 pm
Cool Cruiser

I would do such a thing if my Stage 1 goes into overheat mode. It just might not be at good time to remove the injectors in a carport. Otherwise would change it all when I could.

I find it intersting that Ptturbine says what he does in his post. Seems that I remember someone saying using the stock on the strip gave them better times. I just might be getting old though.
Hope it never becomes an issue, just looking on ways to limp along without taking it apart. It is my only ride other than the bike.

Might be a moot point, got a number to call to see if my Stage 1 has the update for this, if not I may be able to send it back to be flashed to the update. This is really great news and I dont see a shelf now, but a couple of overnight mailers.

Old 08 Oct 2003, 11:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

I think the bigger issue is if DC is going to update the S1 PCM's to solve the fan problem and also future issues...how is this going to be implemented?
LIP