PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PLEASE HELP!!!!!

 
Like Tree18Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 20 Mar 2015, 08:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Beaver wv.
Posts: 14
Default Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I understang your issue with washington state mechanics. This sounds like you are in a area that is very city, or close to one. and probably one wich does emissions. Not all counties in washington do emissions, go to a county that does not, and to a small town. They will most likely not care. And will probably cost less also. I am a mechanic by trade and i know washington, that is the way i would try. Hope it works out for you
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 26 Mar 2015, 11:37 pm
TangerineDream76's Avatar
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 532
Default Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Okay, sorry for the delay, always so busy! :/ So I found a local tuner shop that is familiar with the Stage 1 set-up and am supposed to pick the car up tomorrow. Thank you for all the suggestions, it is much appreciated. I will update everyone when I get the car. I certainly hope I can feel the difference!!!
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 28 Mar 2015, 01:44 am
TangerineDream76's Avatar
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 532
Default Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Sssiiiggghhh, well the tuners computer lacked a driver to completely get the job done today so I have to wait until Monday or Tuesday now! It is killing me! BUT They are gonna dyno it before and after and he says he will really make sure it is set up properly. Further update to come...
__________________


'03 Dream Cruiser Series 2, ATX, Bought Oct. '14 w/103,000 miles.

Added: Smoked Tail/Reverse lights, LED reverse bulbs, Black-Bezel headlights w/clear Lamin-x, 6000k HIDs, New fog lights with yellow Lamin-x, LED DRL strips, Chrome antenna bezel, Mopar mud flaps "PT Cruiser" painted tangerine, Chrome Mopar "PT Cruiser" front sill plates ($15!), Low profile wiper blades, Large winged hood badge, 3 hole washer nozzles, Small winged badges on fenders under "Cruiser", Front windows tinted to match rears, '01 folding side mirrors (still need to wire for heat), Cross-drilled rotors w/Hawk performance pads, Replaced steel spare w/aluminum, '01 rear sway bar, K&N CAI, Mopar sub, Cargo net, Inner front seat/glove box trim, Mopar all-weather mats, LED interior lighting, Driver seat drawer, Interior mat set for cup holders, etc., Brand new/never opened Mopar "PT Cruiser" roof rack ($75!), Glow-in-the-dark key fob, RB1 Nav radio, Mopar iPod integration...More to come.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 15 Apr 2015, 08:38 pm
TangerineDream76's Avatar
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 532
Default Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!

So I was finally able to have this local tuner, who's wife actually has a built up PT tuned by him, attempt to install the injectors and PCM I purchased from a member here and he said that the PCM does NOT appear to be programmed for Stage 1 already like it was supposed to be :/ He is still going to look at a few more things but said that if he has to go in and retune the whole thing himself it is like $500. Not only do I not want to double pay...so I hope it is actually programmed right so I do not have to feel ripped off, but he said that if he remembers correctly, the '03's not only need the newer injectors but need the Diablo or some other similar damn thing in order to work properly and that only the '03's aren't a complete plug and play. He said if it were an '04/'05 that the PCM info is slightly different and does NOT require the Diablo step. But he said he needs to look a bit further. His wife's is actually an '05. I thought from my understanding that for an '03 the only things I needed were a properly programmed PCM and the newer injectors. Any thoughts? Turbo performance is new to me so I would appreciate further education on the subject. Thanks!
__________________


'03 Dream Cruiser Series 2, ATX, Bought Oct. '14 w/103,000 miles.

