Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Blitz SBC Controller w/Stage 1?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Dec 2003, 05:47 am
Young Cruiser

Default Blitz SBC Controller w/Stage 1?

Okay - my buddy gave me his Blitz Boost Controller for Christmas. The instructions are pretty general for installation (as in not written for a Chrysler PT/GT specifically), in fact, most of the instructions are written in Japanese. Included is a set of instructions (xeroxed) in english. I'm definately old school hop ups - I'll probably need to get professional help installing the thing. My buddy thought it would be better to install the Stage One (which I CAN do, from what I've read) before I get the boost controller put in, so I don't over tax the engine. Thoughts?
Another question - only slightly off topic - when I hit the cloverleaf this morning at about 50 in 3rd (autostick), it felt like it got fuel starved at the apex. I've noticed this before - is this a traction control issue or really a fuel problem? I had about 1/2 tank of gas - is the fuel pick up off to one side? Ideas?
thanks, tezz [8)]
Old 30 Dec 2003, 08:56 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Read about the TSB on the PCM for your stutter issue.

I would install Stage I first. Your friend is correct. You wouldnt want to run lean unneccesarily. Apparently (I dont have it so I cant say) Stage I raises stock boost levels anyway, so you would have to compensate on the BC afterwards anyways.

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 30 Dec 2003, 01:35 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Lauren is right on with her comments. Stage 1 increases boost upper limits to 14/15 lbs. The most noticeable performance enhancement is the way that the boost is controlled at lower throttle levels. It provides much more quickness. The stage 1 PCM has no overboost signal to throw a code or mil. So it would be best to go to stage 1 first, since the stock pcm can be particular about boost limit, and or boost to throttle position. Those are not issues with stage 1.....
Old 30 Dec 2003, 01:39 pm
Regular Cruiser

so that P1188 code is taken care of when using the stage 1 PCM?
- Custom exhaust: no muffler, side exit.
- Replaced air box with open end cone filter.
- Stage 1
Old 30 Dec 2003, 02:38 pm
Senior Cruiser

If that is true that may be real reason why stage 1 cant get cert for Ca use!!
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 02:46 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I got that information from one of 3Bars earlier posts, so I have no doubt that its true and there is probably alot of validity to the comment about certification. I have run as much as 17 lb second stage boost without a code. I have had stage 1 since it was commercialized by mopar, and havent seen a code since.....
Old 30 Dec 2003, 02:52 pm
Senior Cruiser

Several people have posted here that S-1 performs better when they have removed their BC.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 30 Dec 2003, 06:53 pm
Young Cruiser

'Kay - thanks - I'll go with the Stage One first then. 3BarBoost still offering it through his dealership?
For the future - anybody installed a Blitz BC on a GT? Problems?
Oh - re the second part of the original post - I tried hitting the same loop @ 50 in 2nd this morning (the commute doesn't HAVE to be boring) and had no bog issue, so maybe it's just at the edge of the turbo boost in third through the turn. Hmmm. I'll have to keep an eye on the tach next time.
tezz
Black 03 PT/GT - Autostick,Stage 1, Mopar BOV, DC rear sway, K&N filter/white baffle out, Magnaflow cat back, Eibach springs, billet strut bar, AMX CAI,3bagged UCP, Euro tail lenses, Revell shifter, misc. do-dads
Old 30 Dec 2003, 07:46 pm
Cool Cruiser

tezz,

it's not 3bar that is the parts manager for a dealership, it's tthrift.

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 30 Dec 2003, 08:09 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tezz

'Kay - thanks - I'll go with the Stage One first then. 3BarBoost still offering it through his dealership?
For the future - anybody installed a Blitz BC on a GT? Problems?
Oh - re the second part of the original post - I tried hitting the same loop @ 50 in 2nd this morning (the commute doesn't HAVE to be boring) and had no bog issue, so maybe it's just at the edge of the turbo boost in third through the turn. Hmmm. I'll have to keep an eye on the tach next time.
tezz
Heres the link per your email
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...?TOPIC_ID=4357

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!