PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Myckee's Syked Performance Mopar Stage 1 ECU is here! :)

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By soonercruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Jan 2015, 06:55 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Myckee's Syked Performance Mopar Stage 1 ECU is here! :)

Well, my Syked Performance Mopar Stage 1 arrived today!! I am so excited! I have been waiting for this for a while! So AWESOME!!! Thanks Kevin!! I am totally excited to give it a spin.

It was -18C today (about -1F) and despite that I braved the ridiculous frigid temps and plugged in my new SYKED PERFORMANCE Tuned Mopar Stage 1 ECU. Anyway I plugged it in, and, with the help of my new Noco Genius Boost UltraSafe Lithium Jump start pack, since the battery was dead, the car fired right up. No codes, no engine lights just SMOOTH running bliss. I still haven't installed the bigger injectors yet but boy does the engine run smooth! I am so super excited!! It is really running so well despite the cold! I can't wait to drive this car!! Thanks Kevin!! You are the best!!

That is about the extent of the testing I will be able to do until spring as there is a ton of snow on the ground, and I can't really play safely with it. I will update this thread in the spring when I have completed my trans swap, timing belt and waterpump change and bunch of other stuff that needs to get done before I can run it on the street.

As an aside, the ECU is not really "new", but the programming is! I had originally sent Syked a spare 03 turbo computer to install the Stage 1 programming. I didn't realise that the 03 computer was NGC1 hardware and the Stage 1 programming required NGC3 hardware to accept the higher resoluton programming. All 04 and 05 turbo PT and turbo Neon(srt4) are the required hardware by default. So, in a rush, I found a Neon SRT4 ecu that had already been flashed to Mopar Stage 1 programming, for an ok price, on car-part.com.

I didn't have to get a Stage 1 computer, but I figured this was the easiest way to BE SURE the part I ordered was the correct one since I would have it sent directly from the salvage yard to Kevin to save time. I also figured that Kevin might have been able to add this tune to his database, if he didn't already have this exact one, since Mopar had several revisions over the years.

Thats it for now. I will post a follow up in the spring. For all of you that had been considering having Syked (Kevin) do some work for you but were hesitant for whatever reason, he is the real deal and a great guy and you will not be disappointed!

No thread is worth anything without at least 1 pic, so here are 4. lol The last picture is of both my new Syked Stage 1 and the Mopar Stage 1 I had found in the local pull-a-part for my sister's car. I had sent it to Kevin for a simple VIN flash only.

Old 18 Jan 2015, 10:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Myckee's Syked Performance Mopar Stage 1 ECU is here! :)

How much did that cost u?
Old 18 Jan 2015, 11:52 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03ptatx View Post
How much did that cost u?
Well, the actual ECU cost me around $100 on car-part.com. I was in a rush and had to get something fast. The Stage 1 programming was $99 plus shipping. I think the total was $115 for the programming.

If your own computer is an 04 or 05 GT computer, then you won't need to buy another. Just send it in and he can install the Stage 1 programming and your total will be ~$115.

EDIT: I just noticed your user name is 03pt so I gather you have an 03. You also need to have a factory turbo. You can only get a Stage 1 for a GT. If that is the case, then you too will need an 04 or 05 core to send to him. I bought another spare on ebay for $40. They come and go fast there so you need to check daily.

Last edited by myckee; 19 Jan 2015 at 12:00 am.
Old 19 Jan 2015, 01:00 am
Senior Cruiser

By the way, in 04 and up the factory used upgraded injectors. In 03 they used smaller injectors, so to install a Stage 1 in an 03 you also need to upgrade to the bigger 04 and up injectors.

I have an extra set of them if you were considering doing this and would let them go pretty cheaply.
Old 26 Jan 2015, 04:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

WOW! You sure got a deal,I just got my 05ECU back from sykes with a stage one flash and it costs me $299!! Wonder whats with that???
Old 26 Jan 2015, 10:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Talking Re: Myckee's Syked Performance Mopar Stage 1 ECU is here! :)

The "new to me" 2005 Limited is a turbo light that has Stage 1.
Someone has already done a pretty good job of tuning her.
The gas milegae was wayyyy better than my HO turbo coming back from the East Coast.
And, she has a nice "burble" went I let off the throttle.
Just what I wanted to have!
Will post video/audio when I get a chance.
Handy_Cruiser and myckee like this.

2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 26 Jan 2015, 10:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
The gas milegae was wayyyy better than my HO turbo coming back from the East Coast.
What speedo and auto you running.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 27 Jan 2015, 12:25 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
Cool, sounds like you might have gotten a Sykes custom Stage 1 like ragtopman since you have the exhaust note which is his signature.