Added: Smoked Tail/Reverse lights, LED reverse bulbs, Black-Bezel headlights w/clear Lamin-x, 6000k HIDs, New fog lights with yellow Lamin-x, LED DRL strips, Chrome antenna bezel, Mopar mud flaps "PT Cruiser" painted tangerine, Chrome Mopar "PT Cruiser" front sill plates ($15!), Low profile wiper blades, Large winged hood badge, 3 hole washer nozzles, Small winged badges on fenders under "Cruiser", Front windows tinted to match rears, '01 folding side mirrors (still need to wire for heat), Cross-drilled rotors w/Hawk performance pads, Replaced steel spare w/aluminum, '01 rear sway bar, K&N CAI, Mopar sub, Cargo net, Inner front seat/glove box trim, Mopar all-weather mats, LED interior lighting, Driver seat drawer, Interior mat set for cup holders, etc., Brand new/never opened Mopar "PT Cruiser" roof rack ($75!), Glow-in-the-dark key fob, RB1 Nav radio, Mopar iPod integration...More to come.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 15 Apr 2015, 09:26 pm
Busted_PT's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beckley, W.V.
Posts: 13,769
Default Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangerineDream76 View Post
So I was finally able to have this local tuner, who's wife actually has a built up PT tuned by him, attempt to install the injectors and PCM I purchased from a member here and he said that the PCM does NOT appear to be programmed for Stage 1 already like it was supposed to be :/ He is still going to look at a few more things but said that if he has to go in and retune the whole thing himself it is like $500. Not only do I not want to double pay...so I hope it is actually programmed right so I do not have to feel ripped off, but he said that if he remembers correctly, the '03's not only need the newer injectors but need the Diablo or some other similar damn thing in order to work properly and that only the '03's aren't a complete plug and play. He said if it were an '04/'05 that the PCM info is slightly different and does NOT require the Diablo step. But he said he needs to look a bit further. His wife's is actually an '05. I thought from my understanding that for an '03 the only things I needed were a properly programmed PCM and the newer injectors. Any thoughts? Turbo performance is new to me so I would appreciate further education on the subject. Thanks!
Ok Nitro can give the particulars. But if you have a 03 stage one pcm then it will in deed be a plug and play and you don't need a deablo. The originals did not use it. That came later. From the aftermarket tuning community. Just who are you useing? And the price is way out of the ball park.
__________________

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 15 Apr 2015, 10:13 pm
TangerineDream76's Avatar
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 532
Default Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Ok Nitro can give the particulars. But if you have a 03 stage one pcm then it will in deed be a plug and play and you don't need a deablo. The originals did not use it. That came later. From the aftermarket tuning community. Just who are you useing? And the price is way out of the ball park.
Well crap. He is supposed to call me in the next few days with more info. The member I bought it from says they bought it from another member here but never installed it. Even if I had to have it completely programmed with the stage 1 info, this should cost me what, $200? and SHOULD be plug-n-play??
__________________


'03 Dream Cruiser Series 2, ATX, Bought Oct. '14 w/103,000 miles.

Added: Smoked Tail/Reverse lights, LED reverse bulbs, Black-Bezel headlights w/clear Lamin-x, 6000k HIDs, New fog lights with yellow Lamin-x, LED DRL strips, Chrome antenna bezel, Mopar mud flaps "PT Cruiser" painted tangerine, Chrome Mopar "PT Cruiser" front sill plates ($15!), Low profile wiper blades, Large winged hood badge, 3 hole washer nozzles, Small winged badges on fenders under "Cruiser", Front windows tinted to match rears, '01 folding side mirrors (still need to wire for heat), Cross-drilled rotors w/Hawk performance pads, Replaced steel spare w/aluminum, '01 rear sway bar, K&N CAI, Mopar sub, Cargo net, Inner front seat/glove box trim, Mopar all-weather mats, LED interior lighting, Driver seat drawer, Interior mat set for cup holders, etc., Brand new/never opened Mopar "PT Cruiser" roof rack ($75!), Glow-in-the-dark key fob, RB1 Nav radio, Mopar iPod integration...More to come.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 15 Apr 2015, 10:52 pm
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,370
Default Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!

If he has a proper scanner, he will be able to read the ecu information even if he can't write to it. He should be able to read it. He will then be able to see what software is programmed. For example, if it was your stock ecu, he would see the part number that is on the long thin sticker on the side of the ecu, which for an 03 GT/DC Automatic is 05033065A_, for manual: 05033062A_. For the stage one programming, he will see the part number on the front of the ecu: 4510057A_ for auto and 4510056A_ for manual. I think yours is an automatic so he should be able to see that it says P4510057A_. If he sees that then it has the stage 1 software installed.

If he can't verify that to you, then find someone else to scan it and read the info.

If it has the 03 s1 programming, all you need is the vin changed and injectors installed. It is literally plug and play if the Vin is already correct.

I'm not getting a good vibe from the tuner guy you are seeing.

