Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
100 hp shot on a Stage 1 GT?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Dec 2003, 10:33 pm
Young Cruiser

Default 100 hp shot on a Stage 1 GT?

Anyone tried the new NOS or Nitrous Works 100 HP "wet" nitrous system made for Chrysler 4 cylinder turbos? Looks like a lot of fun?

Just curious. I think the car can handle it. I would set it up to come on in second gear because I don't think the front tires will stay stuck in low gear (automatic) with an extra 100 HP. They have trouble staying stuck as it is.

I'd also like to install a video camera on the back focused on the face of the guy who's suddenly found himself in your rear view mirror.

Me: [8)] Them: [:I]
Old 01 Jan 2004, 12:13 am
Regular Cruiser

I just increased NXpress wet shot to 50 hp from 35. Tried 75 but pcm cut back boost, 50 doesn't create same problem. With turbo many feel the 50 shot is more like 75 hp addition.

Using window switch with 3000 min rpm and wot. No cap on rpms. With well heated drag slicks or slicks you can launch with nitrous on, otherwise you need to wait till second gear.
Race Pipe and custom 3\" back, Eibach Springs, A Pods with EFT and Boost, MP Underdrive Pulley, 180 thermostat, Taylor Racing Wires, NX wet Nitrous 50 shot for quick spool/hp with msd tac drive and window switch, Mopar BOV, FIPK intake, APC Euro Tail Lite Kit, all badges removed.
Old 01 Jan 2004, 09:45 am
Young Cruiser

Hey FRM3 what does your car run?

[Please see Forum Guidelines regarding signature image sizing]
03 Dream Cruiser Series 2
Homemade air intake, Custom Dual Exhaust, MOPAR BOV, MBC, Stage1. More to come!
Old 01 Jan 2004, 01:17 pm
Regular Cruiser

Running on an off the gas off best time 14.133 and on the gas 13.796 (this was with the 35 shot and stock tires) Cold again and burned up on the line early with an amazing 16.621.

I hope to try the 50 shot this weekend. Awaiting Kosei K-1 front wheels (15" at only 13.5 lbs. each) and BFG Drag Radials probably will not be here in time. At least I'll get numbers for the 50 shot.
Race Pipe and custom 3\" back, Eibach Springs, A Pods with EFT and Boost, MP Underdrive Pulley, 180 thermostat, Taylor Racing Wires, NX wet Nitrous 50 shot for quick spool/hp with msd tac drive and window switch, Mopar BOV, FIPK intake, APC Euro Tail Lite Kit, all badges removed.
Old 01 Jan 2004, 02:59 pm
Young Cruiser

Wow great times! Where did you get your nitruos kit. May have to look into it before I am done.

[Please see Forum Guidelines regarding signature image sizing]
03 Dream Cruiser Series 2
Homemade air intake, Custom Dual Exhaust, MOPAR BOV, MBC, Stage1. More to come!
Old 01 Jan 2004, 03:14 pm
Regular Cruiser

Nitrous Xpress. Combination of kits (next gen ??) with window switch, remote bottle opener, purge kit and NHRA required high pressure venting.
Old 01 Jan 2004, 03:18 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Autostick? Heard our tranny is only good for 300....you may be pushing that [:I]

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 01 Jan 2004, 03:37 pm
Regular Cruiser

it is autostick and I agree we could be getting into some marginal areas. However, the max is not clear. Sometime back 3Bar indicated this was the same basic auto trans used on all Chrysler products, and if so the 300 target may be a bit conservative. My thinking is that with Satge II I will probably drop the trans and have it beefed up some. As I go to drag radials/ slicks and am able to launch with NOS on, the axle may be the weakest link. Covering new ground here for me, would like other opinions/experiences.
Old 01 Jan 2004, 04:46 pm
Cool Cruiser

AT58 has a 75hp shot on top of the '03GT.
Our dyno tests showed he was still running rich enough to add a larger nitrous jet.
Old 01 Jan 2004, 04:57 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by FRM3

it is autostick and I agree we could be getting into some marginal areas. However, the max is not clear. Sometime back 3Bar indicated this was the same basic auto trans used on all Chrysler products, and if so the 300 target may be a bit conservative. My thinking is that with Satge II I will probably drop the trans and have it beefed up some. As I go to drag radials/ slicks and am able to launch with NOS on, the axle may be the weakest link. Covering new ground here for me, would like other opinions/experiences.
I would like a definite number. I think its all new ground for us, including Chrysler, apparently. I suppose we'll see when someone breaks theirs

MX-5: 5 speed?

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!