Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
WOT and Autostick 4th Gear (Overdrive)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Jan 2004, 08:32 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default WOT and Autostick 4th Gear (Overdrive)

Under WOT when the autostick transmission shifts into 4th gear (overdriv)e does the Stage 1 pcm substantially richen the mixture for safety?
Old 12 Jan 2004, 10:05 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by FRM3

Under WOT when the autostick transmission shifts into 4th gear (overdriv)e does the Stage 1 pcm substantially richen the mixture for safety?
FRM

Take a look at AFR posted on the dyno charts, under my dyno run post. You can see where the AFR starts to richen RPM, MPH and etc.

macster

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 13 Jan 2004, 01:04 am
Regular Cruiser

I should have remembered. Thanks, Macster! By the way, what was the octane of the gasoline used when the Dyno runs were done?

Thanks,

Frank
Race Pipe and custom 3\" back, Eibach Springs, A Pods with EFT and Boost, MP Underdrive Pulley, 180 thermostat, Taylor Racing Wires, NX wet Nitrous 50 shot for quick spool/hp with msd tac drive and window switch, Mopar BOV, FIPK intake, APC Euro Tail Lite Kit, all badges removed.
Old 13 Jan 2004, 02:51 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Rolo

Duh! That is a good question that never managed to come up in our ponderings, heh. I assumed it was 93, but when I lived in SoCal, only 91 was prevalent there.
Old 13 Jan 2004, 08:37 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:

I should have remembered. Thanks, Macster! By the way, what was the octane of the gasoline used when the Dyno runs were done?

Thanks,

Frank
It was Shell 91 (here in Ca),Normally, I run Cheveron or Exxon 91.

macster

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 13 Jan 2004, 05:43 pm
Cool Cruiser

I have to say I never thought to ask octane of the gas FRM3. I live in a small world! Here in PA we got 87-94 octane. I run 93 in my GT. 94 in the bike. Have never tried anything else. I am wondering if I want to try 89 or 91 for a bit. If we are running rich in the high end as Macster's dyno shows on the AFR, what effect would lower octane have? A good point this being brought up, and now we throw something else into the mix.

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3 down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 13 Jan 2004, 07:51 pm
Regular Cruiser

We have the same grades here in texas and I always run 93. If you run lower octane I believe the pcm will reduce boost to maintian 10 or so to 1 ratio and also because there may be more knock sensor feedback with lower octane. One of the reasaons I asked was due to HP and TQ readings on the Dyno data. With 93 Octane I believe the HP and TQ would have been higher.

Saw dyno on SRT in some Magazine and their wheel numbers were equal to published crank numbers. They said the reason that was true was that it was a new car and still had Michigan gas in it. When they used CA gas their HP and TQ results werer much lower.

Frank
Race Pipe and custom 3\" back, Eibach Springs, A Pods with EFT and Boost, MP Underdrive Pulley, 180 thermostat, Taylor Racing Wires, NX wet Nitrous 50 shot for quick spool/hp with msd tac drive and window switch, Mopar BOV, FIPK intake, APC Euro Tail Lite Kit, all badges removed.
Old 13 Jan 2004, 07:58 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:

We have the same grades here in texas and I always run 93. If you run lower octane I believe the pcm will reduce boost to maintian 10 or so to 1 ratio and also because there may be more knock sensor feedback with lower octane. One of the reasaons I asked was due to HP and TQ readings on the Dyno data. With 93 Octane I believe the HP and TQ would have been higher.

Saw dyno on SRT in some Magazine and their wheel numbers were equal to published crank numbers. They said the reason that was true was that it was a new car and still had Michigan gas in it. When they used CA gas their HP and TQ results werer much lower.

Frank
Waaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

That's not fair! 94 octane that's racing gas out here.

bummer

macster

Old 13 Jan 2004, 08:09 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by macster

Quote:

Frank
Waaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

That's not fair! 94 octane, that's racing gas out here.

bummer

But anyway, I met the spec for Stage1 which shows that they are not lying. Additionally, if you take a look at the 04 PTGT specs the torque comes on in the 2-4K RPM range similar to what mine did. I wonder what Stage2 and Stage 3 will bring?

FRM3 did you buy that FIPK from K&N yet?

macster

Old 13 Jan 2004, 08:29 pm
Regular Cruiser

here's a link to the article and dyno on new srt-4 with stage 1 that I mentioned above. They say:

"Mopar rates the Stage One kit at 240 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque. However, as we've already experienced with the SRT-4, these are conservative numbers. With Stage One installed, our car made exactly those numbers at the wheels. The peak torque increase isn't huge; however, there is a 10 lb-ft gain throughout most of the midrange.

Our project car in stock form was slightly stronger than previous SRT-4s we've tested, making 227 hp and 256 lb-ft of torque right out of the box. This dyno test was performed with the car still full of Michigan fuel. All other SRT-4s we've tested have used California's notoriously low-octane fuel."

Link is:

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/pr.../0401scc_srt4/