PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
"Racepipe"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Nov 2003, 08:02 am
Cool Cruiser

Default "Racepipe"

3BarBoost,
I asked you this a few weeks ago but maybe you missed it. Or maybe your not allowed to answer...
In your signature you list a "racepipe" as part of your mods. You also state in another recent post that to achieve the full HP figures for S2 the exhaust system needs to be upgraded.
My questions are:
1. Is your racepipe going to be marketed and do you run a muffler?
2. Is this going to be a Mopar part?
3. What is the ideal pipe size for S2?
4. What would be the ideal size for S3...IF S3 was ever released for the PT GT.

Thanks in advance,
Deen

Old 02 Nov 2003, 09:36 pm
Cool Cruiser

In answer to #3 & 4, a decent 2.5" system is good for over 300 bhp. The Mopar cat-back is 2.5"...

3" systems are only necessary if you are in the market for 400 bhp+.
Old 03 Nov 2003, 09:05 am
Cool Cruiser

3BarBoost, I appreciate your answers!

Looks like I'll be in the market for a 2.5" exhaust as soon as S2 is released. I'll check with my local dealer to see what the Mopar cat-back is all about.
Deen

GT, 5-Spd, K&N filter, Stage I, AGP 3147 Big Turbo, DTEC Fuel Kit, Tial WGA, Greddy Profec EBC, DCR 55mm TB, 05 Plastic Manifold, 180 Deg. Stat, CCA FMIC, AMX hard-pipes, Water-Injection, STS shifter, Needswings 3\" DP w/dump and Borla Cat-back, BG Drop Springs, Eibach Sway Bars, Panther alloys & Eagle F1 Max-Performance Tires. Best run to date...12.93 @113.45MPH.
77 Blown Vette-runs 10\'s @ 136 MPH.
Old 03 Nov 2003, 10:43 am
Cool Cruiser

If I am not mistaken, race pipe typically just means ya don't have a cat converter on there, it's straight through.
Old 03 Nov 2003, 02:37 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by hyracer

3BarBoost, I appreciate your answers!

Looks like I'll be in the market for a 2.5" exhaust as soon as S2 is released. I'll check with my local dealer to see what the Mopar cat-back is all about.
Deen

Hyracer

I had an cat to muffler 2.5" tail pipe installed for $85.00. The result was that the car seems to pull a lot harder. It does not seem to run out of steam. I also had a BTG muffler installed but I took it out because it was a tad bit too loud for me. FYI, the 2.5" inch pipe with the stock muffler and stage 1 is working very well for me.

macster

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 03 Nov 2003, 11:26 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by crazyjoe

If I am not mistaken, race pipe typically just means ya don't have a cat converter on there, it's straight through.
Or at least a high flow one.

Since hyracer did not directly ask you. What pipe are you running? Obviously not the mopar one...

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 04 Nov 2003, 12:55 am
Cool Cruiser

Friend of mine built it, and he really doesn't want to be in exhaust business...

Sorta why I been avoiding the question.
Old 04 Nov 2003, 02:03 am
Cool Cruiser

3Bar,
What color is your PT? Just courious
Old 04 Nov 2003, 07:46 am
Cool Cruiser

McMaster, $85 was a super price. I don't think anyone around my small town would even light their torch for $85.
The other thing no one has touched on is the restriction in the cat...I hear its necked down. I also have the BTG muffler and it to is only 2.25 inch rather than 2.5 so even if I changed to a larger pipe I'll still have restrictions at both ends.
As far as noise is concerned I think my BTG muffler has gotten louder as it broke in. For any long vacation jaunts I'll probably switch back to my stock muffler.
GT, 5-Spd, K&N filter, Stage I, AGP 3147 Big Turbo, DTEC Fuel Kit, Tial WGA, Greddy Profec EBC, DCR 55mm TB, 05 Plastic Manifold, 180 Deg. Stat, CCA FMIC, AMX hard-pipes, Water-Injection, STS shifter, Needswings 3\" DP w/dump and Borla Cat-back, BG Drop Springs, Eibach Sway Bars, Panther alloys & Eagle F1 Max-Performance Tires. Best run to date...12.93 @113.45MPH.
77 Blown Vette-runs 10\'s @ 136 MPH.
Old 04 Nov 2003, 08:41 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by hyracer

McMaster, $85 was a super price. I don't think anyone around my small town would even light their torch for $85.
The other thing no one has touched on is the restriction in the cat...I hear its necked down. I also have the BTG muffler and it to is only 2.25 inch rather than 2.5 so even if I changed to a larger pipe I'll still have restrictions at both ends.
As far as noise is concerned I think my BTG muffler has gotten louder as it broke in. For any long vacation jaunts I'll probably switch back to my stock muffler.
Hyracer

Since I live in Ca, I won't even think about touching the CAT unless it's to replace it with a high flow 2.5 or 3" one. Right now all I need are a few more ponies, which I should get from Stage 2 and I'll be set. But back to the muffler, it only took the guy about half an hour and he was done. There was really nothing fancy or intricate to do, so $85.00 was more than a fair price for here.

macster

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe