Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
'Big Injectors & stock pcm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Dec 2003, 04:03 am
Regular Cruiser

Default 'Big Injectors & stock pcm

I've heard of 'Stage 1' owners leaving the injectors in and using the stock PCM for "Many of Reasons", my question, can you (we/us) just leave the bigger injectors in permanently???? Thinking of putting the stock PCM in and increasing the boost manually, and the fuel 'issue' and boost 'issue', will compensate for each other. Maybe even have a new PCM installed for the 'engine-miss @ 5300rpm'.
I know some owners have done this temporary, but for the whole warranty (70K) to last, and to have a blast, could/would this be OK?????Thanxxxx Stew
Old 22 Dec 2003, 03:18 pm
Senior Cruiser

Your car will run rich with the stock PCM and bigger injectors. Rich does not mean more power. A car's computer is programmed with the flow rate of the injector. It tells the injector how long to stay open based on input from sensors or a lookup table based on the known flow rate of the injector. The "on time" is the pulse width. A bigger injector will deliver more fuel for a given pulse width. I am not sure whether the fuzzy logic will eventually compensate for this but the base programming flaw will still remain. I have more experience with Mustangs, but bigger injectors there without compensating did not create more power and usually had very poor idle characteristics.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 22 Dec 2003, 09:53 pm
Cool Cruiser

As far as I know the 2004 version uses those bugger injectors, therefore the increase to 220 HP.
Patriot Blue 5-Spd, Stage I, Mopar BOV, BTG Intake, Custom 3\" Turbo-Back, Spring Mod, BTG Shock Tower Brace, Vogtland Springs, Koni Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, Azev Type M 18x8.5 wheels, Ventus K104 tires, Projector Bi-Xenon Lights, Rear spoiler, Autometer Gauges, Illuminated sill plates, K&N Oil Filter, Mopar subwoofer. Mexico City. See pics: http://www.sportcarsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=715
Old 23 Dec 2003, 02:38 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MEXICANPT

As far as I know the 2004 version uses those bugger injectors, therefore the increase to 220 HP.
I thought we were underrated in teh first place.

Ba! So much info. Im so confused... [}]

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!