PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stage 2 and Warranty....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Nov 2003, 04:33 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Stage 2 and Warranty....

Both my local dealers said "Its mopar, so it wont hurt the warranty"

I remember some of you had problems with the dealer not covering the car because of the stage kits.

Should I try to get them to put it in writing that it wont hurt the warranty? Just in case?
Old 28 Nov 2003, 08:49 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Try, but I don't think you'll get it. From another post about Stage 1:
"Per their written warranty statement, you are on you own".
Incredible, but the Stage kits void the warranty.[:0]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 28 Nov 2003, 09:15 am
Administrator

From the mouth of Mopar-->
http://www.mopar.com/pop_warranty_pp.html

Old 28 Nov 2003, 11:03 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jody

From the mouth of Mopar-->
http://www.mopar.com/pop_warranty_pp.html
That says the parts themselves have no warranty - the question is, what about the engine, transmission, etc.? Is the warranty still good on those? Suppose you "fry a valve" with a Stage kit - is the valve replacement covered by warranty?[:I]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 28 Nov 2003, 11:27 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PTucker

Both my local dealers said "Its mopar, so it wont hurt the warranty"

I remember some of you had problems with the dealer not covering the car because of the stage kits.

Should I try to get them to put it in writing that it wont hurt the warranty? Just in case?
Chrysler policy indicates the Stage Kits are not warranted. They further specify that anything that breaks as a result of the Stage Kits will not be covered under warranty. Remember Chrysler is the manufacturer; however for the most part their warranty is administered by their dealer network. So it would not hurt to try to have the dealer commit to more than this; but that would be an agreement between you and the dealer. It would not obligate Chrysler to pay for any non-warranted repairs.

I personally wouldn’t recommend installing any Stage Kit unless you are financially capable of, and mentally prepared to, pay for some repairs that may not be warranted. That isn’t saying they won’t be warranted but you just need to be prepared to deal with these on your own.

Here's a question I would like to ask the 'group'.

If the dealer installs a Stage I Turbo Kit at the time of your first oil change (3000 miles). Then, at the second oil change (6000 miles), the Autostick transmission needs to be replaced because a major torque converter failure; should Chrysler replace the transmission under their warranty?

I’ll be interested in your comments.

Larry
Old 28 Nov 2003, 01:52 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:

Here's a question I would like to ask the 'group'.

If the dealer installs a Stage I Turbo Kit at the time of your first oil change (3000 miles). Then, at the second oil change (6000 miles), the Autostick transmission needs to be replaced because a major torque converter failure; should Chrysler replace the transmission under their warranty?

I’ll be interested in your comments.

Larry
So far, he seems covered - Granted, not a torque converter failure, but could turn into one if hose comes off:
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...?TOPIC_ID=4911
Old 28 Nov 2003, 04:56 pm
Senior Cruiser

I say it should be a warantee item cause it is my understanding that unless there is a direct connection between stage 1 or 2 mods and the failure it is covered! What voids the warrantee is competition use! I am confused cause the stage 1 or 2 parts are not for calif street use so does that automatically void the warrantee? And if they get calif emissions certs as they are in the process now what does that mean for the warrantee?
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 28 Nov 2003, 08:11 pm
Cool Cruiser

Lets put it this way..they have your VIN # they know you got S1.. unless the dealer is cool with it or you have an agreement with them your pretty much screwd. But the plus side is that say you break a turbo,halfshaft,etc. this is the time to upgrade to a better stronger,lighter,faster piece. that is if you have the $$$$ and time to do so. I cant wait till my turbo takes a poo!
Old 28 Nov 2003, 08:21 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Chrysler doesn't give a crap about you or your warranty, they will try and screw you at anychance they can...you think they want to pay out money? I had to spring for a whole new manifold and turbo because the bearing seized...and apparently the problem was my Bloww Off Valve!!!!??? As soon as you write them a big fat check you're just another chump in their list of suckers...wow can you tell i'm bitter???
Old 28 Nov 2003, 08:36 pm
Senior Cruiser

Just a little bitter??? I trust you had a moddified BOV??? Wonder what would happen if you had the MOPAR BOV??
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.