Last edited by myckee; 15 Apr 2015 at 11:00 pm.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 16 Apr 2015, 01:07 am
TangerineDream76's Avatar
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 532
Default Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myckee View Post
If he has a proper scanner, he will be able to read the ecu information even if he can't write to it. He should be able to read it. He will then be able to see what software is programmed. For example, if it was your stock ecu, he would see the part number that is on the long thin sticker on the side of the ecu, which for an 03 GT/DC Automatic is 05033065A_, for manual: 05033062A_. For the stage one programming, he will see the part number on the front of the ecu: 4510057A_ for auto and 4510056A_ for manual. I think yours is an automatic so he should be able to see that it says P4510057A_. If he sees that then it has the stage 1 software installed.

If he can't verify that to you, then find someone else to scan it and read the info.

If it has the 03 s1 programming, all you need is the vin changed and injectors installed. It is literally plug and play if the Vin is already correct.

I'm not getting a good vibe from the tuner guy you are seeing.
Yeah I am starting to wonder myself, I will update when I can :/
__________________


'03 Dream Cruiser Series 2, ATX, Bought Oct. '14 w/103,000 miles.

Added: Smoked Tail/Reverse lights, LED reverse bulbs, Black-Bezel headlights w/clear Lamin-x, 6000k HIDs, New fog lights with yellow Lamin-x, LED DRL strips, Chrome antenna bezel, Mopar mud flaps "PT Cruiser" painted tangerine, Chrome Mopar "PT Cruiser" front sill plates ($15!), Low profile wiper blades, Large winged hood badge, 3 hole washer nozzles, Small winged badges on fenders under "Cruiser", Front windows tinted to match rears, '01 folding side mirrors (still need to wire for heat), Cross-drilled rotors w/Hawk performance pads, Replaced steel spare w/aluminum, '01 rear sway bar, K&N CAI, Mopar sub, Cargo net, Inner front seat/glove box trim, Mopar all-weather mats, LED interior lighting, Driver seat drawer, Interior mat set for cup holders, etc., Brand new/never opened Mopar "PT Cruiser" roof rack ($75!), Glow-in-the-dark key fob, RB1 Nav radio, Mopar iPod integration...More to come.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 16 Apr 2015, 10:03 am
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,370
Default Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!

If it was me, I would collect my ecu and send it off to syked for the vin flash. He is a good guy and will take care of you. He can also verify the programming concurrent to the vin flash.

As I mentioned earlier, he is not far from you; a nice 2 hour drive up the coast to enjoy your car. You might even be able to get personalized service on the spot. Otherwise, if you had mailed your ecu last month you likely would have had it back already.

Last edited by myckee; 16 Apr 2015 at 10:05 am.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 16 Apr 2015, 06:32 pm
TangerineDream76's Avatar
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 532
Default Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myckee View Post
If it was me, I would collect my ecu and send it off to syked for the vin flash. He is a good guy and will take care of you. He can also verify the programming concurrent to the vin flash.

As I mentioned earlier, he is not far from you; a nice 2 hour drive up the coast to enjoy your car. You might even be able to get personalized service on the spot. Otherwise, if you had mailed your ecu last month you likely would have had it back already.
I was beginning to think this as well, maybe contact him and see about driving up there on my next break from school in a few months.
__________________


'03 Dream Cruiser Series 2, ATX, Bought Oct. '14 w/103,000 miles.

Added: Smoked Tail/Reverse lights, LED reverse bulbs, Black-Bezel headlights w/clear Lamin-x, 6000k HIDs, New fog lights with yellow Lamin-x, LED DRL strips, Chrome antenna bezel, Mopar mud flaps "PT Cruiser" painted tangerine, Chrome Mopar "PT Cruiser" front sill plates ($15!), Low profile wiper blades, Large winged hood badge, 3 hole washer nozzles, Small winged badges on fenders under "Cruiser", Front windows tinted to match rears, '01 folding side mirrors (still need to wire for heat), Cross-drilled rotors w/Hawk performance pads, Replaced steel spare w/aluminum, '01 rear sway bar, K&N CAI, Mopar sub, Cargo net, Inner front seat/glove box trim, Mopar all-weather mats, LED interior lighting, Driver seat drawer, Interior mat set for cup holders, etc., Brand new/never opened Mopar "PT Cruiser" roof rack ($75!), Glow-in-the-dark key fob, RB1 Nav radio, Mopar iPod integration...More to come.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 am.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors