Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
KILL #3 FRIED RICE, STILL FUN FUN FUN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Oct 2003, 09:47 am
Cool Cruiser

Default KILL #3 FRIED RICE, STILL FUN FUN FUN

6:30 this morning still dark big time, trying to intice a little fun from a V6 Camero, I can see his arm out the window. Hissin the BOV at him. Good street for fun traffic wise but is known for the law dawg to roll in here too. He aint going for it at all. Couple of lights later, what the hell is this, it is Rice, but he has so much extra body addon junk I cant tell what the heck it is, no badges. Nice bright APC tail lights, chrome wheels, big ole fart pipe, and the MFG's stickers started at the top of his back side window and stopped below the finder well. First light we are side by side and I am still trying to figure out what the hell this loud "thing" is, light goes green and he just rolls out nice, now he is where he can see, Oh look a PT with some Bling. He rolles up along side and raps the fart pipe, and he hammered it. Poor bastard did not know what he was barkin at, we was rolling bout 25 mph. Ive got the TRAC off by now and I hit the gass, man torque steer came into play. This was the first time I had went WOT from a rolling start. Shame on me for racing the handicaped again. Sure wish I knew for sure what I spanked this morning. I think it was Nissan. Man that was fun. Was cool having to correct the front end trying to pull to the right.
Old 22 Oct 2003, 10:57 am
Regular Cruiser

Remember Always be safe.... But I got a great laugh from this story.. Take on a Stage I /BOV from a rollling start He was toast I would have love to have seen that!

Moondoggie[8D]
03 GT Turbo Stage I BOV "WAVRDR" Woodie
Founding Director
Houston City Cruisers
www.houstoncitycruisers.com
Old 22 Oct 2003, 11:58 am
Cool Cruiser

I am always alert when it looks like a run is going to happen. Wish I could hit replay like the video games, cause it was sure over when the turbo spooled up. Correcting the torque steer was just as fun. The second day I had this car I got rid of the "good for a years" and put on the Hankooks, I keep hearing about the Yoko'z but I am impressed each time I should have had tire spin and the car hooked up instead. The Ventus have a very high rateing and they have lived up to it, and they dont see rain or curves.
03 Steel Blue Pearl Turbo, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Magnaflow performance muffler, My Air Box mod., AMXpipe W/K&N filter, LED lighting,PT Tunning rear lowering springs & BGT Strut tower brace, Hankooks Ventus tires, Rage Motif 17 in. wheels. Tribal pinstrips by Palmer (who else), Color match paint by Etouchup.com, Plugs and wires by Sparkplugs.com, http://members.cardomain.com/rodrungtpt
Old 22 Oct 2003, 01:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

Rodrun, what type of Ventus do you have? I see three types on the site.

Old 22 Oct 2003, 03:35 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RODRUN

6:30 this morning still dark big time, trying to intice a little fun from a V6 Camero, I can see his arm out the window. Hissin the BOV at him. Good street for fun traffic wise but is known for the law dawg to roll in here too. He aint going for it at all. Couple of lights later, what the hell is this, it is Rice, but he has so much extra body addon junk I cant tell what the heck it is, no badges. Nice bright APC tail lights, chrome wheels, big ole fart pipe, and the MFG's stickers started at the top of his back side window and stopped below the finder well. First light we are side by side and I am still trying to figure out what the hell this loud "thing" is, light goes green and he just rolls out nice, now he is where he can see, Oh look a PT with some Bling. He rolles up along side and raps the fart pipe, and he hammered it. Poor bastard did not know what he was barkin at, we was rolling bout 25 mph. Ive got the TRAC off by now and I hit the gass, man torque steer came into play. This was the first time I had went WOT from a rolling start. Shame on me for racing the handicaped again. Sure wish I knew for sure what I spanked this morning. I think it was Nissan. Man that was fun. Was cool having to correct the front end trying to pull to the right.
the v6 is an easy kill, and trac off, isn't that disabled at those speeds anyway?

Punch
Old 22 Oct 2003, 05:30 pm
Cool Cruiser

Punch, I am not sure about the TRAC, I just know I dont want it bumpin the brakes at WOT.
PianT, the tires are Hankook Ventus K102 225/45ZR17. They were a little cheaper than the Yoko'z, when these are gone I dont know what I will go with. I sure like the look of the Yoko.
03 Steel Blue Pearl Turbo, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Magnaflow performance muffler, My Air Box mod., AMXpipe W/K&N filter, LED lighting,PT Tunning rear lowering springs & BGT Strut tower brace, Hankooks Ventus tires, Rage Motif 17 in. wheels. Tribal pinstrips by Palmer (who else), Color match paint by Etouchup.com, Plugs and wires by Sparkplugs.com, http://members.cardomain.com/rodrungtpt
Old 22 Oct 2003, 07:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I was told that TRAC turns itself off after you get above 45 MPH.
I'm not 100% sure though, as it was a DC Salesman... and not a Mechanic.
Autometer Gauges in Triple Pod
Custom Emblems
Custom Switch Plate
AirRaid CAI
Chrome Gauge Eyelids
FlameBall Shift Knob
BTG Strut Tower Brace
Dual Battery System
12 inch Black Shorty Antenna
Working on Custom Audiobahn System

Coming SoonÂ…
Eibach Springs and Sway Bars.
Plenty of Neon
Old 22 Oct 2003, 08:03 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Harquin

I was told that TRAC turns itself off after you get above 45 MPH.
I'm not 100% sure though, as it was a DC Salesman... and not a Mechanic.
I was told 35 mph. I know . . . time to read the owners manual.
Old 22 Oct 2003, 08:19 pm
Senior Cruiser

you guys are correct, I was thinking of the door locks at 35km
Old 23 Oct 2003, 02:25 am
Cool Cruiser

The door locks do their thing at 20 KPH.
Patriot Blue 5-Spd, Stage I, Mopar BOV, BTG Intake, Custom 3\" Turbo-Back, Spring Mod, BTG Shock Tower Brace, Vogtland Springs, Koni Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, Azev Type M 18x8.5 wheels, Ventus K104 tires, Projector Bi-Xenon Lights, Rear spoiler, Autometer Gauges, Illuminated sill plates, K&N Oil Filter, Mopar subwoofer. Mexico City. See pics: http://www.sportcarsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=715