Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
GT no match for SRT-4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Dec 2003, 01:25 am
Cool Cruiser

Default GT no match for SRT-4

My brother just took delivery of a Red 2004 SRT-4.

I drove it for about 100 miles over the weekend in the street and on the highway, all I can say is: Wanna buy my GT?

I can't begin to tell you difference, it's huge.

Powertrain: It feels much more powerful than my Stage I GT, throttle response is unbelievable, and that exhaust sound is nothing short of intoxicating. Revs biuld so much faster and easier, I keep looking to see if I have the handbrake on my GT now.

Steering: It tracks like an exotic sport car.

Transmission: The clutch is lighter and has a short pedal travel, shift throws are much smaller and it feels so much better than the GT's.

Handling: It's amazing how well this car behaves, it really feels poised at all speeds, and it's more compliant and comfortable than my GT with Eibach's.

Fun to drive factor: There's no comparison, the GT feels like a car that just happens to go fast, the SRT-4 feels like an athlete.

Overall a very superior package, I can't afford to sell mine now and get an SRT-4, I just can't wait for Stage II.

Any other ideas on how to make my GT more enjoyable?
Old 10 Dec 2003, 02:12 am
Regular Cruiser

No comparison on a road course by design - no reason revs would build up faster and easier. No stealth factor, silly spoiler, uncomfortable seats unless you weigh less than 118 lbs. I'll stick with style of PT and find a way to compensate for additional 600 lbs. when lining up to run in a straight line.
Race Pipe and custom 3\" back, Eibach Springs, A Pods with EFT and Boost, MP Underdrive Pulley, 180 thermostat, Taylor Racing Wires, NX wet Nitrous 50 shot for quick spool/hp with msd tac drive and window switch, Mopar BOV, FIPK intake, APC Euro Tail Lite Kit, all badges removed.
Old 10 Dec 2003, 03:09 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I agree with the statement that the SRT-4 is more of a drivers car than the PT could ever hope to be. The functional scoop and front air dam speak volumes about the intentions of this car. This is a true budget sports car that performs outside of it's price bracket. FRM3, not too sure about your experience with aftermarket racing seats are, but these are comparatively gorgeous. They have the right friction patches on them and offer excellent support. My only complaint is that they have no harness cutouts. The so called "silly" spoiler suits the demenor of the car IMHO, it actually reminds me of the Toyota Supra's... This car is in another realm, and with the same $$$ invested will spank one of out GT's.
Old 10 Dec 2003, 04:15 am
Fanatic Cruiser

If it was meant to be a neon, they woulda slapped the neon body on it. It's a tall car that got more juice. You can't turn a milk truck into a fighter plane...maybe a C130 gunship, but not a fighter plane.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 10 Dec 2003, 07:56 am
Cool Cruiser

MEXICANPT,
I plan on test-driving a SRT4 next spring also...no sence in driving one now that the snow is on the ground. Will I buy one...NO...not unless my wife will sell her car and make the payments (wishful thinking)!
The GT is, and was meant to be a totaly different animal. In my opinion it still has the "way cool" look over the Neon. Plus it gives me so much more pleasure to see the look of other drivers faces when you blow their doors off with a Stage 1 GT...talk about a "sleeper".
Save your pennies, wait for S2, save more pennies because 3BarBoost says Stage 3 will bolt on when it finally is released.

Deen

GT, 5-Spd, K&N filter, Stage I, AGP 3147 Big Turbo, DTEC Fuel Kit, Tial WGA, Greddy Profec EBC, DCR 55mm TB, 05 Plastic Manifold, 180 Deg. Stat, CCA FMIC, AMX hard-pipes, Water-Injection, STS shifter, Needswings 3\" DP w/dump and Borla Cat-back, BG Drop Springs, Eibach Sway Bars, Panther alloys & Eagle F1 Max-Performance Tires. Best run to date...12.93 @113.45MPH.
77 Blown Vette-runs 10\'s @ 136 MPH.
Old 10 Dec 2003, 08:51 am
Obsessed Cruiser

That's true of NA PT and NA Neon, too. I have both. Think of adding 3-4 adults to a Neon, then you're at same weight of the PT. To me, the PT is so much more comfortable - there's no comparison. Lotsa motorcycles will beat the pants off an SRT-4, but I have taken long bike trips and they aren't my idea of fun. PT over a Neon for a long drive any day.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 10 Dec 2003, 10:28 am
Cool Cruiser

I'll take a C-130 gunship over a fighter any day in combat. While the fighter goes back for more fuel and ammo, the C-130 is still hangin in there, protecting me. So I guess I'll have to stay with the GT, huh...

Mike
Old 10 Dec 2003, 10:53 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by COP TZER

The functional scoop and front air dam speak volumes about the intentions of this car.
you better take another look that scoop is not functional!

I thought you had to cut the hood above the airbox to get the hood to work as planned in the srt-4.
Old 10 Dec 2003, 11:50 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Punch

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by COP TZER

The functional scoop and front air dam speak volumes about the intentions of this car.
you better take another look that scoop is not functional!

I thought you had to cut the hood above the airbox to get the hood to work as planned in the srt-4.
You are correct about the cutting. You do have to cut the hood and the air box, but at least PVO already put the plumbing there. It is nice to have an option at least...
http://connect.to/YBT
Old 10 Dec 2003, 12:20 pm
Cool Cruiser

I agree with most of you when you say the PT is a different animal, it has many advantages over the SRT-4, but I'm more into spirited driving, that's why I prefer the SRT-4. I have a 2003 Neon too so when I want to relax I can drive that one.

I will most definitely get Stage II and if our good friend 3BarBoost walks us through upgarding to Stage III you can bet I will do it too, if you read my first post I asked for ideas on how to make my GT more enjoyable, read faster.

Suggestions are more than welcome.
Patriot Blue 5-Spd, Stage I, Mopar BOV, BTG Intake, Custom 3\" Turbo-Back, Spring Mod, BTG Shock Tower Brace, Vogtland Springs, Koni Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, Azev Type M 18x8.5 wheels, Ventus K104 tires, Projector Bi-Xenon Lights, Rear spoiler, Autometer Gauges, Illuminated sill plates, K&N Oil Filter, Mopar subwoofer. Mexico City. See pics: http://www.sportcarsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=715