The Handy Mopar Stage 1 Install

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Oct 2018, 12:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: The Handy Mopar Stage 1 Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by myckee View Post

I have a Syked Stage 1 . Syked basically took the stock Mopar S1 and tweaked it a bit and also added the decel popping. ........ has some part throttle weirdness that I don't like.
Yes I may have all the original calibrations that he used for the purpose. We had talked about why they were causing idle and off idle problems. It is a little more then what I think was being changed in one cell area. To do it correctly their are several cells needing calibration changes to works without adding problems. If you look at least AFR and timing you may be able to see the flaw? I looked at a few other area's and could see the ECU struggling...so to say!

In the end for people like you (myckee) and me....better to do our own ECU calibrating

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 15 Oct 2018, 12:28 pm
Senior Cruiser

Calibrated for "popping?" Isn't that just too rich? T1 cars used to do it much more than this thing.

Part of that might be how the PT doesn't let the idle drop immediately when I take my foot off the gas. It is a feature I have complained about, but it probably keeps the car from going from load to no load before it can lean back down.
Old 16 Oct 2018, 04:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fk5 View Post
Calibrated for "popping?" Isn't that just too rich?

Part of that might be how the PT doesn't let the idle drop immediately when I take my foot off the gas. It is a feature I have complained about, but it probably keeps the car from going from load to no load before it can lean back down.
There is a specif way to properly calibrate a ECU for the "popping" effect. ECU "toooner" aka calibrator hacks just richen up the idle and pat themselves on the back.

The idle drops quick on mine as it should on all but drive by wire TB. If your's don't something is not correct. The Throttle body is cable controlled not a drive by wire. When the throttle plate is shut the engine speed should also reflect the fuel and air changes. Think about that just a little before responding.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN