Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Mopar Warranty & Stage Kit Part Numbers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Dec 2003, 11:31 pm
Administrator

Default Mopar Warranty & Stage Kit Part Numbers

For reference, here is Mopar's Warranty information...

3barBoost's explanation of the warranty, "Aftermarket parts do not void the car's warranty. Says so in your owner's manual. Legal precedent even. However, if an aftermarket part is deemed to be the cause of a failure related to the aftermarket component - then the consumer is liable."

Mopar Performance Parts Warranty
Mopar Performance Parts are sold "as is," without any warranty whatsoever. Implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are excluded. The entire risk as to quality and performance of such parts is with the buyer. Should such parts prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.

Chrysler, Dodge, and JeepĀ® vehicle and parts warranties are voided if the vehicle or parts are used for competition or if they fail as a result of modification.

Notice
Federal and many state laws prohibit the removal, modification or rendering inoperative of any part or element of design affecting emissions of safety on motor vehicles used for transporting persons or property on a street or highway. Violation may result in a fine of up to $27,500 per vehicle. Mechanical and/or electronic performance parts cannot be use used on vehicles used on the streets or highways. These parts may be used only on vehicles used solely in sanctioned off-highway events. No other applications are intended or implied.

Note - California Only
The emission laws and regulations of the state of California apply to all non-racing vehicles. Consequently, when indicated and appropriately marked on their packaging may legally be used in California only on a racing vehicle which will never be operated on public roads.

The Complete Mopar Performance Parts Warranty and Additional Notes:
http://www.mopar.com/pop_warranty_pp.html

Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade Kits- PT Turbo Part Numbers:
P5007943 - 2003 Manual
P5007944 - 2003 AutoStick
P4510606 - 2004 Manual
P4510597 - 2004 AutoStick

Stage 2 Turbo Upgrade Kits (rumored available Spring '04) - PT Turbo Part Numbers:
P5007946 - 2003 Manual
P5007945 - 2003 AutoStick
P4510257 - 2004 Manual
P4510258 - 2004 AutoStick

Visit www.mopar.com for more info.
Old 02 Dec 2003, 03:21 pm
Senior Cruiser

So nothing has changed. It still begs the questions "why can other manufacturers support aftermarket with warranties but DC can't". They are all competing for the same market.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 03 Dec 2003, 10:46 pm
Cool Cruiser

Just for reference:

GM Performance parts warranty info
http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/gmgoodwr...fparts/faq.jsp

Ford Racing Performance parts warranty info (blank right now)
http://www.fordracing.com/parts/

Toyota Racing Development parts warranty info (pretty good on the superchargers)
http://www.trdusa.com/warranty.asp

NISMO Performance Parts Warranty (couldn't find it on www.nissan-usa.com)
http://www.courtesyparts.com/policy_warranty.html
Old 04 Dec 2003, 12:28 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I read them all and here are some interesting thoughts:

GM: "If a GM Performance Part proves to be defective following the purchase, the purchaser must contact the selling authorized GM Performance Parts dealer to resolve the issue."

From what I read, it says, bring it and we will work it out...

Ford Doesn't Say anything about waranties...

TRD:
"WARRANTY COVERGE

12 months, regardless of mileage, from the date of installation on the vehicle or the remainder of any applicable new vehicle warranty, whichever provides greater coverage with the following exceptions:
TRD Superchargers - Dealer-installed TRD Supercharger systems are warranted by TRD for 12 months or for the remainder of the vehicle's Toyota Powertrain Warranty when installed by a Toyota dealer."

Now this sounds even better:
"The TRD supercharger warranty covers not only the defective dealer-installed TRD supercharger, but also any Toyota-warranted part that is damaged or caused to fail by the defective dealer-installed TRD part."

Here are some limitations for their "Stage1":

"GENERAL TRD WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS COVERING ALL TRD LEVEL 1 SPORT PARTS

The TRD Level 1 Sport Parts warranty covers not only the defective dealer-installed TRD Sport Part, but also any Toyota-warranted parts that is damaged the bye defective dealer-installed TRD part.

TRD warrants that, unless specified otherwise, all emissions-sensitive TRD Level 1 Sport Parts have been certified by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) via its Executive Order (EO) procedure not to cause increased vehicle emissions. "

I guess it even has a CARB aproval?

Nissan: "Nissan warrants to correct defects in materials or workmanship in all genuine Nissan replacement parts, Genuine NISMO S-tune parts, and Genuine Nissan accessories, distributed by Nissan North America in the Continental United States, installed and used on Nissan or Infiniti "

It also says: "Nissan Motorsports and NISMO R-tune parts, including NISMO Legacy parts are sold "AS IS" without warranties, expressed or implied unless expressly prohibited from doing so by applicable law, in which case the warranty provided is the minimum required by law."

DC/MOPAR: "Mopar Performance Parts are sold "as is," without any warranty whatsoever. Implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are excluded. The entire risk as to quality and performance of such parts is with the buyer. Should such parts prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair."

