Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New Eibach Springs ! Great Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Oct 2003, 08:43 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default New Eibach Springs ! Great Handling

Had Eibach Springs Installed today. 1.6 " drop in front and 2.0" drop in back. Love the look - lower sleeker better tire fender relationship, still have the rake and handling seems much inproved. Seems to track and find a line much better on freeways.
Old 16 Oct 2003, 09:20 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by FRM3

Had Eibach Springs Installed today. 1.6 " drop in front and 2.0" drop in back. Love the look - lower sleeker better tire fender relationship, still have the rake and handling seems much inproved. Seems to track and find a line much better on freeways.
Could you measure the fender lip height through the wheel center and post your results. Also, do you have the chrome GT wheels?

Thanks.
Old 17 Oct 2003, 01:24 am
Young Cruiser

Where did you buy your Eibach Springs/cost $$$??, and where did you have them installed or did you do it yourself??

<font color=\"blue\">MODS:</font id=\"blue\">

Stage I, Custom Pin Stripe, Rear Spoiler, BTG Polished Strut Tower Brace, Borla 2.5\" CAT Back Dual Exhaust, and AirAid Intake System, Polished Front & Rear Sill Plates, Chrome Antenna Bezel w/10\" Chrome Billet Antenna, Mobil 1 and K&N Gold Filter, \"Flame\" 3rd Brake Light, \"Streamline Design\" PT Cruiser Visor, Rear Shelf Graphics and Dash Dots on Steering Wheel, and MGW \"GT\" Auto Shift Knob,Chrome Door Lock Pulls, Chrome Billet A/C Knobs with Acrylic Red Inserts, Chrome Oil Cap, Chrome Dip Stick, Chrome Radio Knob, Blane\'s Hood Lift Kit. Chrome Raidiator Coolant Bottle Cover, Timing Belt Housing Cover, Shock Tower Covers w/Nuts, Power Brake CYL Cap Cover, Windshield Washer Cap Cover, A/C Line Connector Cap Covers, A/C Check Valve Cap Covers and Radiator Cap Cover. \"GT2\" Rolo Red Calipers, Magnecor 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires - Red, Red Wire Looms, Billet Aluminum Steering Wheel Caps (4), Chrome Coin Tray Trim Cover, Chrome Shifter Bezel Tirm Ring, Yoko AVID V4S - 215/50/70\'s, TYC Euro Style Back-up Lights, and Screamin Demon Coil
Old 17 Oct 2003, 02:36 am
Young Cruiser

LT - I installed mine myself, as I was quoted some $300 to have it done at a shop. (Something about 4 hours plus, and a 20% mark up since it was not their equipment, the springs.) In actuality, it's an easy install. I rented a spring compressor from Autozone and was good to go from there.

Oh .. and I bought them from Truckperformance.com At the time they were on sale for $200.
Old 17 Oct 2003, 04:28 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by onedivinehammer

LT - I installed mine myself, as I was quoted some $300 to have it done at a shop. (Something about 4 hours plus, and a 20% mark up since it was not their equipment, the springs.) In actuality, it's an easy install. I rented a spring compressor from Autozone and was good to go from there.

Oh .. and I bought them from Truckperformance.com At the time they were on sale for $200.
Hey Hammer, did you get an alignment, use a camber kit? I needed an alignment after my Eibach install, but not the camber kit as some do and some don't. $300 to install! I got charged $80.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 17 Oct 2003, 09:13 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

I needed a camber kit for my 1 3/4 drop in teh front.

14.67 @ 94.5 &lt;--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 17 Oct 2003, 10:17 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Could you measure the fender lip height through the wheel center and post your results. Also, do you have the chrome GT wheels?

Thanks.
I measured mine with Eibach Springs, Chrome GT wheels and 225/45/17 Nitto 450's.
Front 25" and rear 26"
Matthew
Old 17 Oct 2003, 12:25 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

That is 2-1/2" lower in the front and 2-1/4" lower in the rear than my stock GT.

2003 Almond GT AutoStick, body colored rear splash guards and hood struts, chrome gear shift, AC & vent knobs, billet steering wheel spokes and pedals, AMX1397 Turbo-Intake Pipe.
Old 17 Oct 2003, 02:12 pm
Young Cruiser

Why is this topic in the "Stage Turbo Kits" forum?
Old 17 Oct 2003, 02:16 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mvandale

Why is this topic in the "Stage Turbo Kits" forum?
As you can see, FRM3 has only 33 posts. Probably new to the forum. Let's give em a break this time.