Syked ECU vs Mopar Stage 1

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Nov 2014, 10:35 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Syked ECU vs Mopar Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
Todd you are VERY new to this and do not even know yet the inherent little quirks the STAGE 1MOPAR has.

This is not accurate information: SYKED has/is collecting core for his growing core bank so that a customer can order a PAC/ECU and not have their vehicle down during the process. There is some rarer cores that are being sought and those cores are slowly being stocked.

What specifically are you referring to incompatibilities? Currently the PCM are swapped as per year,model and VIN. Other thoughts are not realized and are being considered. If you have information or can get other STAGE 1 MOPAR PCM (there are various model and all different BTW)cores to examine this would help considerably otherwise please try to use your thread for conjectures on things your are theorizing on and heave little practical experience with as per your quote of being NEW to PCM upgrading. Thank you!

It is not a thing of appears SYKED can calibrate NA,Turbolite and GT TUrbo model PT Cruisers with custom PCM calibration which can include the TCM. What he does not have is all the model MOPAR STAGE 1 to be able to duplicate them for customers wanting the exact MOPAR STAGED calibrations.

If you DO NOT have the proper model PT Cruiser than I would NOT advise anyone to get a DiobloSport. They have the list of specific models for there tool and you could lose your warranty with them if you go outside there list of vehicle application. If you do want to get a PT Cruiser calibrated and use the DiabloSport tool than this should be discussed with SYKED directly first. I am not say it can not be done but you need to understand how it works.

Todd thanks for the response!
Basically you really are not really helping here. You have little ECU/PCM experience and and are not even a SYKED customer or have even talked with KEVEN yet?
Since this is a thread about Syked stage 1 vs Mopar stage 1, then why don't you enlighten us as to the 'inherent little quirks' the Mopar version has, and if Syked has overcome them? Why is this a secret? Surely this would help Syked sales?
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 14 Nov 2014, 10:38 am
Fresh Cruiser

Smile Re: Syked ECU vs Mopar Stage 1

Hi thnx for the response,wasn't sure if the site was legit or not,Kevin sounds like a very sharp person with regard to ecu/pcm tuning. You as well seem quite on top of it. I also heard that the diablo sport tuner was not compatible with my 05 tourng edition as you mentioned. I also drive an 01-5-spd-non turbo as my daily driver.Been a great ride for 155k still runs like a top! Bought the 05 for retirement been in storage for 7yrs,just recently got it out and started using it,looking to get aorund no more than 250 or so H.P. Hope to chat with you later,Is there going to be a thing at the beach this year?
Quote:
Howdy and welcome to the forum.

When you go to check out you will get the address to send your PCM. Sorry there is no phone to contact but if needed you will get a call.
In the past when a number was provided customers would go outside the realm of ECU/PCM Calibration information for help in diagnostics resolving issues and even sometimes how to : chassis set up?
Those type of questions are better for shops and even forums to get help from. So consequently a contact number is no longer published.

There are a couple of options with the PCM. You can send your PCM in for calibration, you can pay a core charge for an exchange(if a core is available) to send your later.

I f you have sent an email in through the website and have not received an answer it may take a few days to get a response.

At the current time the SYKED is trying to fill current orders and has not been able to keep up on the emailed questions. But rest assured he will get to them as soon as he can.
Old 14 Nov 2014, 10:45 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
If anyone has bought product from SYKED and is having trouble getting a response from SYKED please PM me.
He met the guy two weeks ago on this forum and now he's his secretary? That's rich.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 14 Nov 2014 at 10:47 am.
Old 14 Nov 2014, 11:07 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by myckee View Post
Since this is a thread about Syked stage 1 vs Mopar stage 1, then why don't you enlighten us as to the 'inherent little quirks' the Mopar version has, and if Syked has overcome them? Why is this a secret? Surely this would help Syked sales?
Just a few things

The STAGE 1 creates PTB.
Has very little Torque adjustments.
Does not raise the factory set speed limit
Does not change the radiator fan speeds
That's all for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
He met the guy two weeks ago on this forum and now he's his secretary? That's rich.
This TODD you are wrong and as they say "burning your bridge"!
You assumption because Zane had already talked with Keven and asked him to join this forum. The Performance calibration community is rather small. Way all tend to see what others are doing and at times will talk. Should I aso mention Mark Duster, Ryan,Bruce to name a few that are CMR or calibration tuners around other forums?

