Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stage 1 kit question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Apr 2004, 06:28 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Stage 1 kit question

I have a 2003 and have been on the fence about Stage 1 due to the warranty issues. This is my daily driver.
My question is this:
I put the Stage 1 kit (pcm & injectors) in the car. Down the road I have a problem that requires I take it to the dealer, as it is still under warranty. I don't want them to know it has stage 1 in it so I swap back in the original computer, but do not change the injectors. Will the engine function correctly with the bigger injectors still in there? If it sounds like it is running OK, is it doing damage that I can't hear or know about, i.e. running too rich, etc. Will any codes appear?
Has anyone else been in this situation yet? This will be a determining factor in whether I get one or not. Thanks.
Old 15 Apr 2004, 07:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

The Stage One "information sheet" states that " SPECIAL NOTE: P0633 Fault Code Explanation It is normal for the Stage 1 kit to set the P0633 fault code. This code will not activate the MIL ( Malfunction Indicator Light ), but it will be displayed during a diagnostic check. The vehicle functionality or performance will not be affected as a result of this code." That is on page 1 of the installation instructions that I loaded from

https://www.1stchryslerparts.com/pro...76b21d6701eb5e
Old 15 Apr 2004, 07:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I believe you have to give DC your vin # when you order STG 1 so they will know anyway. Have you shopped around to find a STG1 friendly dealer? I found 2 in my area other than where I got the car and they both said warranty not a problem as long as they did the install.
JIM
Old 15 Apr 2004, 08:09 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I have my stage 1 for almost a year now (First Batch)

I bought mine thru "Wykoffchrysler", I had to give them all the info including milage and VIN. I have taken my car for service three times and it has never been a problem, (I change PCMs just to make sure they don't flash the programinig ) I have placed the factory PCM many times back and it has never been a problem.

Go ahead and enjoy your stage 1, If you think the car may break on the road, just put the original PCM inside the pocket of the trunk with a 11MM wrench so you can swap it anywhere. It takes less than 5 minutes to swap them.

Ian
Old 17 Apr 2004, 08:40 am
Fresh Cruiser

The link I posted earlier this week wasn't the right one. I just found the correct one. Look on the left side , "Install it Yourself" is the document. It is in .pdf format.
http://www.mopar.com/pt_stage_1.htm

Sorry bout the error.

Old 17 Apr 2004, 10:59 am
Fresh Cruiser

[^]I installed my S1 kit on friday ,took about 3hours,only problem was the electrial connections untill I found the secret of disconnecting them.Did a quick learn on the tranny,haven't had a chance too really put the pedal to the metal yet. But dose it ever feel strong.I have a 03 GT.[8]