Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
dealership says it would be warranteed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Jan 2004, 08:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default dealership says it would be warranteed

hello all, went to have a " flash done to my pts pcm yesterday while speaking with the service mngr, i was asking him about stage 1 he says if its installed there at the dealership it would be covered?? what do you think??
Old 13 Jan 2004, 08:15 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Rolo

I think he will say what he needs to say to sell more products.

"Officially" it is not covered.

Your dealer may choose to cover it in order to provide good service, which generates/keeps customers.

Both dealers near me will scapegoat any problems they can on aftermarket parts and blame it on Chrysler's policies for even more scapegoating (the service managers flat-out told me that is what they do).

I think you should ask for it in writing and then make your decision after knowing how things will play out.

Old 13 Jan 2004, 09:30 pm
Senior Cruiser

Service managers also come and go. The new one would give you the thumbs down. Believe it when he signs a contract on company letter head.
Old 14 Jan 2004, 03:02 pm
Cool Cruiser

In Mexico, we the dealers are obliged to warrant a car even if it has Stage I. Mopar Performance Parts carry the same warranty regular parts do.
Patriot Blue 5-Spd, Stage I, Mopar BOV, BTG Intake, Custom 3\" Turbo-Back, Spring Mod, BTG Shock Tower Brace, Vogtland Springs, Koni Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, Azev Type M 18x8.5 wheels, Ventus K104 tires, Projector Bi-Xenon Lights, Rear spoiler, Autometer Gauges, Illuminated sill plates, K&N Oil Filter, Mopar subwoofer. Mexico City. See pics: http://www.sportcarsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=715
Old 14 Jan 2004, 04:03 pm
Senior Cruiser

So in other words you're inviting us all down to visit you. A pretty long trip for me but if I was closer, maybe.[8D]
Old 14 Jan 2004, 09:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

if i go for it i will have it in writing for sure!!
Old 15 Jan 2004, 09:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I just went through this with my Stage 1. They will not warranty for the Stage 1. They will warranty the other parts on the engine, but if the cause is the Stage 1 parts, or if it is a Stage 1 part that is causing the problem, get your wallet out, because you are going to have to pay for the service. Sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news, but this reality hit me yesterday. So.. if you go Stage 1, switch it back to the stock PCM and injectors BEFORE you go for warranty service.
Old 15 Jan 2004, 11:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

thanks vtx !!
Old 16 Jan 2004, 12:49 am
Cool Cruiser

You would think that if DC makes the product and has spent all the time testing it as they have that they would warr. their own product and any problems that might occur during the use of said product. This is just a thougt. I know that this subject is becoming a broken record but it still is pissing me off everytime it comes up.
2003 Dream cruiser 2 #1434

mopar bov and k&n drop in filter ,billet shorty antenna, silencers removed, custom painted rear shelf that says\"Dream Cruiser II\"and maybe, doubtfully soon------stage 1
Old 16 Jan 2004, 10:44 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by VTX1800Dave

I just went through this with my Stage 1. They will not warranty for the Stage 1. They will warranty the other parts on the engine, but if the cause is the Stage 1 parts, or if it is a Stage 1 part that is causing the problem, get your wallet out, because you are going to have to pay for the service. Sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news, but this reality hit me yesterday. So.. if you go Stage 1, switch it back to the stock PCM and injectors BEFORE you go for warranty service.
Wait a minute! If what you said is true, then its all that I want. DCX has stated up front the Stage(*) parts aren't warrentied (whateva) and I bought them (of my own free will) and one breaks and I'm responsible. Sounds like its fair to me. (Cause they TOLD ME UP FRONT WHAT THE DEAL WAS) In summation, They told me up front what the deal was, it broke and I have to pay. Sounds fair to me. Hell my dealer would do the same thing, except he would feed me doughnuts and coffee and give me a sweet deal on the rental. I think that you got a fair deal, and I would be happy with it.

FWIWM2C

macster

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe