Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Good Stage 1 Run - Cold Weather and No Nitrous

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Dec 2003, 03:51 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Good Stage 1 Run - Cold Weather and No Nitrous

Mid 40's at the track tonight. Nitrous off for a new Stage 1 baseline. Cold Track surface did not help traction but the sum of the parts worked well. No tree - stage and go on green light.

RT 1.092
60' 2.177
330 6.025
1/8 9.181
MPH 78.46
1000 11.909
1/4 14.206
MPH 97.45

This was against an older modded Honda. Afterwards Driver (young man with a really long face) leaped out of car on pit road and said "I've never been beaten before - And I lost to a PT Cruiser?" May of had something to do with seeing him in rear view mirror and turning on my hazzard flashers" 3/4 of the way down the track! His final speed 85.4.

When I turned on hazzard flashers a man standing next to my wife at the starting line fence laughled out loud and yelled " God Bless America!" then hugged my wife. When I got there everyone was still laughing!
Old 08 Dec 2003, 04:56 am
Veteran Cruiser

Nice run!.....Ah, but not "just a PT Cruiser". [8)] I've noticed that a lot of people don't like to be passed by "just a PT Cruiser". On the freeway I will go around someone doing 60-65 and after I'm around them they stomp it and go fast around me. Then they slow back down. Sometimes I'm in a playful mood and I'll throw it into 4th and blow by them. Then they realize it isn't "just a PT Cruiser". [8)] Stage 1 is a nice upgrade, but I can't wait for Stage 2! I'll bet that kid won't tell his buddies he got beat by "just a PT Cruiser". At 85.4 mph and he's never been beaten what's he racing, Daewo's?

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 08 Dec 2003, 08:36 am
Dedicated Cruiser

FRM3 congrats on your run.

Hey Mean Green, you're killing me... "At 85.4 mph and he's never been beaten what's he racing, Daewo's?" LOL

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 08 Dec 2003, 11:13 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by FRM3

Mid 40's at the track tonight. Nitrous off for a new Stage 1 baseline. Cold Track surface did not help traction but the sum of the parts worked well. No tree - stage and go on green light.

RT 1.092
60' 2.177
330 6.025
1/8 9.181
MPH 78.46
1000 11.909
1/4 14.206
MPH 97.45
FRM3

Congradulations, I noticed that you have 180 degree thermostat, that corrosponds with my normal water temp gage reading and a high of approx 210, before the fans come on. Is that a mod and if so, what did it improve?

macster

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 08 Dec 2003, 12:00 pm
Regular Cruiser

"Congradulations, I noticed that you have 180 degree thermostat, that corrosponds with my normal water temp gage reading and a high of approx 210, before the fans come on. Is that a mod and if so, what did it improve?"

Dash temp most often stays 1/4 below dead middle most of the time. On a warm day rises it will move up a bit until a/c compressor is turned on and fans start --- then goes down again. I'm told that logically its keeping overall engine temp down allowing a bit cooler internal temps and slightly better pcm readings and better preformance.
Race Pipe and custom 3\" back, Eibach Springs, A Pods with EFT and Boost, MP Underdrive Pulley, 180 thermostat, Taylor Racing Wires, NX wet Nitrous 50 shot for quick spool/hp with msd tac drive and window switch, Mopar BOV, FIPK intake, APC Euro Tail Lite Kit, all badges removed.
Old 08 Dec 2003, 12:50 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

Dash temp most often stays 1/4 below dead middle most of the time. On a warm day rises it will move up a bit until a/c compressor is turned on and fans start --- then goes down again. I'm told that logically its keeping overall engine temp down allowing a bit cooler internal temps and slightly better pcm readings and better preformance.
[/quote]

Thanks.

macster

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 08 Dec 2003, 12:56 pm
Regular Cruiser

Macster: New thermostat cost 4.65 and was easy to add.

Frank
Race Pipe and custom 3\" back, Eibach Springs, A Pods with EFT and Boost, MP Underdrive Pulley, 180 thermostat, Taylor Racing Wires, NX wet Nitrous 50 shot for quick spool/hp with msd tac drive and window switch, Mopar BOV, FIPK intake, APC Euro Tail Lite Kit, all badges removed.
Old 08 Dec 2003, 11:56 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by IRPT

FRM3 congrats on your run.

Hey Mean Green, you're killing me... "At 85.4 mph and he's never been beaten what's he racing, Daewo's?" LOL
DITTO[|)]
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 09 Dec 2003, 01:25 am
Cool Cruiser

You still running stock tires? If so, I'm gonna have to get back out there and and see how much thirty degree lower temps improves my times...
Old 09 Dec 2003, 01:52 am
Regular Cruiser

Still running stock tires. Surface quite hard (cold) , spun badly on several runs well into second gear. Plan to give it a try again on sunday with drag radials or something much much stickier than stock. Still want baseline data from Stage 1 and mods (other than NOS).

If we hook up well, plan to try 35 shot NOS coming in after shift to second ---- and if we really hook up from 3000 rpm in 1st. Testing on street, 50 shot seemed to result in PCM cutting boost or retarding timing advance so we abandoned 50 shot and never even checked the 75.