Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Stage 1 PCM Reflash PROBLEM!!!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Apr 2012, 05:19 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Stage 1 PCM Reflash PROBLEM!!!

Ok so i got my PCM from FWDPerformance and well the dealers say they are unable to reflash it because the existing VIN on cannot be reflashed to a new one. has anyone else had this problem? Ive checked with 2 local dealers so far with the same answers, I have no idea what to do
Old 17 Apr 2012, 06:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Stage 1 PCM Reflash PROBLEM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseJox View Post
Ok so i got my PCM from FWDPerformance and well the dealers say they are unable to reflash it because the existing VIN on cannot be reflashed to a new one. has anyone else had this problem? Ive checked with 2 local dealers so far with the same answers, I have no idea what to do
Dose FWDPerformance flash them?

03 Dream stock
04 Touring turbo lite stock
02 Touring stock

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 17 Apr 2012, 06:38 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Don't go to a dealer, send it to Flight Systems...They charge you $50 plus shipping ( about $12 each way ) and they know what to do.

Stephanie Gieleghem

Flight Systems
33820 Riviera Drive
Fraser, MI 48026
586-888-0010 Ext. 2221
586-888-0014

sgieleghem@fseg.net
OurPTGT and Busted_PT like this.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 09:54 pm
Cool Cruiser

Exclamation Re: Stage 1 PCM Reflash PROBLEM!!!

I'm still waiting for my stage 1, luckily Cindy at FWDperformance flashed itvbutvi still haven't received it yet. The money has slready need deducts from my account too.
Purple 2005 PT GT ATX w/ Mopar stage 1 PCM, Diablosport 93 oct tune, airbox mod, K&N drop in filter, Mopar BOV, motor mount inserts, NGK Iridium plugs, MSD wires, ARP Head Studs, Gates Racing Timing Belt, purple painted Valve cover, Rebuilt motor, Rebuilt (stock) Turbo , AEM Boost, Oil Pressure, and Wideband guages, triple guage A pillar pod, Strut Tower brace, Needswings 3in o2 housing, 3in downpipe w/ high flow cat and electric cutout, 2.5in Magnaflow catback, custom check valve, custom larger capacity trans cooler w/ built in cooling fan, matte black hood and grille, gloss black stock SRT neon rims, purple lug nuts, blacked out tailights and reflectors so far. Many other mods soon to come.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 06:31 am
Young Cruiser

i guess im going to have to, I emailed about 5 more dealers about it and I still didnt go to my local that I get it serviced they same pretty cool so they may do it. Is it hard to install? Do i just diconnect the battery then unplug and replug everything? Thanks for the help this is bugging me
Old 18 Apr 2012, 04:58 pm
Senior Cruiser

I would assume if you provide her your VIN# and current mileage and dont drive the car, she could get it flashed.

89 Shadow ES 2.5 T2 +20's A555
86 TurboZ CS 2.2 T2 +20's A555
90 Daytona ES 2.5 T1 A523
90 Datyona Shelby VNT needs work
00 Durango SLT+ 5.9 4x4
02 Grand Cherokee 4.7 4x4
03 PT GT Black 5 sp Stg 1
05 PT GT Silver 5 Spd Conv
06 PT GT Cool Vanilla 5 spd Conv
06 PT Base Marine Blue 40TE Conv
Old 18 Apr 2012, 05:14 pm
Regular Cruiser

I just purchased a stage one from cindy at FWD performance and she told me they don't reflash. She told me to take it to a dealer, flight system is backed up three weeks.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 05:31 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromer don View Post
I just purchased a stage one from cindy at FWD performance and she told me they don't reflash. She told me to take it to a dealer, flight system is backed up three weeks.
WOW, really? I never had that with Flight Systems. They always flashed the VIN right away and shipped it back to me the same day or the next
Old 18 Apr 2012, 08:48 pm
Cool Cruiser

Talking Re: Stage 1 PCM Reflash PROBLEM!!!

Damn guess I got lucky then. When u install the stage 1, does ur mileage go back to zero on the screen below the speedo? Cuz Cindy never asked for my mileage so I never gave it to her, I just gave her my vin number and she said shed flash it but it'd add a 4 week wait.
Purple 2005 PT GT ATX w/ Mopar stage 1 PCM, Diablosport 93 oct tune, airbox mod, K&N drop in filter, Mopar BOV, motor mount inserts, NGK Iridium plugs, MSD wires, ARP Head Studs, Gates Racing Timing Belt, purple painted Valve cover, Rebuilt motor, Rebuilt (stock) Turbo , AEM Boost, Oil Pressure, and Wideband guages, triple guage A pillar pod, Strut Tower brace, Needswings 3in o2 housing, 3in downpipe w/ high flow cat and electric cutout, 2.5in Magnaflow catback, custom check valve, custom larger capacity trans cooler w/ built in cooling fan, matte black hood and grille, gloss black stock SRT neon rims, purple lug nuts, blacked out tailights and reflectors so far. Many other mods soon to come.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 09:15 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksCruiser View Post
Damn guess I got lucky then. When u install the stage 1, does ur mileage go back to zero on the screen below the speedo? Cuz Cindy never asked for my mileage so I never gave it to her, I just gave her my vin number and she said shed flash it but it'd add a 4 week wait.
Your mileage stays the same.

Tags
pcm, stage 1