PT Cruiser Forum

Syked ECU vs Mopar Stage 1

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Nov 2014, 11:39 am
Fresh Cruiser

Question Syked ECU vs Mopar Stage 1

Hello Everyone,
Searched the threads to no avail.Is there a difference between the Mopar stage 1 PCM and the current Syked ECU that is available from Modern Performance? Planning to upgrade PCM on a '05 turbo light with auto trans. Thanks!
Old 11 Nov 2014, 11:58 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Syked ECU vs Mopar Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiserMike View Post
Hello Everyone,
Searched the threads to no avail.Is there a difference between the Mopar stage 1 PCM and the current Syked ECU that is available from Modern Performance? Planning to upgrade PCM on a '05 turbo light with auto trans. Thanks!

MOPAR had no other updates or improvements once the STAGE 1 PCM were canceled and the firmware owned my Chrysler was returned.

The STAGE 1 MOPAR from MP are the same.

ADHD=Auto Detailing & Hotrodding Dude
Old 12 Nov 2014, 07:20 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the info, will be getting in touch with Cyndi at FWD Performance!
Old 12 Nov 2014, 09:17 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiserMike View Post
Thanks for the info, will be getting in touch with Cyndi at FWD Performance!
A Syked PT Cruiser PCM calibration has improvements that were NOT done to the MOPAR STAGE 1 program.

They can be done later to your PCM/Stage one but you can get all for less at Syked from the start.

Old 14 Nov 2014, 08:39 am
Fresh Cruiser

Smile Re: Syked ECU vs Mopar Stage 1

Hi new to site some great threads and help on here! Question:stage-1 ecm flash from syke's sounds awesome,but there is no phone # or street address on there website?Do you have to send your ecm to FWD performance to get this done or can you just buy one from FWD or sykes? Got my ecu out and ready to mail if necessary. I just retired and have an 05 touring conv.turbo with 18k on it put a BOV on it grannitelli wires k&N filter,boost guage,intake and exhaust upgrades down the road just want a lil more power first and this seems like the way to go.Any help would be appreciated never delt with a turbo car before!!
Old 14 Nov 2014, 09:15 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtopman View Post
Hi new to site some great threads and help on here! Question:stage-1 ecm flash from syke's sounds awesome,but there is no phone # or street address on there website?Do you have to send your ecm to FWD performance to get this done or can you just buy one from FWD or sykes? Got my ecu out and ready to mail if necessary. I just retired and have an 05 touring conv.turbo with 18k on it put a BOV on it grannitelli wires k&N filter,boost guage,intake and exhaust upgrades down the road just want a lil more power first and this seems like the way to go.Any help would be appreciated never delt with a turbo car before!!
First, I am fairly new to this myself. But I always do my homework. And I recently installed a Stage 1 PCM on my PT GT. Here's what I know.

There are several vendors for the Mopar Stage 1. FWDPerformance is as good as any. They get them programed-to-order from Flight Systems. The advantage is that you don't have to send them your PCM for a core. And the PCM will come with your VIN number in it. So it's just plug and play and you still have your original PCM. It provides a light performance boost (not turbo boost) to PT Cruiser GT editions. It will most likely not be totally compatible with your Touring turbo edition. And no one on this forum seems to know exactly what the incompatibilities will be though it has been done. Potential issues would be with the automatic transmission and speedometer. It may be less of an issue with the 5-speed. But I can find no conformation of that.

Syked Tuning is run by a guy named Keven that is a member of this forum, "sykedtuner". You can likely contact him by PM for here. He appears to have the ability to reprogram a PCM to just about any specs. And he has some "tunes" to program into the PCM the are reported to be a real improvement over the Stage 1. Kevin can also program a performance PCM to be compatible with your Touring edition. And I believe he could either reprogram you existing PCM or obtain and program a second PCM per your choice and budget.

The third and possibly best option for someone that has already begun performance mods to the engine would be to get a Diablo Sport tuner. However, these are not supposed to be compatible with the Touring turbo edition. But again, Kevin says he can fix that. So a custom tuned PCM from Syked Tuning could, in theory, also accept an add-on tuner so you could make further tweaks yourself based on future mods to your engine.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 14 Nov 2014 at 09:24 am.
Old 14 Nov 2014, 09:18 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Howdy and welcome to the forum.

