Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stage 1 and boost controler?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Dec 2003, 02:53 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Stage 1 and boost controler?

[:I]I've got an 03 GT Turbo with 3" Heart throb cat back duals without the center resonator, Custom TRUE cold air intake (my design) K&N cone filter, Functional Lund hood scoop, 8mm Taylor wires and a Billet boost controler set at 15 lbs.
My question is, I'm getting the stage 1 upgrade for Christmas and am wondering if and how this is going to effect my Boost controler? Thanks
[img][8)]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid92/p8cef11d2b3fc997eb120f5609de80aa7/fa527cd8.jpg[/img]
Old 12 Dec 2003, 07:50 am
Cool Cruiser

Stage 1 and a boost-control don't go together...infact you can go just as fast with a boost-controller and no S1 at all.
Whoever your Santa Claus is have them either "help" buy S2 or have them buy the Mopar 2.5 cat-back exhaust in preparation for S2...then YOU buy S2 when it comes out.

Deen

GT, 5-Spd, K&N filter, Stage I, AGP 3147 Big Turbo, DTEC Fuel Kit, Tial WGA, Greddy Profec EBC, DCR 55mm TB, 05 Plastic Manifold, 180 Deg. Stat, CCA FMIC, AMX hard-pipes, Water-Injection, STS shifter, Needswings 3\" DP w/dump and Borla Cat-back, BG Drop Springs, Eibach Sway Bars, Panther alloys & Eagle F1 Max-Performance Tires. Best run to date...12.93 @113.45MPH.
77 Blown Vette-runs 10\'s @ 136 MPH.
Old 12 Dec 2003, 07:53 am
Cool Cruiser

Whoops!
Just re-read your posting and now realize you already have a 3" exhaust. If that is a 3" cat-back system you are already setup for S2.

Deen
GT, 5-Spd, K&N filter, Stage I, AGP 3147 Big Turbo, DTEC Fuel Kit, Tial WGA, Greddy Profec EBC, DCR 55mm TB, 05 Plastic Manifold, 180 Deg. Stat, CCA FMIC, AMX hard-pipes, Water-Injection, STS shifter, Needswings 3\" DP w/dump and Borla Cat-back, BG Drop Springs, Eibach Sway Bars, Panther alloys & Eagle F1 Max-Performance Tires. Best run to date...12.93 @113.45MPH.
77 Blown Vette-runs 10\'s @ 136 MPH.
Old 12 Dec 2003, 08:44 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

forget the stage one...the only benefit you'll get above the B/C is the higher flow injectors. Might i suggest a BOV, and or some gauges instead??
Old 12 Dec 2003, 09:16 pm
Senior Cruiser

Bill, if you have the same HeartThrob system as me, it's 2.5" piping with dual 3" resonated tips. BTW, how's the accessories business going? Looks like you've got some pretty nice stuff. Keep up the good work
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 16 Dec 2003, 08:38 pm
Young Cruiser

A friend pulled his BC off his Suby 'Rex' when he switched to a total package set up (the thing's putting out 335 bhp and friggin' screams). He was going to give it to me for xmas -(the BC not the Suby) sorry I don't have the brand name with me.
My question is re the above posts - I can use the BC with the Stage 2 but not with the Stage 1, right? I'm holding off for Stage 2 but won't bother with installing the BC if it won't work later...
tezz
Black 03 PT/GT - Autostick,Stage 1, Mopar BOV, DC rear sway, K&N filter/white baffle out, Magnaflow cat back, Eibach springs, billet strut bar, AMX CAI,3bagged UCP, Euro tail lenses, Revell shifter, misc. do-dads
Old 16 Dec 2003, 10:44 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

It will "work" but as to how effective it will be is the issue, I believe. If I was in your spot (oh wait, I am)...Id run max boost (15psi) until Stage 2 comes out, get that then tune the boost controller to an appropiate amount of boost. This would NEED to be done on a dyno to get accurate air/fuel numbers.

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 17 Dec 2003, 11:42 pm
Young Cruiser

YOU NEED THE STAGE 1 TO RAPE THE BENIFITS OF THE BOOST CONTROLER WITHOUT THE STAGE ONE WHEN THE VEHICLE SEE'S TOO MUCH BOOST IT SHUTS YOU DOWN PLUS YOU NEED THE INJECTORS FOR MORE FUEL TO GO WITH THE MORE AIR FROM INCREASED BOOST. PLUS NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT. IF YOU ARE WILLING TO SPEND THE CASH FOR STAGE 2 THEN BY ALL MEANS GO RIGHT AHEAD BUT I DO BELIEVE THEY WILL BE RESTRICTING YOUR WARRANTY AS SOON AS YOU ORDER THE STAGE 2 OR 3 KITS. AT LEAST WITH THE STAGE 1 YOU JUST SWAP YOURE PCM AND NO ONE IS THE WISER JUST MY 2 CENTS..[:X]