Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Another dealer who refuses to install Stage I

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Nov 2003, 11:33 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Another dealer who refuses to install Stage I

I was talking to a guy with a Blue GT at the track last night and he said that Butler Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge-Yugo in Macon (or maybe Warner Robbins) GA said they would order and sell him Stage I, but refused to install it.

Mopar needs to straighten these types of morons out if they want the whole 'Mopar Speedshop' idea to actually work.

Old 15 Nov 2003, 12:56 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Black04Turbo

Well I just called my dealer and he said he has hear of the Stage 1 but isn't sure what the intall cost is going to be but he will find out for me Monday and call me back... and he said he is excited to get to finaly put one on... I am the first one to even ask about it.. guess I better messure the tread on my tires before I take it in [8)]
Old 15 Nov 2003, 07:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to tthrift

just wanted to shed some light on this subject. at my dealership we install the stage i kit for 2hrs labor time at a reduced rate of 54.00 per hour

total labor = $108.00

i work at Haynes Jeep Chrysler in Richmond Va and i hope you guys are getting some what the same deal out there.

thanks tommy
Old 15 Nov 2003, 08:12 pm
Senior Cruiser

And just to clarify, I realize that idiot dealers that won't do stuff like this are few and far between, but those few make it that much harder for the ones that are out there to please their customers and attract new markets, such as the type that would be interested in the 'Speedshop' principal.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 16 Nov 2003, 07:55 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Unfortunately Triple it's not just a few . Mine here in Vestal,NY won't install or rather would install but void my warranty ..."direct quote from the service manager " .
\'03 Electric Blue 5 speed GT, addco oversize sways,wildfire strut bar,color-matched rear muds,xenon sides/\"crusher\",mirrors,b&c pillars,both interior consoles,b&m sport shifter,autometer ultralite gauges,Mopar STG 1 ,booger shift bushings,mopar bov,AMX turbo up pipe,Prototype turbo ucp, 05 intake, map clamp
Old 16 Nov 2003, 12:02 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Black04Turbo

Well I just called my dealer and he said he has hear of the Stage 1 but isn't sure what the intall cost is going to be but he will find out for me Monday and call me back... and he said he is excited to get to finaly put one on... I am the first one to even ask about it.. guess I better messure the tread on my tires before I take it in [8)]
Don't let the dealer rip you for the install. Since the '04 only requires the replacement of the PCM, the time charged should be well under an hour.

If you'll look at the Links page on the Big D Cruiser site, you will see a name and number to Jamie who installed my Stage 1. He only charged me $100, including the injectors. I'm sure that the PCM only will be a lot less. He has many years experience as a Certified Chrysler Tecnician and is performance oriented. Check it out.

Stage I, custom 3\" exhaust & Cowl Intake, Mopar BOV, Dual gauge pod w/vac-boost & A/F meters, Hood Struts, Yokohama ES-100\'s
Best 1/4 so far: 14.489 @ 93.65, best 1/8: 9.222 @ 74.261
Old 16 Nov 2003, 12:51 pm
Administrator

I couldn't even get my dealer to install the Mopar BOV. "Sorry. We don't install Mopar Performance parts." What the #*#^#%^!?
Old 18 Nov 2003, 11:18 am
Cool Cruiser

I am amazed at the idiots at differant dealers. Are all these guys still using micro fish. Come on, I do not understand why a dealer that doesnt know anything about this stuff cant pick up a phone or get on line and talk to DC or other dealers and get it right. We should raise hell with DC, if they are going to build it then they sure as hell should back it. If I had been reading this stuff before I bought my PT I would not be enjoying it now. I would have bought another brand. I am tired of these big companys forgetting CUSTOMER SERVICE. I have been so lucky with Grubbs Nissan/Chrysler/Jeep, I have never gotten a real negative response for anything. At the worst its been, "well Im not sure, let me check". However I did catch alot of grief from the dealership where I bought my Dak. R/T. when I wanted to do some mods to it.
How can we start a bitch letter to DC?
03 Steel Blue Pearl Turbo, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Magnaflow performance muffler, My Air Box mod., AMXpipe W/K&N filter, LED lighting,PT Tunning rear lowering springs & BGT Strut tower brace, Hankooks Ventus tires, Rage Motif 17 in. wheels. Tribal pinstrips by Palmer (who else), Color match paint by Etouchup.com, Plugs and wires by Sparkplugs.com, http://members.cardomain.com/rodrungtpt
Old 18 Nov 2003, 02:44 pm
Senior Cruiser

Ted Kazinski was always pretty good with those, lol!

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 18 Nov 2003, 05:11 pm
Cool Cruiser

Wow, I surprised that most of you guys take the car to the dealer to do these installs. So far from working on NBRs car I've found everything super easy. The tools required to work on them are nothing special, just basic hand tools. I don't know if it's just me, but I can't justify paying some schmuck 95/hr (CDN) to do something I can do my self. W/ my current car I've done alot of work to it including replacing an engine, and I've done it all in the driveway. The only things I haven't done is the exhaust, and the stereo install.

AC