When you go to check out you will get the address to send your PCM. Sorry there is no phone to contact but if needed you will get a call.
In the past when a number was provided customers would go outside the realm of ECU/PCM Calibration information for help in diagnostics resolving issues and even sometimes how to : chassis set up?
Those type of questions are better for shops and even forums to get help from. So consequently a contact number is no longer published.

There are a couple of options with the PCM. You can send your PCM in for calibration, you can pay a core charge for an exchange(if a core is available) to send your later.

I f you have sent an email in through the website and have not received an answer it may take a few days to get a response.

At the current time the SYKED is trying to fill current orders and has not been able to keep up on the emailed questions. But rest assured he will get to them as soon as he can.

Old 14 Nov 2014, 09:34 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
First, I am fairly new to this myself. But I always do my homework. And I recently installed a Stage 1 PCM on my PT GT. Here's what I know.

Todd you are VERY new to this and do not even know yet the inherent little quirks the STAGE 1MOPAR has.

There are several vendors for the Mopar Stage 1. FWDPerformance is as good as any. They get them programed-to-order from Flight Systems. The advantage is that you don't have to send them your PCM for a core. And the PCM will come with your VIN number in it. So it's just plug and play and you still have your original PCM. It provides a light performance boost (not turbo boost) to PT Cruiser GT editions. It will most likely not be totally compatible with Touring turbo edition. And no one on this forum seems to know exactly what the incompatibilities will be though it has been done. Potential issues would be with the automatic transmission and speedometer. It may be less of an issue with the 5-speed. But I can find no conformation of that.

This is not accurate information: SYKED has/is collecting core for his growing core bank so that a customer can order a PAC/ECU and not have their vehicle down during the process. There is some rarer cores that are being sought and those cores are slowly being stocked.

What specifically are you referring to incompatibilities? Currently the PCM are swapped as per year,model and VIN. Other thoughts are not realized and are being considered. If you have information or can get other STAGE 1 MOPAR PCM (there are various model and all different BTW)cores to examine this would help considerably otherwise please try to use your thread for conjectures on things your are theorizing on and heave little practical experience with as per your quote of being NEW to PCM upgrading. Thank you!

Syked Tuning is run by a guy named Keven that is a member of this forum, "sykedtuner". You can likely contact him by PM for here. He appears to have the ability to reprogram a PCM to just about any specs. And he has some "tunes" to program into the PCM the are reported to be a real improvement over the Stage 1. Kevin can also program a performance PCM to be compatible with your Touring edition. And I believe he could either reprogram you existing PCM or obtain and program a second PCM per your choice and budget.

It is not a thing of appears SYKED can calibrate NA,Turbolite and GT TUrbo model PT Cruisers with custom PCM calibration which can include the TCM. What he does not have is all the model MOPAR STAGE 1 to be able to duplicate them for customers wanting the exact MOPAR STAGED calibrations.

The third and possibly best option for someone that has already begun performance mods to the engine would be to get a Diablo Sport tuner. However, these are not supposed to be compatible with the Touring turbo edition. But again, Kevin says he can fit that. So a custom tuned PCM from Syked Tuning could, in theory, also accept an add-on tuner so you could make further tweaks yourself based on future mods to your engine.

If you DO NOT have the proper model PT Cruiser than I would NOT advise anyone to get a DiobloSport. They have the list of specific models for there tool and you could lose your warranty with them if you go outside there list of vehicle application. If you do want to get a PT Cruiser calibrated and use the DiabloSport tool than this should be discussed with SYKED directly first. I am not say it can not be done but you need to understand how it works.
Todd thanks for the response!
Basically you really are not really helping here. You have little ECU/PCM experience and and are not even a SYKED customer or have even talked with KEVEN yet?

Old 14 Nov 2014, 09:38 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
Todd thanks for the response!
Basically you really are not really helping here. You have little ECU/PCM experience and and are not even a SYKED customer or have even talked with KEVEN yet?
And I suspect he is the reason Kevin is not excepting phone calls.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 14 Nov 2014 at 11:24 am. Reason: personal insults NOT needed
Old 14 Nov 2014, 10:23 am
Obsessed Cruiser

If anyone has bought product from SYKED and is having trouble getting a response from SYKED please PM me.