PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
stage 1 question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Nov 2003, 01:46 am
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Black04Turbo
Default stage 1 question

ok if I get the stage 1 will this void my warranty??? will it effect it in any way.... I know that you have to give you VIN so it is obviously tracked for some reason....[:I]
Old 10 Nov 2003, 02:15 am
Young Cruiser

I purchase one from 1st Chrysler Parts and had it installed by a local Dodge dealer. Why would Mopar sell something that is illegal or install it at one of their dealerships if it voids your warranty. If Stage II and III are going to further enhace HP and performance, you know they have done the testing. They are not going to have thousands of dissatisfied GT owners breathing down their necks. That's my 2 cents worth.

<font color=\"blue\">MODS:</font id=\"blue\">

Stage I, Custom Pin Stripe, Rear Spoiler, BTG Polished Strut Tower Brace, Borla 2.5\" CAT Back Dual Exhaust, and AirAid Intake System, Polished Front & Rear Sill Plates, Chrome Antenna Bezel w/10\" Chrome Billet Antenna, Mobil 1 and K&N Gold Filter, \"Flame\" 3rd Brake Light, \"Streamline Design\" PT Cruiser Visor, Rear Shelf Graphics and Dash Dots on Steering Wheel, and MGW \"GT\" Auto Shift Knob,Chrome Door Lock Pulls, Chrome Billet A/C Knobs with Acrylic Red Inserts, Chrome Oil Cap, Chrome Dip Stick, Chrome Radio Knob, Blane\'s Hood Lift Kit. Chrome Raidiator Coolant Bottle Cover, Timing Belt Housing Cover, Shock Tower Covers w/Nuts, Power Brake CYL Cap Cover, Windshield Washer Cap Cover, A/C Line Connector Cap Covers, A/C Check Valve Cap Covers and Radiator Cap Cover. \"GT2\" Rolo Red Calipers, Magnecor 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires - Red, Red Wire Looms, Billet Aluminum Steering Wheel Caps (4), Chrome Coin Tray Trim Cover, Chrome Shifter Bezel Tirm Ring, Yoko AVID V4S - 215/50/70\'s, TYC Euro Style Back-up Lights, and Screamin Demon Coil
Old 10 Nov 2003, 03:38 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Black04Turbo

ok if I get the stage 1 will this void my warranty??? will it effect it in any way.... I know that you have to give you VIN so it is obviously tracked for some reason....[:I]
Stage 1 will not void the warranty. My dealer told me the only problem I would have was if the Stage 1 caused the problem......Some dealers are threatening to void the whole warranty if Stage 1 gets installed. Legally they can't do that.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 10 Nov 2003, 04:48 am
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Black04Turbo

thanks guys that is what I wanted to know.... i will probably end up waiting until the stage 2 comes out but it all depends on the price..
thanks again
Old 15 Nov 2003, 04:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Black04Turbo

thanks guys that is what I wanted to know.... i will probably end up waiting until the stage 2 comes out but it all depends on the price..
thanks again
From the Mopar web site:

Mopar Performance Parts are sold "as is," without any warranty whatsoever. Implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are excluded. The entire risk as to quality and performance of such parts is with the buyer. Should such parts prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.

Chrysler, Dodge, and JeepĀ® vehicle and parts warranties are voided if the vehicle or parts are used for competition or if they fail as a result of modification.

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Larry
Old 16 Nov 2003, 11:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

"the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair."

wow that sucks!!

Old 17 Nov 2003, 12:17 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bobs turbo pt

"the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair."

wow that sucks!!

Old 17 Nov 2003, 01:40 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Black and LT are the very reason that several of us keep getting a raft(the old tired warrant rant). Turbo engines are very expensive to repair. If you modify, you are taking the chance that YOUR dealer will choose not to warrant those repairs. If you feel lucky, or have a dealer that you would trust to hold your wallet for a week ........... well, you choose.

Otherwise read the posts on this site concerning (not the writen disavowment of warranty) how dealers have treated customers that have modified their PTs, before betting on blind trust!

Bobs Turbo PT will tell you a story or two!