Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Got My Stage 1 Flashed Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Oct 2003, 04:13 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Got My Stage 1 Flashed Today

A lister was great and gave me a number to call about the Stage 1 PCM and the overheat problem. I gave a call and went and Got my Stage 1 PCM flashed with the newest update. I did say that when I got it it had a lebel on the inside box from a company about 15 miles down the road from me, and that is where i went. The whole .experiance was great. Got a tour of the plant, met some great guys who were very interested im my thoughts and my car. They even took a bunch of pics. The flash took about 4 mins. to load amd all seems well. Said that he did not touch the trany side of the PCM so I would not need to do the auto learn again. Does not feel any differant in the auto stick mode. I am a happy camper.

They stated there will be a recall on them! Heres the best news I asked if I could post the name and number for all to call with STAGE1 OVERHEAT ONLY PCM'S and he said it was fine and he will work it out with all of you having the problem. His name is Jim Perry and the number is 1-800-86-MOPAR. I would not have released this info if he said no, but these guys act like our Dealers SHOULD! Very nice and very much care about thier product.

Also asked about limping along on S1 injectors and stock PCM while the S1 is in transit, he said it would be fine.

I know I am just thrilled with the service I got and now know there is support out there for Stage 1 flash upgrades. I will sleep better!

Now if we can just get the dealers into this same mind set we would all be Happy.
Old 09 Oct 2003, 04:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

LAF,

That is great news! Glad you had such a good experience.

Couple of questions for you:
- Did they tell you if the upgrade only dealt with the
overheating problem?
(I am assuming that they assured you that it did not
change any of the other enhancements that the Stage 1 PCM offers)

- Did they know if all S1 PCM's have the overheating problem,
or if there is a Mfg. cut off date where the upgrade
was implemented?

Glad to hear confirmation that it is ok to "limp" with the stock
PCM and S1 injectors. As I am sure there are a lot of us that will
be sending in the S1 PCM to get the upgrade.

Thanks for the update!

Old 09 Oct 2003, 05:12 pm
Cool Cruiser

JD,

o be honest I did not ask if the flash had any other enhancments with it. I dont see how it could be anything but a S1 update as these are the guys who program S1 for Mopar.

I also asked about the cut off for the new flash and old flash and they can tell by the number on the PCM. Good luck seeing it, I think you may have to deinstall it to see the numbers. Since I was so close He said to just bring it down. He looked and said bag it we will just flash it to be sure.

Sure wish he would have left that thing in the front seat when I drove off...........

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3 down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 09 Oct 2003, 07:53 pm
Cool Cruiser

Hey Laf,

Thanks for the great info. Now, can you please tell us the numbers on the PCM to look for? I've had 2 Stage 1 kits on order for exactly 1 month now and they haven't shown up. But as soon as they do, I'd like to check them to make sure that they have the updated program. Hopefully this new flashed program was the reason for the delay.

Also, did they mention anything about shipping charges for the rest of us that aren't 15 mins down the road? If it is indeed a recall on this part, they I think that they (or Mopar) should be picking up the tab for shipping.
http://connect.to/YBT
Old 09 Oct 2003, 08:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

GLH,
I looked on my stock PCM and it is a white label/barcode sticker, just write it all down and that should be enough.

Hmmmm, on the shipping I am not sure, but I would think with a good wrap of bubble wrap, they would still fit in a overnight box/pouch and I think that is like 10.00 bucks or so. I would guess we would eat it one way, I can not say anything on that issue as I did not ask.

Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3 down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Old 10 Oct 2003, 01:40 am
Fresh Cruiser

Originally posted by LAF[/i]

A lister was great and gave me a number to call about the Stage 1 PCM and the overheat problem.

By chance is the name of this place called Flight Systems?
Old 10 Oct 2003, 08:57 am
Cool Cruiser

Silver,
Yes that is who they are, just a skip down the road from me.

Old 11 Oct 2003, 01:22 am
Cool Cruiser

LAF,What option number do tou select when you call MOPAR to talk too Mr. Perry?
Old 11 Oct 2003, 07:51 am
Cool Cruiser

Culprat,
Hell I dont remember, just get to the operator and ask for him. I dont really remember such things. Just push all the buttons till it works. LOL

Old 11 Oct 2003, 10:55 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by GLH_TC 16V

Hey Laf,

Thanks for the great info. Now, can you please tell us the numbers on the PCM to look for? I've had 2 Stage 1 kits on order for exactly 1 month now and they haven't shown up. But as soon as they do, I'd like to check them to make sure that they have the updated program. Hopefully this new flashed program was the reason for the delay.

Also, did they mention anything about shipping charges for the rest of us that aren't 15 mins down the road? If it is indeed a recall on this part, they I think that they (or Mopar) should be picking up the tab for shipping.
Mark - I ordered my S1 through 1stChrysler 10 days ago and it was shipped to me on Friday with a Tuesday delivery.

\'03 GT Inferno Red AutoStick - Stage 1 - Air Box Mods & K&N Filter - AMX Intake Down Pipe - Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust - Magnacor 8.5mm Ignition Wires - Pin Stripping - Chrome Side Spears - Chrome Tail Light Covers - Chrome Fuel Door - E&G Custom Grill - Painted Rear Mud Guards - 3-D Liquid Flames - Chrome/Red Neon Washer Nozzles - Interior Neon