Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Poll: Do you want Stage II?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Oct 2003, 09:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Poll: Do you want Stage II?

Lots has been discussed on other topics regarding Stage II. The intent of this thread is to find out:

A. Are you considering purchasing Stage II in the next year? Understand that it will be something like twice the cost of Stage I, but with twice the results. The SRT kit poster on another thread is essentially accurate for content. There are no parts that carry over from Stage I (a rebate to Stage I customers has been considered, but not finalized). However, purchasing Stage II paves the way for Stage III (ie the BIG Turbo) even if it wasn't made available for PTs (you could bolt on the SRT part).

B. Are you considering purchasing Stage II because of the Turbo Toys option? Turbo Toys would add something in the neighborhood of $400 to the cost of the kit (same controller as SRT plus IC Sprayer kit, Dial-a-Boost and Race Gas switch). Right now, Mopar has no plans to offer these options for PT.

All results will be forwarded to TurboG at Mopar.
Old 30 Oct 2003, 09:53 pm
Young Cruiser

I will for sure get a Stage II and a Stage III if and when they come out.
Old 30 Oct 2003, 09:57 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

3Bar, I personally am looking forward to the stage 2 kit. I currently have stage 1 and am very satisfied with the benefit to cost ratio. I am disappointed that the turbo toys and the IC sprayer have not been included in Stage 2. Even so I would still purchase stage 2 within the next year. As far as I'm concerned it would be worth the extra cost for the sprayer and turbo toys, but their elimination will not keep me from upgrading to stage 2, although I would be happier if all the "extras" mentioned above were included.
I Will upgrade to stage 2 within the next year if it is available......
Old 30 Oct 2003, 10:02 pm
Cool Cruiser

I'd certainly consider it....to go from 220HP to 260 would be awesome. My BTB warranty wil expire next year, Powertrain won't, but who cares about that??

It would depend partly on the price, too. Stage 1 is about 450 for Autos, I think....not sure what the price for stage 2 is especially if it's minus the turbo toys (which I wasn't really that excited about anyhow).
Old 30 Oct 2003, 10:05 pm
Young Cruiser

A) I am debating between Stage I and Stage II. Assuming drivability is still excellent, I would lean to Stage II. What would really make me jump at this? CARB EO certification and a clear indication of how such a modification would effect the waranty. I don't expect a full 7/70 powertrain waranty with such modifications, however I would like an idea of what I would give-up. I don't expect a waranty adjustment declaration because of a liability standpoint. However CARB EO certification seems easy enough.

B) I am more interested in the Stage II power rather than the toys. I have no current intentions of using race gas. What settings would the dial-a-boost have? The option of the toys would be nice for those looking to reduce cost. I might be one of them

Now if my dealer even had a clue stage 1 existed... That would be interesting too.

Thanks for doing this work.
Old 30 Oct 2003, 10:26 pm
Young Cruiser

I am in, for the Stage 2 kit. It looks like the kit will be @ around $800 US without turbo toy options.

Old 30 Oct 2003, 10:27 pm
Cool Cruiser

3Bar,
Well I would want Stage2. And do I still need to go to a 2.5 or 3.0 exhaust? I am allready considering a 3" Tubo back with 3" cat and 3" muffler, so no bigies there.

And again it really has to pass the emission inspection that I now face next inspection (March 04) her in PA.

It still will come with all except the toy package right?

Rebate would be nice since mine is only 750 miles old, on a 2000 mile old car.

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3” down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 30 Oct 2003, 10:28 pm
Administrator

Thanks for all your hard work, 3Bar. Speaking for the rest of us, we all appreciate your brains, sweat and commitment to giving us the best products at a managable cost.

I'll be getting Stage 2 if I can find a dealer who is well informed of the details/specs/pricing/install procedure/warranty.

Old 30 Oct 2003, 10:31 pm
Senior Cruiser

I have passed on Stage I for now because I don't have the money to blow on that, especially if it's a waste once you get to Stage II. I want to hit 300HP inthis thing,if they will make the parts to do it. I'm in, all the way.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 30 Oct 2003, 10:52 pm
Cool Cruiser

Responses on a couple of questions:

Despite claims of off-road use only, all kits discussed so far retain the stock catalyst system. Since we are the people who have to make the production car pass sniffer checks (up to 120k miles), it's a good chance that the Stage Upgrades will as well. Several customers have been checked, and have reported their results on the forums.

The Cat-Back exhaust isn't necessary (ie optional). I do think it is included in the rating, so slightly lower power numbers could be expected without it but full torque.

The Turbo Toys are not currently part of the PT kit. They also are not currently planned to be sold separately for SRT. So if enough of you want it, maybe Mopar will make the Turbo Toys optional for PT.