Advertisements
PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Apr 2015, 10:22 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Cool. Let us know how it works out!

I tend to be a bit impatient so it would have been shipped out already to save time. lol
Old 18 Apr 2015, 05:10 am
Fanatic Cruiser

With school being so busy I may be delayed at times with updates but will do my best.

'03 Dream Cruiser Series 2, ATX, Bought Oct. '14 w/103,000 miles.

Added: Smoked Tail/Reverse lights, LED reverse bulbs, Black-Bezel headlights w/clear Lamin-x, 6000k HIDs, New fog lights with yellow Lamin-x, LED DRL strips, Chrome antenna bezel, Mopar mud flaps "PT Cruiser" painted tangerine, Chrome Mopar "PT Cruiser" front sill plates ($15!), Low profile wiper blades, Large winged hood badge, 3 hole washer nozzles, Small winged badges on fenders under "Cruiser", Front windows tinted to match rears, '01 folding side mirrors (still need to wire for heat), Cross-drilled rotors w/Hawk performance pads, Replaced steel spare w/aluminum, '01 rear sway bar, K&N CAI, Mopar sub, Cargo net, Inner front seat/glove box trim, Mopar all-weather mats, LED interior lighting, Driver seat drawer, Interior mat set for cup holders, etc., Brand new/never opened Mopar "PT Cruiser" roof rack ($75!), Glow-in-the-dark key fob, RB1 Nav radio, Mopar iPod integration...More to come.
Old 23 Apr 2015, 01:25 am
Fanatic Cruiser

So for the moment dude still has my car. He showed me the Dyno today. With stock PCM and injectors I am apparently putting out 111 wheel horsepower. Now...yes I have an atx, but is this number not REALLY low??!! What whp should I be achieving stock and with the stage 1 setup???

Also, he verified that the injectors I received with the new PCM are correct, and showed me the Dyno for those being installed. Fuel delivery shows much smoother but runs 20% leaner than the stock setup, leaving me with...111 wheel horsepower still!! So, if the new injectors are correct, could there be something not programmed correctly in the "Stage 1" PCM that I purchased? All this kinda stuff with a turbo powertrain is all new to me so I am really trying to wrap my head around what the problem could be. This was supposed to be plug and play but the problem has apparently been narrowed down to running 20% lean with the new injectors and PCM installed. Please, please, please, any help is appreciated. I really wanna get this done!

Added: Smoked Tail/Reverse lights, LED reverse bulbs, Black-Bezel headlights w/clear Lamin-x, 6000k HIDs, New fog lights with yellow Lamin-x, LED DRL strips, Chrome antenna bezel, Mopar mud flaps "PT Cruiser" painted tangerine, Chrome Mopar "PT Cruiser" front sill plates ($15!), Low profile wiper blades, Large winged hood badge, 3 hole washer nozzles, Small winged badges on fenders under "Cruiser", Front windows tinted to match rears, '01 folding side mirrors (still need to wire for heat), Cross-drilled rotors w/Hawk performance pads, Replaced steel spare w/aluminum, '01 rear sway bar, K&N CAI, Mopar sub, Cargo net, Inner front seat/glove box trim, Mopar all-weather mats, LED interior lighting, Driver seat drawer, Interior mat set for cup holders, etc., Brand new/never opened Mopar "PT Cruiser" roof rack ($75!), Glow-in-the-dark key fob, RB1 Nav radio, Mopar iPod integration...More to come.
Old 23 Apr 2015, 11:18 am
Senior Cruiser

Do you have the dyno printouts? Post them up. NitroPT can examine them and get you pointed in the right direction. He is one of the few on the forum that can help you in that regard.

This is my take on the situation:
  • You took your car to a tuner shop a month ago.
  • The tuner shop owner has built up a PT for his wife and knows all about Stage1 ecus.
  • Tuner shop can't flash the vin.
  • Tuner shop can't check the ecu parameters.
  • Tuner shop wants to sell you a Diablosport for $500 because can't make Stage1 work and wants to look into it more.
  • After 1 month of having the car, he throws out some dyno numbers that, on the surface, don't seem to make sense.

With all of his experience with his wife's car, shouldn't he know what your car should be doing? Did he manage to change the vin of the ecu? If not, how does he have dyno numbers?

Either,
  • your car is not functiong correctly,
    and/or
  • your new ecu is not functioning correctly,
    and/or
  • the tuner shop doesn't know what they are doing,
    and/or
  • the tuner shop is trying to empty your wallet.

Here is a very basic website which talks about dynos and expected results. The last paragraph is important:

Dyno Testing Basics: Engine Dynos vs. Chassis Dynos

IF your ecu is actually not a stage1, Syked can make it into one for $99 including the vin change.
NitroPT likes this.
Old 23 Apr 2015, 01:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The Chassis DYNO is simply and should only be used as a tuning aid.
Without seeing a complete DATA sheet/DELTA set up pre run it is hard to say how the Dyno was set up. It would be a start to at least post a complete sheet without ASA smoothing which will also show what Dyno was used.

