Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
ok, Break it down for me.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Dec 2003, 04:23 am
Regular Cruiser

Default ok, Break it down for me.

I have read alot of stories about intakes, hoses, wires, trany etc.... breaking and being blamed on the Stage 1.

Really, Its not that much of a power up. What are the chances of this stuff happening?

I really want S1 but keep thinking about all those stories.

Should I?
Old 11 Dec 2003, 04:30 am
Senior Cruiser

I'm waiting for stage 2 , but may get stage 1 in the meantime....
Old 11 Dec 2003, 04:38 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Punch

I'm waiting for stage 2 , but may get stage 1 in the meantime....
The way I see it is this.

S1 is 15-20hp more. 235hp

S2 is 45 +hp more. 265hp.

I dont want to have to pay alot for break downs caused by the S1. I see the stage 2 being hell on the tranny and other things. I want to know the risk the S1 brings to reliability. Cant be much. As much as I would love S2, I just wouldnt trust all that power and what it will do to the car. I need my safe warranty.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/473529
Old 11 Dec 2003, 07:44 am
Cool Cruiser

From what I've seen by various posts on this website and others there have been very minimal problems with S1.
Until Chrysler changes their warranty policy...IF having a warranty is your MAIN issue then DO NOT install any of the stage kits.
On the other hand if power and fun are your MAIN issues (as mine are) then purchase S1 or 2 (when available) and enjoy. I would love to "have my cake and eat it too" but Chrysler has told me upfront (by their warranty policy) that installing a stage kit COULD void parts of the warranty directly related to the stage kit. We are all big boys now...if you decide to play, you just MIGHT have to pay. This can be summed up by a couple of old sayings:

If you can't stand the heat...stay out of the kitchen

or

If you can't run with the big dogs...stay on the porch

Don't get me wrong, I too would like to see a change in the warranty policy. But at this point in time you take your chances.

Deen

GT, 5-Spd, K&N filter, Stage I, AGP 3147 Big Turbo, DTEC Fuel Kit, Tial WGA, Greddy Profec EBC, DCR 55mm TB, 05 Plastic Manifold, 180 Deg. Stat, CCA FMIC, AMX hard-pipes, Water-Injection, STS shifter, Needswings 3\" DP w/dump and Borla Cat-back, BG Drop Springs, Eibach Sway Bars, Panther alloys & Eagle F1 Max-Performance Tires. Best run to date...12.93 @113.45MPH.
77 Blown Vette-runs 10\'s @ 136 MPH.
Old 11 Dec 2003, 10:22 am
Senior Cruiser

PTucker, have you searched the web for these answers, there are teardowns of the engine, and everyone says it is "over built" can handle alot more HP then stock, others have posted that the autostick is good for about 300hp.

the hose issue your talking about is the tranny lines, it happens becuase the clamps/hoses hve a problem and the extra pressure of the stage kit blows them off ( something on these lines)

the intake issue your talking about is the fact that, you don't really need to change your stock intake, as their are minimal gains to be had (but a nice chrome one sure looks good)

the BOV issue was copTeazer ruining his turbo, and chrysler not do the repair under warrenty due to aftermarket parts ( should've used a mopar part copTeazer)

sure things are going to break/weaken, but then you get to replace them with better stronger parts...

like hyracer says above, if your worried about your warrenty don't even go with stage 1, as the dealer may void engine repairs if they can prove the upgraded parts were the cause.

Punch
Old 11 Dec 2003, 02:10 pm
Regular Cruiser

I have read on how tough the engine is. But its the chrysler auto that I worry about. They are not kno for being tough[:I]

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/473529
Old 11 Dec 2003, 03:16 pm
Senior Cruiser

this is a new part and from what i've read can handle upto 300hp no problems, now watch your cv joints and axles at 300hp fall apart....
Old 11 Dec 2003, 07:04 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Punch

PTucker, have you searched the web for these answers, there are teardowns of the engine, and everyone says it is "over built" can handle alot more HP then stock, others have posted that the autostick is good for about 300hp.

the hose issue your talking about is the tranny lines, it happens becuase the clamps/hoses hve a problem and the extra pressure of the stage kit blows them off ( something on these lines)
Punch - I'm the person that brought up the tranny hose issue & based on the responses I've gotten the issue is a weak hose, not S1. - Lou

\'03 GT Inferno Red AutoStick - Stage 1 - Air Box Mods & K&N Filter - AMX Intake Down Pipe - Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust - Magnacor 8.5mm Ignition Wires - Pin Stripping - Chrome Side Spears - Chrome Tail Light Covers - Chrome Fuel Door - E&G Custom Grill - Painted Rear Mud Guards - 3-D Liquid Flames - Chrome/Red Neon Washer Nozzles - Interior Neon
Old 12 Dec 2003, 01:26 am
Cool Cruiser

PTucker, Just jump in the water is fine.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 12:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

as hyracer said