What you are doing is simply emphasizing why more vendors are not members or forums in general. They have to respond to key board experts like yourself. Most don't have the time and simply DON"T participate on forums.
PLEASE try to STOP before we lose this vendor on this forum!

I can tell you he does not need the problems you are starting and the PT PCM calibration market is not worth his time to invest constant baby sitting with members responding in the way your are doing.
PLEASE do not make assumption what my relationship may or may not be with a vendor.

Last edited by NitroPT; 14 Nov 2014 at 11:16 am.
Old 14 Nov 2014, 11:14 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtopman View Post
Hi thnx for the response,wasn't sure if the site was legit or not,Kevin sounds like a very sharp person with regard to ecu/pcm tuning. You as well seem quite on top of it. I also heard that the diablo sport tuner was not compatible with my 05 tourng edition as you mentioned. I also drive an 01-5-spd-non turbo as my daily driver.Been a great ride for 155k still runs like a top! Bought the 05 for retirement been in storage for 7yrs,just recently got it out and started using it,looking to get aorund no more than 250 or so H.P. Hope to chat with you later,Is there going to be a thing at the beach this year?
Howdy again.

Please PM and give me a good contact source to have Keven @ SYKED get in touch with you in the next few days. It may be the first of next week but I can pass along the information today.

For you it may be better to either get a spare PCM for specific calibration custom for your needs or to flash your PCM to be able to use the Dioblosport tool to change and adjust PCM performance files. If when ever possible that is a better way to go. You can get new custom adjusted files emailed to you and can upload and test them withing minutes with a DST.
The advantage with this method is if you ever sell your PT you can always return to OEM operating status. And you can un-marry your DST and sell it separately.
Old 14 Nov 2014, 11:23 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
You seem a bit jealous. Beginning to sound like some others on here. sad. This guy has offered services never before offered for the PT and you and others are trying to open up shop on his thread and then wonder why he doesn't respond to you . At which point you blame the only member that has a open line of communication with him, for it. This is a good way to have a guy like this say that to heck with that. To many children on here to bother with us. I'm very surprised and disappointed in some for being lead into the back stabbing,pm sharing, and engineering post to elicit a response. Grow up people. Deal with your diffrence man to man. You don't need CREWZIN. Contact the person. Or if that isn't an option just ignore them and move on.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 14 Nov 2014, 11:34 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
You seem a bit jealous. Beginning to sound like some others on here. sad. This guy has offered services never before offered for the PT and you and others are trying to open up shop on his thread and then wonder why he doesn't respond to you . At which point you blame the only member that has a open line of communication with him, for it. This is a good way to have a guy like this say that to heck with that. To many children on here to bother with us. I'm very surprised and disappointed in some for being lead into the back stabbing,pm sharing, and engineering post to elicit a response. Grow up people. Deal with your diffrence man to man. You don't need CREWZIN. Contact the person. Or if that isn't an option just ignore them and move on.
You quoted me. But I think this is for.... Well, we know who it's for.

My guilt is just getting pulled into the drama again. I just can't stand coming here to have a friendly discussion and share what I've learned only to get accosted by the peanut gallery. It takes all the joy out of this. Maybe I'll trade my PT for a Schwinn. Or are there certified master knuckleheads on that forum too? http://www.schwinnbikeforum.com/index.php?topic=24987.0

PS: I think there must be something wrong with all of us to spend so much time on an internet forum. Guys and gals trying to work in this field likely stay away because we all seem nuts. And at least in my case, and the case of a few others, they are likely correct.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 14 Nov 2014 at 11:54 am. Reason: Again, too personal.
Old 14 Nov 2014, 11:41 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I have just called Zanewaner the member that in his thread and how it grew to finally getting Keven @SYKED to join here. Perhaps reading Zanewaners response might help with clearing relationships of mentioned member up a bit?
Here is the original thread:

Stage 1 transmsission tables?

Zane will be responding today when he gets a break from his job.

Hey buddy (Zane) these are for you...

Old 14 Nov 2014, 12:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Red face Re: Syked ECU vs Mopar Stage 1

Time to chill out guys!
How's about a beer summit?

2010 Dodge Challenger SE as my day-driver.
2005 "Limited", Stage 1 Turbo Lite, the "Cowboy Cruiser".

Have now owned 5 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!

Last edited by soonercruiser; 14 Nov 2014 at 12:34 pm.
Old 14 Nov 2014, 12:52 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
Time to chill out guys!
How's about a beer summit?
How you going to get there I hear your PT burns oil like crazy!