Mike I prefer my thread about Dyno's LOL
your http is alright I have used it myself...hahahaha!

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...yno-lying.html
myckee likes this.

Last edited by NitroPT; 23 Apr 2015 at 01:38 pm.
Old 23 Apr 2015, 06:12 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by myckee View Post
Do you have the dyno printouts? Post them up. NitroPT can examine them and get you pointed in the right direction. He is one of the few on the forum that can help you in that regard.

This is my take on the situation:
  • You took your car to a tuner shop a month ago.
  • The tuner shop owner has built up a PT for his wife and knows all about Stage1 ecus.
  • Tuner shop can't flash the vin.
  • Tuner shop can't check the ecu parameters.
  • Tuner shop wants to sell you a Diablosport for $500 because can't make Stage1 work and wants to look into it more.
  • After 1 month of having the car, he throws out some dyno numbers that, on the surface, don't seem to make sense.

With all of his experience with his wife's car, shouldn't he know what your car should be doing? Did he manage to change the vin of the ecu? If not, how does he have dyno numbers?

Either,
  • your car is not functiong correctly,
    and/or
  • your new ecu is not functioning correctly,
    and/or
  • the tuner shop doesn't know what they are doing,
    and/or
  • the tuner shop is trying to empty your wallet.

Here is a very basic website which talks about dynos and expected results. The last paragraph is important:

Dyno Testing Basics: Engine Dynos vs. Chassis Dynos

IF your ecu is actually not a stage1, Syked can make it into one for $99 including the vin change.
Yeah I didn't take a copy with me. I basically told him to finish figuring out what he can with no additional charges and let me know what he can do. I told him that this should just be plug n play and that even if the ecu is not programmed correctly, that there are multiple places I can send it to have it properly programmed for $100-$200 and I will install it myself. With school it has been hard for me to put too much attention to details on this and since he already has the car I basically told him to figure it out for the price I said or I am walking. If it wasn't for school I would have this done already I saw the name of the dyno being used at the top of the printout but can't recall it now, I know it was a name I have heard before though. When I can get back down there I will get a copy of it and post it. I told him that yeah I would love to have the diablo since I would have more options, BUT that it should NOT be required. I have seen different Diablo models, is there a particular one I need to look for if I decide to get one?

Old 23 Apr 2015, 06:26 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
Without seeing a complete DATA sheet/DELTA set up pre run it is hard to say how the Dyno was set up. It would be a start to at least post a complete sheet without ASA smoothing which will also show what Dyno was used.

So I am sure that he used a chassis dyno, and even if my parasitic loss was 25% my whp STOCK should be about 162hp, NOT 111hp! So, either he has something set up wrong or something is already wrong with my car it stock form. I do not think anything is wrong with the car, it runs 0-60 comparable to my 300M Special, which is whee it should be. I hear and feel the turbo work, and nothing has made me think that anything was wrong. SO, I have to imagine he has something set up wrong on his dyno. Nitro, I am going to read your thread now...

Old 23 Apr 2015, 06:33 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post

Okay, also interesting, and that article was over 10 years ago. So, there may be nothing wrong with my car OR his setup...at least when running my car stock. Sigh, but there IS still something wrong when running the stage 1 setup and THAT needs to be figured out. Argh!

Old 15 Jun 2015, 03:05 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Okay, I know this is extremely delayed, sorry!!! Been very busy with family obligations...So weeks ago I made the couple hour trip north to meet Kevin from Syked. He was awesome!!! In four hours he accomplished what the local shop could not figure out in over 6 WEEKS!!! Kevin knows his stuff and is enthusiastic about it, and having met him, I would totally recommend him to anyone. I have seen a few reviews whining about not getting instant satisfaction, he is only one man! The overwhelming positive reviews that I have read are well earned by Kevin!!! It was cool to see the limited edition SRT4 he has and has tuned himself, as well as to find out that he also has a 2002 300M Special like me! It was also cool for him since he was able to see his first Dream Cruiser Series 2 and actually play with a PT on the dyno. I had him do his own tune that he has that is a step up from Stage 1. I will attach a picture of my final dyno run, note that this was the 7th run and heat soak began to set in. The run immediately before this one was 196hp and 218trq. He then added the higher Stage 1 top-end cutoff and did this final run. So after taking into account the parasitic losses of my powertrain, (automatic transmission), I am now running about 240hp 280trq up from a stock 215hp 245trq. Feels so much better!!!

As a bonus, crank up your speakers and look below for a link to a video of the final run!!!

http://vid752.photobucket.com/albums...inal%20Run.mp4

Last edited by TangerineDream76; 15 Jun 2015 at 03:18 am.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 07:58 am
Senior Cruiser

Very very cool!! So much info on the dyno sheet! The video is awesome too! It is also nice to hear that you can really feel the difference on the street too!

Congrats man! If I lived close to Kevin like that, I would be doing the same thing! A very worthy drive up north for sure! I knew Kevin was the real deal after my dealings with him too!