Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
heres the problem (3barboost)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Oct 2003, 09:43 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default heres the problem (3barboost)

went to my dealership to order the stage 1 ( well get prices for it), they didn't have a clue what i was talking about at the parts counter! I told them what it was, they asked for my VIN? i gave it to them, nope nothing listed for your car in the computer or the mopar catalogue (2002).

I gave them the part number, said he couldn't get a match in the computer for it, i asked about the mopar blow off valve, again didn't have a clue what i was talking about!!!!

If the parts counter at the chrysler/dodge dealership doesn't know what it is how is the public going to know?

I then sent him to the mopar.com site, which he checked while I was there, he said thats US only not for canadian cars, and voids the warrenty.

As I left the counter i asked if they sold turbo charged neons, he said he wasn't sure and told me to talk to a salesman.

punch
Old 30 Oct 2003, 09:48 pm
Cool Cruiser

Yep. I know... I'm on the engineering side, can't make excuses for marketing types....
Old 30 Oct 2003, 11:57 pm
Cool Cruiser

Wonder why there are no sales of stage upgrades?

DC should offer staged upgrades installed by dealer on NEW vehicles...I'm POSITIVE if you offer an extra 40HP+ for a measly $1200USD, most customers who buy the GT will say a big YES to it...right now only some of the dealerships know about this.

Cheers,
LIP
Old 31 Oct 2003, 02:24 am
Fanatic Cruiser

A very good friend of mine works in the service department at the local dealership. This is a 5 star dealership that sells Ford, Chrysler, Hyundai, etc. Since I bought my PT, I mentioned some internet sites to him so he has educated himself. Who knows, he may even buy a PT some day.

When it came time to have my PCM changed, I had to educate my friend about it. Thanks to this forum, I had the TSB with all the answers. Mine was the first PCM they've changed.

The point I'm making is this . . . they aren't into PTs. I asked him the other day how many PTs were owned by emplyees at the dealership. His reply was 0. It's no wonder that we know more about the cars then they do. All they do is sell them and work on them occasionally.

I keep hearing about the dealers that know all about PTs. They are the ones that install Stage 1 with no questions. They have all the answers. I'll bet that a PT enthusiast works in sales or service. It sure would be nice if my dealer was one of them. Maybe after my friend buys one, things will change.

Until then, I will continue to educate my dealer. I also won't complain about their ignorance. It's not their fault. They haven't caught the PT bug like I have.

2003 Electric Blue GT. Mods - BTG lowering springs, Polished Blane hood struts and hatch strut covers, chrome door handle scratch guards, molded rear splash guards, BTG polished strut tower brace, BTG axle back exhaust, K&N drop in air filter with baffles removed, Royal Purple synthetic motor oil and K&N filter, Polished front and rear sill plates, Chrome \"PT CRUISER\" rear license plate frame, chrome door spear covers, Chrome antenna bezel, Get the BEST detail products from Gary here: http://www.perfectautofinish.com/
See my PT and mods here:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289059783

MY EMAIL ADDRESS: stephenlarson@adelphia.net
Old 31 Oct 2003, 10:45 am
Cool Cruiser

Punch call Erin Dodge (905 828 1622) and they can order both for you. If you can get the interest for a GB, ask for a price for that as well. I can get stage 1 for 525, and the BOV for 100, at my club price.

AC
Old 31 Oct 2003, 10:52 am
Cool Cruiser

I agree that the dealerships are grossly uninformed... I have the parts guy calling me for part numbers!

The marketing dept. needs a serious kick in the pants. People need to know what is available so they can purchase. If Mopar wants to sponsor me, I will surely play the trumpet as loud and as long as I can.
http://connect.to/YBT
Old 31 Oct 2003, 12:05 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

[quote]Originally posted by Punch

went to my dealership to order the stage 1 ( well get prices for it), they didn't have a clue what i was talking about at the parts counter! I told them what it was, they asked for my VIN? i gave it to them, nope nothing listed for your car in the computer or the mopar catalogue (2002).

Punch

A lot of us brought kits from tthrift, he is courteous, professsional and knows what he is doing and you get a free t-shirt.

how can you beat that?

[:I]

macster

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 31 Oct 2003, 10:53 pm
Regular Cruiser

I went to my local Chrysler dealership and went to the parts counter. I told the guy behind the counter that I wanted to get some prices on performance parts for my GT. He looked at me funny and then said that they don't deal with Mopar performance parts. He then pulled out his catalog and said this was the latest one he had, 1995. I asked if he knew of any other dealerships that could help me out. He pointed me to a Dodge dealership and said maybe they could help.

I walked in wanting to spend money and they just didn't care. I guess that I will have to give tthrift a call. If it were not for this site I would never have known that you could get Mopar upgrades for the GT.

Mopar are you listening?

Keith
Old 31 Oct 2003, 11:13 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

my dealer:
1. Had no idea what Stage 1 was,
2. I had to show them the Mopar website
3. Once they knoew what it was, they want $500 for install (did it myself)
4. Told me it would void my warranty.
Go figure...
Doesn't inspire much confidence.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 02 Nov 2003, 01:17 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 98 Neon Driver

Punch call Erin Dodge (905 828 1622) and they can order both for you. If you can get the interest for a GB, ask for a price for that as well. I can get stage 1 for 525, and the BOV for 100, at my club price.

AC
whats a GB, and what kind of deal can you get me?