You decide on the waranties issues...

Old 04 Dec 2003, 12:30 am
Fanatic Cruiser

BTW:

I will still buy Stage 2 when it comes out!
I need more power and speed!!!

Ian
Old 05 Dec 2003, 02:18 am
Cool Cruiser

YES STAGE 2!!!! I want it now!!
Old 11 Dec 2003, 02:42 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sabishop

Since the prevailing theory is that there won't be a Stage 3 for the PT GT I'm saving my pennies for a Stage 2. Once it's been out and running for a couple of months (just to get the bugs out) I'll be trotting down to my local dealer and plopping the plastic on the counter for my Stage 2.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 11:56 am
Fresh Cruiser

As a outsider lookin in I feel anybody who gives up a 7/70 warr. is crazy. I also feel that most cruisers dont do there own work or at least the more extensive aspect of it.3Bar Boost and PVO are or seem to be the resident experts on the factory turbo but I also feel that since they have a in with DC they would be fully taken care of if any problem creeps up.Most of u have no in with DC and from past experience with dealers Ifeel most of u will be hung out to dry. I do not have a GT but I do have a very built turbo. I think it sucks that DC is using u guys as a test bed.Iam with u guys about the need for speed.I did all my installs with 3000 miles left on car for warr.I now have 9000 miles on upgrade with no problems other than test and tune things.I have a great realtionship with my dealer as the service mgr is a good friend .The question is will u have problems yes remember its a machine and it will brake and fail. I feel if u do upgrades like stage 2 and have problems oh well thats the breaks. I feel the first thing that will go will be tranny or 5 speed clutch disc. Should DC cover this I dont feel they should since most people who do the upgrades are beatin the he!! out of there car. Dont get me wrong Iam not backin DC and Iam not tryin to piss anybody off but I feel that if u want to play u have to be able to pay.Just to give u a little insight to another mfg warr. problems at my dealer 5* Chysler/Subaru dealer there is a modified WRX-STI with major motor problems that has been upgraded. Its just sittin because the dealer wont warr. the problem and the owner thinks they should. The mfg will now get involved. My point is the car has now been sittin 3 weeks and who knows how much longer it will sit. This is this guys daily driver. He is already out 1,500.00 because he had to buy a car so he could get to work.I feel these are the problems people will have. Would I still do the upgrade as a outsider lookin in YES as long as I understood that I was out on my own.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 12:14 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by phatdad

As a outsider lookin in I feel anybody who gives up a 7/70 warr. is crazy. I also feel that most cruisers dont do there own work or at least the more extensive aspect of it.3Bar Boost and PVO are or seem to be the resident experts on the factory turbo but I also feel that since they have a in with DC they would be fully taken care of if any problem creeps up.Most of u have no in with DC and from past experience with dealers Ifeel most of u will be hung out to dry. I do not have a GT but I do have a very built turbo. I think it sucks that DC is using u guys as a test bed.Iam with u guys about the need for speed.I did all my installs with 3000 miles left on car for warr.I now have 9000 miles on upgrade with no problems other than test and tune things.I have a great realtionship with my dealer as the service mgr is a good friend .The question is will u have problems yes remember its a machine and it will brake and fail. I feel if u do upgrades like stage 2 and have problems oh well thats the breaks. I feel the first thing that will go will be tranny or 5 speed clutch disc. Should DC cover this I dont feel they should since most people who do the upgrades are beatin the he!! out of there car. Dont get me wrong Iam not backin DC and Iam not tryin to piss anybody off but I feel that if u want to play u have to be able to pay.Just to give u a little insight to another mfg warr. problems at my dealer 5* Chysler/Subaru dealer there is a modified WRX-STI with major motor problems that has been upgraded. Its just sittin because the dealer wont warr. the problem and the owner thinks they should. The mfg will now get involved. My point is the car has now been sittin 3 weeks and who knows how much longer it will sit. This is this guys daily driver. He is already out 1,500.00 because he had to buy a car so he could get to work.I feel these are the problems people will have. Would I still do the upgrade as a outsider lookin in YES as long as I understood that I was out on my own.
No disrespect. But thats another reason to go with the Stage MODS from the DCX, they have been tested to death. (which was the reason for another post that I put up) But if they don't want to play right, then; that's why they have lawyers, that's why I'll take my stuff off this pig and give it back to the bank if it comes down to it, thats why we were told to save some money for a rainy day, etc. As for me, I understand the risk, if it's my fault, I'll pay for it, if it's not they will pay for it. I can wait as long as they can.

Something else is bothering me and its as follows; why in the world are people doing engine mods to their daily drivers which may affect their warranty.[:I] If this was my daily driver then it would be stock. I'm talking about the STI guy here( major engine mods to his daily driver which I take to be his sole source of transportation) it doesn't make any sense to me. But then it's been proven more than once that I'm no genius.

done

macster

FWIWM2C

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 28 Dec 2003, 12:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I disagree I feel 90% of people doin upgrades there car is there daily driver that would be a good pole.