PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stage 1 problem

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Aug 2014, 02:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Stage 1 problem

The original STAGE 1 from Chrysler in many places cam with NO WARRANTY.It was sold and intended for off road use only. that last phrase and the abuse of it from the consumer is why the program ended with MOPAR and PT Cruisers. If you got a suspected defective PCM it would be tested and exchanged within a reasonable time frame. Some dealerships would offer a standard dealership warranty (not Chrysler) to cover parts and labor for their customers. Their program for warranty returns most likely would have reimbursed some of their warrantied parts from Chrysler.
The STAGE 1 offered threw parts stores if you look and read really cover nothing. You just think that it has a warranty. Many would mention the standard 30 day but even that would be arguable if they were not going to get covered from the re-flasher of the STAGE 1 PCM.

Tom finding the member he got it probably only get him a "I never had a problem with it" response and no warranty.

I wish there were more ECU calibrators or at least a few more member that have done even minor changing using a PCM access tuning aid. Perhaps this thread would be much shorter?

It is an easy procedure with a little instruction or experience. Simplistic procedure but may vary in wording depending on calibration device. Access AC operation cell in the PCM, enter off or on.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 12 Aug 2014, 03:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
The original STAGE 1 from Chrysler in many places cam with NO WARRANTY.It was sold and intended for off road use only. that last phrase and the abuse of it from the consumer is why the program ended with MOPAR and PT Cruisers. If you got a suspected defective PCM it would be tested and exchanged within a reasonable time frame. Some dealerships would offer a standard dealership warranty (not Chrysler) to cover parts and labor for their customers. Their program for warranty returns most likely would have reimbursed some of their warrantied parts from Chrysler.
The STAGE 1 offered threw parts stores if you look and read really cover nothing. You just think that it has a warranty. Many would mention the standard 30 day but even that would be arguable if they were not going to get covered from the re-flasher of the STAGE 1 PCM.

Tom finding the member he got it probably only get him a "I never had a problem with it" response and no warranty.

I wish there were more ECU calibrators or at least a few more member that have done even minor changing using a PCM access tuning aid. Perhaps this thread would be much shorter?

It is an easy procedure with a little instruction or experience. Simplistic procedure but may vary in wording depending on calibration device. Access AC operation cell in the PCM, enter off or on.

Sounds like you are the man for the job. You have some experience with some of this. Hook him up. Otherwise he will be looking to spend money to correct this.
Ttomes likes this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 12 Aug 2014, 04:29 pm
Cool Cruiser

Nitro, do you have the equipment and experience to do this?
Old 12 Aug 2014, 04:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

QUOTE=Ttomes;534336]Nitro, do you have the equipment and experience to do this?[/QUOTE]

experience yes, CMR not yet. The CMR program is around 4500 and I have not decided if I can recoup my investment in a year by selling Performance calibrations to MOPAR freaks. That is why I suggested to go to the SRT forum and talk to the 2 well know CMR guys there.
Be careful of one guy. He does very good calibration but locks his work in YOUR computer stating that the calibration are his property. LOL
Kinda of like you bringing an empty bottle and having it fill with air and the person say it is his air in the bottle. The downside to having someone lock you PCM is that you can not make minor changes. Also if something were to happen to the guy who locked your PCM you would need to pay for the service to unlock it before any changes could be made.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 13 Aug 2014, 12:37 am
Banned

Can't he scrap the stage one and get a diablo instead?
Old 13 Aug 2014, 09:03 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jep View Post
Can't he scrap the stage one and get a diablo instead?
You really benefit from the shift mods the stage 1 gives. The Diablo can't do that for him. He has an ATX. Also his being a lite 180HP. I'm not sure you can over come all that to the same level as the GT. Nitro may have some insight on that issue, to weather or not that would make any difference.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com

Last edited by Busted_PT; 13 Aug 2014 at 09:07 am.
Old 13 Aug 2014, 09:55 am
Banned

I too think the diablo can do the same thing in a lite on a stage one in regards to power if tuned properly

If I were dealing with his issues, i would ditch it in favor of a diablo as well

My 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
You really benefit from the shift mods the stage 1 gives. The Diablo can't do that for him. He has an ATX. Also his being a lite 180HP. I'm not sure you can over come all that to the same level as the GT. Nitro may have some insight on that issue, to weather or not that would make any difference.

Last edited by Jep; 13 Aug 2014 at 09:59 am.
Old 13 Aug 2014, 10:31 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Tom has multiple engine mods and has DiabloSport Intune.
It is not a point of "ditching" or not running a STAGE 1 with a modified engine using an 41TE/ATX automatic trans-axle, you need the TCM adjustments that can NOT be done currently from any source other than with a STAGE 1 PCM

The DiabloSport CAN NOT change any operations in the transmission.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 13 Aug 2014 at 10:34 am.
Old 13 Aug 2014, 01:11 pm
Banned

Think you are missing the point jep

I know that the diablo didn't tune the shifting.

But can't the engine management make the same power as the stage one???

I remember reading that somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
Tom has multiple engine mods and has DiabloSport Intune.
It is not a point of "ditching" or not running a STAGE 1 with a modified engine using an 41TE/ATX automatic trans-axle, you need the TCM adjustments that can NOT be done currently from any source other than with a STAGE 1 PCM

The DiabloSport CAN NOT change any operations in the transmission.
Old 13 Aug 2014, 03:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

STAGE 1 IS FIXED CALABRATIONS.

DiabloSport is a tuning aid to adjust even within a STAGE 1 PCM.

Neither can accessed to adjust or by way make changes in the TCM.

The Intune has 2 performance maps or "canned tunes" available to use. They are called a 91 and 93 tune. The 91 is about equal to the STAGE 1 where as the 93 is a bit more aggressive by maybe 5-10hp over a STAGE 1.

If you are planning aggressive driving with an automatic PT Cruiser you need the STAGE 1 even if you are getting a DiabloSport to have better shifting capabilities which in the end help prolong the life of the transmission.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN