PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Can Stage I PCM be reprogrammed if sold?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Jan 2004, 12:36 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Can Stage I PCM be reprogrammed if sold?

Just curious if the Stage I PCM can be reprogrammed for another vehicle (VIN and Mileage) in the event that someone that has one now sells it when Stage II comes out ?

My quick answer is no, since the dealer does not have the equipment to do it as of this point, but just curious.

Old 19 Jan 2004, 03:05 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Rolo

Why would they not have the equipment?
Old 19 Jan 2004, 03:13 pm
Senior Cruiser

Because they don't.That's why the Stage I PCM comes pre-programmed with your vehicle's info, and why some of them were not done correctly when people bought them.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 19 Jan 2004, 03:54 pm
Cool Cruiser

I am sure it can be. If it got programed once it can get programed again. I would think Flight Systems can do this. Just send all your S1's to me and I will get rid of them for you................

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3” down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 19 Jan 2004, 04:10 pm
Senior Cruiser

The problem was that the dealer does not have the equipment to do it, last I heard.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 20 Jan 2004, 12:29 am
Cool Cruiser

even if the dealer could they prob. wouldnt just to get you to buy the whole thing at full price
2003 Dream cruiser 2 #1434

mopar bov and k&n drop in filter ,billet shorty antenna, silencers removed, custom painted rear shelf that says\"Dream Cruiser II\"and maybe, doubtfully soon------stage 1
Old 20 Jan 2004, 05:12 pm
Cool Cruiser

read this thread from the SRT forums
http://srtforums.com/forums/showthre...threadid=30285

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 20 Jan 2004, 08:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

"Just send all your S1's to me and I will get rid of them for you" []
Old 20 Jan 2004, 08:57 pm
Cool Cruiser

Give credit where credit is due ...

Step 1: Dealer calls 1-800 Chrysler and gives original VIN. Chrysler gives dealer vehicle PIN that is stored in the original PCM and BCM

Step 2: With Stage One (or other new PCM) installed, and Diagnostic tool connected to the diagnostic port, the Technician inputs the PIN number into the diagnostic tool.

Step 3: Using the Diagnostic tool, with the input PIN, the technician is able to reprogram the key....

Step 4: Give ATL-SRT credit for saving your ass after you took the car to a dealer without a clue and PM'ing him over and over so he can give your technician the correct instructions.

Not too hard....

That's from the SRT forum, I'm not sure if this will work, but one I'm sure of is that the PIN number is the factory invoice to the dealer, all you have to do is ask your dealer for a copy (if they will give it to you, that's another story)
Patriot Blue 5-Spd, Stage I, Mopar BOV, BTG Intake, Custom 3\" Turbo-Back, Spring Mod, BTG Shock Tower Brace, Vogtland Springs, Koni Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, Azev Type M 18x8.5 wheels, Ventus K104 tires, Projector Bi-Xenon Lights, Rear spoiler, Autometer Gauges, Illuminated sill plates, K&N Oil Filter, Mopar subwoofer. Mexico City. See pics: http://www.sportcarsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=715
Old 21 Jan 2004, 12:38 am
Cool Cruiser

It seems to me there was a post on entering the vin using the DRB. There is a back door way of doing it and I thought it was spidy134 who posted it? I was not able to find the post? Who ever posted it gave all the instructions on how to do it. Maybe someone can find it? Of course I could be having a senior moment.